|Item model number||DTSE9H/16GBZET|
|Item Weight||0.8 ounces|
|Product Dimensions||1.5 x 0.2 x 0.4 inches|
|Item Dimensions L x W x H||1.5 x 0.2 x 0.4 inches|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $2.25 shipping
Kingston Digital DataTraveler SE9 16GB USB 2.0 (DTSE9H/16GBZET)
|You Save:||$14.13 (71%)|
- Convenient - small, capless and pocket-sized for easy transportability
- Durable - metal casing with sturdy ring
- USB Specification: USB 2.0,Guaranteed - five-year warranty
- Supports Windows 7, Vista, XP and Mac
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Compare to Similar Items
This item: Kingston Digital DataTraveler SE9 16GB USB 2.0 (DTSE9H/16GBZET)
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Memory Storage Capacity||16||16||16 GB||16 GB|
Please help us improve this feature. Tell us what you think of this feature.
Metal Styling, Ultra-Reliable
Kingston's DataTraveler SE9 USB Flash drive has a stylish metal casing with a large ring so it will attach easily. The small form factor makes it a great accessory for notebooks like Ultrabooks as well as tablets that offer USB ports. Its durable casing lets users securely carry this drive everywhere they go with their new devices.
- Supports - Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, Vista & Mac
- Convenient - small, cap-less and pocket-sized for easy transportability
- Durable - metal casing with sturdy ring easily attaches to devices
- Storage - perfect for keeping all of your documents, videos, music and photos handy
- Capacity - with capacities available up to 64GB you'll always have plenty of storage available*
*Some of the listed capacity on a Flash storage device is used for formatting and other functions and thus is not available for data storage. As such, the actual available capacity for data storage is less than what is listed on the products. For more information, go to Kingston's Flash memory Guide at kingston.com/flashguide.
Top Customer Reviews
The drive read/write speeds are a little on the slow side but reasonable. I timed some file transfers on my computer (Dell Optiplex 380):
* For read speeds, I averaged 16.1 MB/s (ranged from 10 MB/s to 18 MB/s).
* For write speeds, I averaged 6.8 MB/s (ranged from 4 MB/s to 11 MB/s).
In general, larger files took longer to transfer than smaller files (single 300 MB file took longer to move than one hundred 3 MB files). Other users with the same device have reported an average of 17-18 MB/s read speeds and 11-12 MB/s write speeds. These are considered to be AVERAGE speeds for usb flash drives. If speed is of the essence, then look for a high speed drive that can read/write 30 MB/s or faster. If you're mostly transferring documents, photos, and other small files, then these speeds should suffice.
Another small complaint. I do not feel a 'click' when the drive is inserted fully. So I just push until it won't go in anymore or when I see that the computer has recognized the drive. A minor annoyance in an otherwise great USB drive.
I highly recommend this drive. While the speed on this device is not top notch, its performance is reliable and it comes in a great little package.
|Length: 1:06 Mins|
UPDATE 2- April 1st, 2014: I've had the DataTraveler on my keychain for over two years now.... it still works perfectly and there are absolutely no issues. I am incredibly rough with my keys (which I keep attached to my wallet and throw around constantly) and still, it keeps working. The 'average' write speeds have never been an issue for me.
STURDINESS: I thought when I ordered the Kingston DataTraveler SE9 -simply judging by the images- that it was a plastic casing, but was pleasantly surprised that it's a durable aluminum casing.
SPEED: As you can see in the video a speed test shows that the WRITE SPEED tests just under 15MB/second and the READ SPEED tests just under 20MB/second, there is nothing impressive about this speed.
Regardless of the average speed- the incredibly appealing price, sturdiness and convenience of the product (the design creates a nice built-in key-ring) makes this an impressive product and I would definitely recommend it to friends!
A review from C. Blake Davis
- Small. 39mm x 12.2mm x 4.5mm There are some flash drives that are a bit thinner at about 2.5mm, but you loose the advantage of having protected contacts.
- Tough all metal case. It could survive a lot more abuse than competing flash drives that are plastic. I have no concerns with leaving it on a keychain that gets tossed around.
- large strong metal loop for keychain or lanyard, inner diameter 8.4mm
- Decent speed, but not blazing fast: Large file writes 8MB/s, reads 17MB/s
- Cost was very competitive compared to all other 16GB drives, and less than others in this small size class.
- 5 year warranty
- open end is susceptible to dust or lint accumulation, it may need to be blown out periodically with compressed air. This is the tradeoff versus having a cap that may get lost.
- Does not fit into some machines. The mechanical tolerances are such that it will not plug into some machines without using so much force that you risk damaging the port on the computer. I've never experienced this problem with any other USB drive I've owned, and I have at least 10 different models including others from Kingston. There isn't any excuse for this and it's the reason I took off two stars - I can't use it in all "Universal" Serial Bus ports. Possibly with more insertion/removal cycles it will loosen up, but it should work fine right out of the box.
Bottom Line - if it fits the computers you need to use it with and high speed isn't a concern, it's a great little flash drive at a good price. But, if you need a drive that must work in any random computer you encounter such as at the library, this may not be the best choice.
Bought another one (this time a 32GB), and within a few months, the same thing happened. This time I snapped a picture. I cannot believe this passed quality testing. Do they just glue these chips into the case? That's pretty lame and insecure. If you buy one of these, buy some kind of cap so you don't lose the ship inside (along with your data). The speed was good and the looks were great. The actual build quality - highly lame. Sigh. Never again - have changed to a metal USB drive with a security cap t prevent something like this from happening again.
I'm Jewel with Kingston Technical Support. We apologize for the issue experienced with the DTSE9H flash drives. We stand by our products and can replace them for you under their warranty. Please call us at 1-800-435-0640 (USA and Canada only) M - F 6am - 6pm PT and I or another available Technician will assist you. Please be sure to have the part in question on hand when you call.
Thank you for selecting Kingston as your upgrade partner.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
So small and sleek, love that it fits on a keychain.Published 1 hour ago by Your friendly family NP
It's small but it holds a lot! I use this to back up family photos on my Mac and it does a beautiful job!Published 4 hours ago by Babycakes
This is a great compact flash drive. Being able to easily attach it to my car keys is a big plus. Perfect compact size. Data transfer speed is very quick too.Published 21 hours ago by Brad
This little device is a powerful one. I keep it on my keychain and I use it for school. It is very small but durable and has a classy style.Published 1 day ago by Sky Carpenter
Great design, simple and rugged. I use on my keychain so I don't misplace it. Trust Kingston quality. Transfers data beautifully. No complaints.Published 1 day ago by C. Lorenzo
Purchased this a few years ago, and it's been attached to my key ring since day one. Performs as it should with no problem. Read morePublished 1 day ago by Bob
I got three of these babies. They are really sturdy and work really well. If you are looking for multiple USB sticks for a key chain or even just one, this is the one!Published 2 days ago by Amazon Customer