Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Kingston Mobility Kit - 4 GB microSDHC Flash Memory Card with SD and miniSD Adapters + USB Reader MBLYG2/4GB
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Recess Monkey Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

on August 17, 2010
Compact size:
This thing is tiny. The included USB reader + micro SDHC memory card are almost entirely swallowed when inserted into a USB slot. This goes everywhere with me on my keychain.

Compatibility:
I've used this on several Macs & several PCs running XP. I've had no issues, as would be expected for a standard mass storage device.

Speed:
This series of cards have been rated as Class 4 by Kingston. This means they should be able to write at least 4 MB/s (that's bytes, NOT bits). I own both the 4GB & 16GB versions, and can verify the micro SDHC card are marked as Class 4. In my very limited testing of copying a 1,677 MB file to each drive, I found them to write very close to 9 MB/s. This makes this card quite a bit faster than is advertised.
on June 9, 2010
This particular review is of the 8GB version of the Kingston Mobility kit but some of it is applicable to any of the capacities. If you find this review helpful, please click the "Yes" button at the bottom of the review. :) Thanks for reading!

I was looking for a microSDHC card for my new BlackBerry 9700 Bold. My primary usage was to shoot and store video and photos captured from my Blackberry as well as MP3 audio. I also wanted to store various other documents (word, excel, pdf, etc) on it whenever I needed and the Kingston Mobility Kit was the PERFECT SOLUTION.

The micro USB reader that is included in this kit was the biggest selling point for me. It's very small and compact compared to carrying a USB flash drive. The reader measures a mere 25mm x 12mm and is only a little over 2mm thick! Most USB flash drives/sticks are substantially bigger than that. This compact size is a blessing since I have it attached to my keychain and I put my keys in my pocket. Even if you didn't need a microSDHC card, this kit would be perfect to use as a tiny USB flash drive! I've encountered many occasions where I needed to copy a file or files from a friend or colleague and simply popped the Kingston microSDHC out of my phone and put it into the micro USB reader. Then I simply plugged the USB reader into the computer (yes, with my keys dangling) and copied the file(s). Then, when I got home, it was just a simple matter of putting the microSDHC card back into the micro USB reader and then into one of my computers (I have both a Windows PC and a Mac) and copying the file(s) onto my computer. BTW, it comes preformatted as a FAT32 partition (in layman's term, it will be able to read/write to Mac, PC, and Linux with this partition type).

The microSDHC card itself has worked flawlessly in my phone. I have never had any problems reading or writing from it. And while shooting video with my Blackberry, it's had no problem in keeping up with the demands of read/write speeds when it comes to shooting video (the video is constantly being streamed onto the card and the card's read/write access times have to keep up with the video's real-time read/write needs in order to prevent the device from prematurely stopping the video).

If you're in the market for a microSDHC card, don't hesitate to purchase the Kingston Mobility Kit. It's reliable for storing video, photos, MP3, documents, etc. and easily allows you to copy your files to and from different computers (Windows, Mac, Linux) with the included micro USB reader.
on March 23, 2011
Read speed is alright, but this card only writes at 160 Kb/sec, consistent across an iMac, a Macbook Air 11 inch and a Sony Vaio FW590. If you buy, be sure to keep the packaging.

Update: I tried several methods of formatting this card, including the one made specifically for formatting SD cards, but could not make it useful. If I put it in my Nexus One, the phone will freeze. Switching back to the previous card cures the phone's ills. I think that somehow a second quality card or a ghost run got into the retail market. Does happen.
on January 13, 2010
I purchased this, along with the SanDisk 2gb card for two pre-paid mobile phones that needed microSD to store music. It works great. No troubles yet! The company that sold the phone recommended the Sandisk over other microSD cards, but I haven't noticed a difference between this one and the Sandisk.

Note: On first install, the PC didn't read the card. I took off the back of the phone, removed and replaced the card to see if it was just a placement issue, and tried again. Worked like a champ.
on November 18, 2009
This is a MUST HAVE if you are a tech junky or if you just need a quick, massive, diverse and reliable data storage. Just insert the Micro DS in the "Mini" jacket, or the "Standard" DS jacket, or the Flash (Pen) drive case, and you are free to use 8Gb of storage in a Cell phone, a laptop, a notebook and a desktop. JUST TOTAL FREEDOM everywhere you are.
on May 26, 2011
Much like Scott's, my little Kingston 16GB micro-SDHC simply stopped working not long after I could no longer return it to Amazon.

I tried it in various adapters and in different PCs with different SD readers and it failed in each of them, including an MP3 player.

Fortunately (I hope), I can still RMA it with Kingston under warranty.
I ordered this set mainly because it was the best deal I could find when I wanted to upgrade my 4 GB microSD to 8GB in order to fit a bigger library of music and podcasts on my semi-smart phone, a Nokia E63, which is now my primary MP3 player.

I am happy with the new microSD card, it is serving its purpose well. Transfer speeds while synching are good, and I have experienced no unhappy issues.

But what I did not imagine was the significance of the USB card reader. This has, for me, made the converter to full SD card obsolete, which is great because my previous experience with these converters has been sketchy. It can be hard to get the contacts to work correctly in my experience, leading to a lack of reliability.

I have used the SD converter that came with this package and it has worked well in the limited testing I gave it, but I am now using the USB exclusively. I don't have any devices that take miniSD cards, so I can't speak to that one.

Enthusiastically recommended for the USB reader, which turns the microSD card into a flash drive while also allowing all normal synching transactions.
on May 29, 2011
This is a really good deal. If I have something negative to say is that the usb adapter could be better... is so thin that sometimes you can find yourself forcing it the wrong way into the usb port. But if you can get use to this than this is a 5 star product.
on December 18, 2012
This tiny thing redefines quality. I bought this almost two years ago; I have to tell that I almost used it every day everywhere, and still kicking like the first day I got it out of the package. I used the micro SDHC Class 4 by Kingston on my smart phone, tablet, TV, and computers and now it rest in my car with the USB reader. Currently, I use it every day on the car to play my audio books and my music via USB port.
I have bought many flash memory, few have survived 12 moths with me, but this one have gone farther than any flash memory have gone. Highly recommend it.
on July 2, 2013
This little drive is almost perfect. The only thing that I wish they would have thought of was to make sure that the Micro SD would slide further into the unit so you could put a small metal ring through the hole instead of the string. The way they designed it the only way you can hook anything to this is the original coupler and it's almost a inch long. The Micro SD card covers the original hole that you would put any ring onto. The picture is deceiving as it shows the hole without the micro SD card installed. I would trust my info to a metal ring more than a plastic core string holder. Other than that the thing is very nice and works perfect.

UPDATE 9-9-13: Still working perfect. I keep this clipped inside my wallet and so I don't have to worry so much about it getting banged around. Much better than my other adapter. Would buy again.