5.0 out of 5 stars Great buy!
I bought these as I was maxing out my 2x4GB sticks and only have 2 slots on my mother board. They were extremely easy to install, and I've been running them now for about a month and they have been working well. These were recommended to me by a "computer nerd" that owns his own computer upgrade/fix it shop. He said it is the only brand he runs. Overall, very happy!
Published 23 months ago by Travis

The manufacturer commented on the review below
3.0 out of 5 stars Good price, but BE CAREFUL!
Published 16 months ago by John Neal

5.0 out of 5 stars Great buy!, September 25, 2012
This review is from: Kingston HyperX Blu 16GB Kit (2x8 GB Modules) 1600MHz 240-pin DDR3 Non-ECC CL10 Desktop Memory KHX1600C10D3B1K2/16G (Personal Computers)

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome product, October 22, 2012
No issues nice speed and great amount of RAM for my PC. I was happy it arrived fast and installed it in seconds.

The manufacturer commented on the review belowSee comments
3.0 out of 5 stars Good price, but BE CAREFUL!, April 9, 2013
John Neal "Screaming Slave" (Philadelphia, PA United States) - See all my reviews
I purchased this kit off of Amazon after spotting it on Newegg. It had a ton of positive reviews, which I've always put a lot of stock in, and the price seemed right. I put them in my brand new gaming desktop to expand my system RAM up to 32G and after a few days - endless BSOD. They typically pointed to Memory_Management, but weren't limited to just that. After weeks of troubleshooting and resource I pinned it down to a possible issue with the physical sticks of RAM I had installed. I ran memtest86 for several days, starting with the RAM I had originally in my system and testing one stick at a time (I currently have 6 of my 8 DIMMS filled) and low and behold the problem was with these new sticks! I'm talking 60,000+ errors in test 7, 80,000+ errors in test 8! I went back to Newegg and noticed a number of customers with the same exact issue as me. It seems this particular kit is prone to issues out the box, but once you get a working set they are good to go. I requested a replacement (which was very prompt) and have had no issues since (knock on wood). I definitely made sure I ran memtest86 immediately after installing the replacement set to make sure everything was good. So just be sure, if you do buy these, to test them thoroughly before you settle in and start using them, otherwise you may end up in a BSOD nightmare like I did.

stem
The manufacturer commented on this review(What's this?)
Posted on Apr 10, 2013 9:36:29 AM PDT
Hi John,
I'm Jewel with Kingston Technical Support. We apologize for the issue you experienced with this memory. We stand by our products and are here to help. If you have any further issues with your replacement, please call us at 1-800-435-0640 (USA and Canada only) M - F 6am - 6pm PT and I or another available Technician will assist you. Please be sure to have the part in question on hand when you call.

Thank you for selecting Kingston as your upgrade partner.

5.0 out of 5 stars cerwin2, December 6, 2012
It is fantastic memory. IT is fast and it was pretty affordable. It came very quickly sealed and completely functional. It works great and My computer can handle anything I throw at it.

5.0 out of 5 stars fast 5star memory...win7 7.9/7.9score, December 8, 2012
jam (south carolina) - See all my reviews
mini itx assembly 101 for all but graphic perfection...
[125]motherboard=intel dh77dx
[290]cpu=intel 5770 4core 3.4ghz...this processor will run 2mp[1080p]video stream w/o a graphic card...
more than adequit for movies and such...
if you need performance for games or 3d modeling then add a graphics card to your wallets limit
[70]mem=kingston hyper blue 16gb as listed...
[145]ssd=samsung 840pro 128gb
[635]total build cost[no gpu...excludes psu and case cost]
win7 scores out of 7.9max cpu=7.7...mem=7.9...gpu=6.5
if a perfect win7score isnt enough...they are nicely machine finiished and match the motherboard too

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great for ASRock Z77, November 30, 2012
Was listed as a manufacturer approved part for my ASRock Z77 Pro4 M. Works at advertised speeds well below rated voltage.

5.0 out of 5 stars Kingston HyperX is Awesome!, September 18, 2012
I bought this set to upgrade my memory on my HP computer. The units are slick looking and installed very easy. Windows 7 had no problem with the memory installation. Did I say its fast :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Top Performance with Great Savings, October 25, 2013
ms-waterloo (Waterloo, Illinois) - See all my reviews
Six months ago, I purchased two new Dell T3600 workstations primarily for use with AutoCAD, MS Office, Adobe Creative Suite, and SketchUp. It seems that memory upgrades from the manufacturer are always more than double what it costs to buy top rate components like this that I can easily install myself.

I know some of you will say that only an idiot would buy a workstation instead of building it yourself. Others will say that only an idiot would put aftermarket RAM into a new workstation. I don't have time to build a new workstation every 6 months (that is about how often we need to replace a workstation to keep things in cycle)and I appreciate that an off-the-shelf has Autodesk and Adobe certification...you don't know how nice it is until your software dealer's tech support staff tries to blame problems on your non-certified hardware. Additionally, I am still cheap enough to figure I would rather pay myself over $200 for 10 minutes of work to install this RAM than to pay Dell the same to do it for me.

Now to the subject RAM...it works great, makes my applications run smooth, and makes me forget that it is even there. In my opinion, that is the sign of good reliable hardware...it works so well that you forgot it is there.

After getting memory specs from Dell's website, I visited Kingston's website and confirmed that I was ordering the right stuff. Amazon delivered the product quickly at a great price and the memory has been working flawlessly ever since.

3.0 out of 5 stars Received one stick that was DOA, May 9, 2013
Purchased this set of memory modules for my new pc build. Was able to finish the build tonight but discovered that one of the sticks was not working. When I completed the build, it wouldn't post so I unplugged each component piece by piece and finally made it down to the memory. Took one of the sticks out, computer booted up just fine to the bios. Put the other stick back in a different DIMM slot and had the same problem as before. Left that one in and took out the other memory stick, didn't fix anything. Put back in the other stick by itself and turned the power on and booted right up. Kind of disappointing to pay over $100 on memory to have this happen. Contacted Kingston because it should still be under warranty so am running 8 gb, not even at 1600 MHz, right now until they hopefully issue me an RMA.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to install. RAM runs at the right speed in Dell XPS 8500, December 28, 2012
Just received the Ram today and the install was super simple. Took a total of 10 minutes with disconnecting computer and connecting everything back up. Ram snapped in easily and the computer is now running with 24 gb of Ram. Don't know if the computer will ever need that much power, but it was inexpensive so why not.

Update: After running memory speed tests on the computer the new Ram is indeed running at a slower clock speed. The Bios shows 1600 mhz, but speed tests show 1333 mhz for the two Kingston sticks. No big deal. Still very fast in the XPS 8500.

Rate and Discover Movies