5.0 out of 5 stars Lesser-known facts about SD cards
SD cards are not created equally! There is so much more to know than just the capacity.

There are many things about SD cards most people are not aware of. After having numerous problems with my cards, I thought I would share what I learned, mostly from online articles, trial and error!

There are SD cards (Secure Digital)
SDHC cards (SD high...
Published 17 months ago by beaglemom

1.0 out of 5 stars Back up your cards
One of my cards fell apart and just before I was able to back it up 100%, it failed, costing me a great deal of time and some money to recover the data which I had not been able to back up. Lesson: if the card starts to look shabby, do not push your luck. Replace it and save yourself a lot of trouble. These things will fail.
Published 26 days ago by Thomas Vincent

5.0 out of 5 stars Lesser-known facts about SD cards, June 28, 2013
This review is from: Kingston 4 GB Class 4 SDHC Flash Memory Card 2-Pack SD4/4GB-2P (Personal Computers)

There are SD cards (Secure Digital)
SDHC cards (SD high capacity)
and SDXC cards (SD extra high capacity, high performance)

Speed Class: There may be a C with a number inside the C printed on the card, (or a U with a 1 in it) - if there is no C or U on your card, it is a C2 card.
C2 is for basic data and photo use and has a slower processing speed.
C4 and C6 are acceptable for up to basic video.
C8 and C10 are high performance, fast processing speeds - and cost more.
The U1 symbol indicates fastest processing speed available, and will cost the most. For large size, HD videos.
If you are trying to use a basic SD2 card (no C rating or C2 rated) for a high quality or high speed video or large RAW photo, you may have problems with your device. The card may not be able to keep up speed-wise. These are generally older, or lowest priced cards. More information and photo examples on the speed class here: [...]

Your device will read SD cards up to the capacity it is capable of. A device with SDHC capability will be able to read basic SD cards, but might not be able to read an SDXC card, so you may think you have a defective card when you actually just have a device that does not have the capability to read it.

If your computer's SD reader or peripheral card reading device has an SD card reader and it cannot read SDHC (high capacity) or SDXC (extra high performance/capacity) it will reject or not see the card and you might think you have a defective card. Put the card in your camera or other device you are going to use it for, and then using the USB cord that came with the device, plug that into your PC. The PC will be able to read the card that way, edit it, etc.

After copying all files on the SD card to your computer, you may wish to format the card before using it again. When formatting the card, IMPORTANT: Make sure you have copied all the data you want to keep onto your hard drive, and make sure it is formatted FAT32. I kept formatting a card FAT (which was the default for this card), and the recordable capacity of the card kept getting smaller...and smaller...a 2GB card was only allowing 350, 250, 125 MB of data to be stored on it! I kept hitting a brick wall trying to copy files onto it. I kept formatting the card, thinking there was some de-frag issue or corrupted portion, and the capacity of what it would store kept diminishing - until I formatted the card FAT32. ONLY THEN was the card able to store to its true capacity. I was able to do this in Windows in Explorer - right click the drive the SD card is in, select Format, verify the Capacity (card size), verify the File System (use the pulldown menu to select FAT32 if it is not selected), and then click Start and allow the computer to remain undisturbed until the format is complete. I found a web page that covers this: [...]

There is an SD website that offers a download for proper formatting of your SD card, with downloadable instructions. I was using Windows to format my SD cards, but the SD website recommends using software that specifically formats SD cards. Here is the site: [...] Click the Downloads section.

Some older devices can only handle smaller SD cards (2 GB or smaller), so if your device cannot read a particular SD card...check your owner's manual. There is usually a limit to the size, capacity, speed, type, etc. of the cards each device can handle.

It is also possible to partition an SD card so it can be read by more devices, or separated for organization purposes. I prefer smaller SD cards when possible to avoid a huge loss if the card becomes damaged, lost, etc., but for those who have cards that are 16+ GB in size they may want to partition them. Here is a website for that:
[...]

Hope this helps!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best value in digital storage cards., October 19, 2009
This two-pack has currently got to be the best value in digital storage cards on all of Amazon, especially if you have Prime. I have yet to experience a hint of a problem with a Kingston card (pretty much the same experience I've had with Sandisk), but I've had a couple of Transcend "lemons." The only reason that Transcend cards currently appear to be outselling Kingston cards in this price range is that this Kingston card is rated as a "Class 4" SDHC card whereas the Transcend card claims to be a "Class 6" card. But "Class 4" cards are recommended by all of the memory card makers as optimal for just about any use--storing documents, visual images, movies, audio, and even high-definition video (which is not considered appropriate for a "Class 2" card). The "Class 6" card is simply touted by the makers as the "ultimate," or "premium," grade card, intended for the most fastidious professional user. However, my experiences over the past two years have suggested that Kingston is simply a more reliable product than Transcend.

So it's a trade-off: do you want the fully-equipped Taurus (with the vibrating seats) or an "entry-level" BMW?

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Quaility SDHC Cards - highly Recommended!, December 14, 2009
The kingston "4gb HDSC 2-Pack" includes two Class 4 SDHC cards that work as expected, transferring data quickly and without loss. These 4gb cards store a about 995 pictures from my 10mp Fujifilm Finepix F70EXR 10MP Super CCD Digital Camera with 10x Optical Dual Image Stabilized Zoom and 2.7 inch LCD camera and about 40 minutes of HD video in my JVC Everio GZ-HM200 Dual SD High-Def Camcorder (Black).

We have quite a few SDHC cards from various manufactures for our digigal camers, camcorders, digital picture frames, etc. While they all mostly seem to perform fairly much the same, I like to use "name brand" cards for capturing pictures and video while using the "value" cards for things like digital picture frames and MP3 players.

These 2-packs go on sale fairly often and it is possible to get a good deal on them at some of the big box and office supply stores (where I picked up mine).

Recommended!

4.0 out of 5 stars So far, so good., September 18, 2013
I was a little nervous that these were labeled as SDHC and not just SD cards. They were very inexpensive but I took a chance. I use them in my game cameras and so far they are working well. 4 GB is perfect whether doing pictures or videos for my needs and I if I buy more cameras, these will be accompanying them. The only reason it didn't get 5 stars was that they didn't include the little plastic cases to hold each chip. It probably would have cost an extra 50 cents and would have been nice to keep them in, but other than that, great.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gread Cards, April 21, 2010
J. Redmon (West Tennessee) - See all my reviews
Captures video and Photos on my Nikon S630 much better than the class 2 cards I was using.

4.0 out of 5 stars Worked great the first time, July 28, 2011
I have always relied on Kingston memory ever since I bought my first digital camera and not once did I ever have any problem. So when I saw this deal on Amazon I didnt hesitate 1 minute. When you find a great reliable product at a great price you stick to it. Its like finding an honest car repairman you dont go anywhere else.

5.0 out of 5 stars 2 for the price of 1, July 4, 2010
i was looking for media cards but as we all know the higher the space the more they cost. when i saw this item i had to get it. i have been using these cards with all my gadgets, from my go pro hero camera to my nintendo wii and my video camera. nice slim case that you can just slip in your pocket so you always have the other card close by in the even you run out of space. good buy for me so far would suggest any one who is looking for the best bang for their buck to try and get their hands on this item

5.0 out of 5 stars good sd cards, March 17, 2014
I have used these cards in the past. I think they work great! I purchased more of them, because they WORK.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for extra SD Cards for back-up storage, August 22, 2013
I got these for use on an upcoming trip to Europe. SD cards can be expensive and the largest my camera will use is a 4GB so at the price for these it will allow me to load the cards with pictures and then upload them when I return home without having to take my full-size laptop with me. Since I can review the pics on the camera and also on my much smaller 7" tablet to make sure they are good shots, it's much easier to take a bunch of these inexpensive cards, load them and just keep the cards locked as well as backed up to my PC when I get home. The quality is excellent, protective sleeves provided & you can get as many of these in your pocket/camera case/ computer case/ where ever in an extremely small space and save having to lug a laptop on your trip unless you just have to have the laptop but even then, these allow you to have 2 copies of your vacation pics & movies!

4.0 out of 5 stars Not really 4 GB, August 13, 2013
Cards work OK, but their geometry shows as having 7,626,752 sectors, which is a total of 3,904,897,024 bytes. So a full dd copy of another 4 GB reporting 7,959,552 sectors caused me some issues.