4.0 out of 5 stars wrong item model number in description
Everything else in the description is correct except the model number (currently listed as KTA-MB1066K2/4G). If you look up that model number on the Kingston website you will get a completely different product than described. The correct model number is KTA-MP1066K4/16G which is for the Mac Pro.
Published on September 30, 2010 by vfhr5

3.0 out of 5 stars Kingston 16 GB Kit
I think it wound be alright but the ones sent out did not work so I had to send them back.
Published 19 months ago by James Baker

4.0 out of 5 stars wrong item model number in description, September 30, 2010
This review is from: Kingston 16 GB Kit (4 x 4 GB Modules) 1066MHz DDR3 DIMM Desktop Memory With Thermal Sensor For Select Mac Pro's KTA-MP1066K4/16G (Personal Computers)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Memory Upgrade for Mac Pro, April 19, 2012
Em (The Florida Keys) - See all my reviews
I ordered the 16 GB Kingston RAM for my new Apple Mac Pro MC560LL/A. Sadly the Quad Core Mac Pro only comes with 3 GB RAM from Apple, which is a sin given the $2499 price. Additionally, a lot of programs are requiring 4 GB RAM (Photoshop CS5 for one), so a RAM upgrade is a necessity.

I consider Kingston, Crucial and Viking as good as Apple's own RAM. Amazon's cost for the Kingston 16 GB RAM was $147. Apple's 16 GB RAM was $750!?! The memory install was easy, taking less than 2 minutes.

I highly recommend this as your first 'accessory' purchase for a Mac Pro.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great in my Early 2009 Mac Pro, May 5, 2012
I used these to boost my Early 2009 2 x 2.26 GHz Quad-Core MacPro's memory up from 8GB to 24GB. It was easy to install without any problems and buying from Amazon/Kingston was much cheaper than going through Apple.

5.0 out of 5 stars You can never have too much memory, January 2, 2013
Memory was easy to install and the price was right. You can never have too much memory as long as your system can handle it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Memory Is Now Cheap, December 20, 2012
16 Gigs of Mac Pro memory for this price plus or minus is insane. I thought it had to be a misprint. Kingston builds a great product. It is easy to install and with two of these kits my 8 core mac pro is now sporting 32 gigs of RAM. A far cry from the day when my Macintosh 512e had 512k of RAM. Anyway the machine really hums now and this was just and awesome deal as you'll know if you have followed memory prices at all.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what is supposed to do, November 27, 2012
Installation is a snap on a Mac Pro.
Works great and does what is supposed to do.
Got an excellent at Amazon.com

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Memory at a Great Price!, October 19, 2012
I recently purchased memory for my older Power Mac G5 thinking that was the reason it was not booting up. It turned out to be the motherboard had gone bad, and those 6GB cost me MORE than this 16GB upgrade from Kingston! These I bought for the new Mac Pro I got to replace the G5. So far no complaints -- they work well and I've had no memory errors like I used to get when using my Mac intensively in Photoshop with lots of other programs open. Perhaps because this is ECC memory. I'm very pleased with this product and the savings over comparable OEM Apple memory.

UPDATE (09/27/2013): This memory has been working great in my Mac Pro for about a year. No complaints! To be clear, they are 1066mhz, DDR3, 240 pin, dual channel DIMMs that are unbuffered and ECC.

~ Kort

5.0 out of 5 stars No problems., November 3, 2013
Worked perfectly in my Mac Pro. Make sure you have a compatible machine.
Having 16GB RAM makes a huge difference for multitasking!

5.0 out of 5 stars works great on my 2009 Mac Pro, June 15, 2013
I've had this memory for a few months, and it works without issues on my 2009 Mac Pro. It's definitely reduced the amount of disk swapping.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Memory, April 26, 2013
Dartanyon (In the library) - See all my reviews
Whenever I buy add-on memory, I usually go with Kingston. They are a brand I trust and I feel that I get a good value. No issues with performance.

Rate and Discover Movies