Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Kingston Technology HyperX 16 GB Kit (4x4 GB Modules) 16 Quad Channel Kit 1600 (PC3 12800) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM KHX1600C9D3K4/16GX
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Jake Owen Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on February 1, 2012
Kingston HyperX is a solid product. No questions asked.
But, if you want to get a 100% from them, look it up on Kingston website first ([...]) to make sure it has been tested on your board. In my case, it wont work at 1600 Mhz as supposed because my Intel DP67BG is not listed as compatible. Now, I have to live with just 1333 Mhz. Not what I paid for but probably my fault.
Hope this review helps people make a better decision.
1313 comments| 56 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 4, 2011
Excellent choice for Gamers and builder who wants a stable Windows 7 64-bit PC systems. I played Crysis 2 and the game is very smooth as I am using Radeon HD 6950 2GB and together with this Kingston HyperX 8GB Kit. When not playing games, I do my system laboratory using VMWare Workstation 7 and running 5 virtual machines on top my Windows 7. I run Citrix laboratory using VM's and my virtual lab is very fast.
88 comments| 23 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 13, 2012
I build my own system every few years. This always involves buying at least three things simultaneously- a new motherboard, a new CPU and new RAM because all three of these things have to "match" in terms of the current technology. This is not true of other components- you can keep your power supply and your case and your hard drives -even your graphics card- for instance, but these three function as a unit.

I had gotten into thinking a lot about my CPU and MB and treating RAM as commodity. I know that to over-clockers and component wonks and people who have to have the latest technology this is unthinkable but from my POV I figured that since I am not a gamer, as long as I had enough RAM of the right type- and I need a lot for programming- the exact details and the specific maker were not important to me the way my CPU or MB or disk drive speed and size were.

So I built my system and *one day* not very long after, I start to get very weird errors with crashes. Ultimately I discovered that the RAM I bought failed, as in had begun to malfunction. Now, it's a long painful way from having your system crash, at first infrequently and then often enough to be forced to stop hoping it will go away to suspecting your RAM as the culprit. Along that long unhappy road lies *just about every other combination of interactions between various possibly malfunctioning parts of your computer including software, driver, antivirus, OS, disk drive motherboard and all your motherboard components etc etc etc. Yeah.. that was a long road involving just the crappiest, most avoidant, non-native speaker, new-representative-each-time customer service you can imagine at the end of which lay exactly zero help.

So after I understood it was the RAM, I decided to go for quality in the RAM department on my replacement purchase and bought this Kingston HyperX Ram because it comes with a lifetime guarantee and because if you read what professional reviewers and enthusiasts have to say, it's wicked fast and super high quality.

Fast forwards a while and I still have the same system because it's working just fine for me. My computer starts to behave badly again. Of course my mind immediately suspects the RAM. So I called Kingston and got a real live representative from my home country who walked me through the process of testing the RAM with software called Memtest86 during which time we established it was not their RAM after all. That's a good thing, but the better thing was the gracious, prompt, non-evasive, attentive customer service representative who kept with me through the entire process following up in email etc. As if I wasn't just another one of their millions of customers who bought one of their many products, which is what I am. My doctor isn't that nice to me.

Maybe they have such great support as a publicity stunt / loss leader to get people talking about how great they are. Maybe they build the cost of their gold-plated customer service into their product. Maybe they fab such high quality RAM that their customer service reps sit around all day like the Maytag repair man wishing the phone would ring to save them from doing another Suduko puzzle. Whatever it is, it works.

I highly recommend both this RAM and Kingston generally for all your memory needs and me, a non-component-geek is actually brand loyal to something I didn't think I would ever bother even distinguishing in the market RAM. Who knew?
on March 29, 2012
Not sure if anyone has said this before but it is fast memory, however, you must go into your bios and select 1600MHZ so you can benefit from the speed this stuff can put out. Great buy recommended for low profile ram, especially those who have huge cpu fans, this will probably fit even if the cpu fan hangs over, mine does with a 212 Cooler Master.
on July 3, 2011
Built an AMD X6, with Asus MB. The two 4GB sticks working fine at the advertised speed. AMD bus is 800Mhz, with x4 CPU multiplier and RAM at 1600Mhz (which is x2 multiplier). The system is matched and optimized this speeds.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon January 21, 2014
I got this as part of a budget build that I was doing. My Kingston memory went into an ASUS B85M-G motherboard with no issues, along with a Intel I5-4430 CPU.

I added the EVGA GeForce GTX 650 1024MB GDDR5 DVI mHDMI Graphics Card 01G-P4-2650-KR along with a Seagate Barracuda 3 TB HDD SATA 6 hard drive. After connecting all the cables and turning on the machine, I had no issues with compatibility or hardware problems. I am using Windows 7 Home premium as the OS.

The most important thing to remember with this memory is to make sure that your motherboard and memory are compatible. Check the manufacturer's websites for compatibility.

This memory is fast and works well. I have owned Kingston brand memory in another machine that is currently 6 plus years old with no issues. Not that I would worry as this memory has a lifetime warranty.
on December 15, 2012
Works fine so far. Amazon should have specified that the default XMP profile of this memory runs at 1600 MHz/1.65 V, because it's cheap. Had I known that beforehand I would have gone for a 1600 MHz/1.5 V memory. So for this memory, in BIOS, you can either enable XMP to automatically change the frequency to 1600 MHz and voltage to 1.65 V (1333 MHz/1.5 V for XMP disabled), or you can do a manual overclock (1600 MHz), and I increased the voltage to only 1.55 V. 1.5 V/1600 MHz probably would work as well, but Kingston only tested this product at 1600 MHz/1.65 V because, again, it's cheap. Something to note is that with XMP enabled (1600 MHz/1.65 V), WEI memory gets a 7.9, but with manual (1600 MHz/1.55 V), WEI actually drops to 7.8, which is quite surprising. IBT and p95 works both fine without crashing.

12/26/12 update
I found out why the WEI dropped to 7.8. By changing to the default 1333MHz profile (1333MHz, 9-9-9-27, 1.5V) and manually increase the frequency to 1600 MHz, voltage to 1.55V, and the timings to auto, the timings got to 9-11-11-29! (WTF?) So no wonder even WEI recognize it as being slower than XMP 1600 MHz, 9-9-9-27, 1.65V). That being said, even though the system seems to be stable according to p95 and IBT, games like crysis crashes frequently (quit to desktop, not BSOD though). I am suspecting either I did something wrong with the CPU OC or the memory. Will try to figure out.

Meanwhile, as I read more and more, I am just getting increasingly angry at those memory sticks. I mean who makes 1600 MHz/1.65V memory nowadays? Even though it's debated whether 1.65V will damage the ivy bridge chipset, why can't Kingston make 1600MHz/1.5V memory recommended by Intel? The competitors like G.SKill or Corsair all make 1600MHz/1.5V memory at the same price. I bought Kingston because I thought Kingston HyperX is a good brand, and this is what I get!

I am inclined to take off another star, but I'll see if 1600 MHz/9-9-9-27/24 at 1.5 V is stable, or try to lower the timing from 1333MHz. It's still annoying though....
44 comments| 5 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 26, 2015
First used in an 8 bay NAS and now running a CAP 4 Server - no issues. Coupled with a Rampege gene III and Intel 4770K processor in the CAP4 Server it works very well. CAP4 server struggles a bit i.e. long buffering when playing multichannel DSDs when they are not on local HDD but that may be an issue with the network. However, I feel problem may disappear if I double memory to 16. However, the above combo plays everything including 3d movies with absolutely no stutter.
on March 18, 2015
Something's wrong with these. The first pair had red stickers and the second had green. I bought the second pair because one of the first pair failed. Three or four months later the other of the first pair failed as well. The second pair with the green stickers seem to be holding strong. Even if they keep working, I won't be getting any more. Two DIMMs that last less than six and twelve months respectively aren't satisfactory.
on August 17, 2014
I specifically chose the Genesis ram, because it is rated as a gamers ram and I wanted better performance. Well...it delivers! I was having trouble with my game freezing and I suspected a bad ram module (borderline), so I purchased these to replace...voila! problem solved! Kingston gives a breakdown of their ram specs and recommends in accordance with your needs - GREAT chart! Amazon is now offering a comparison chart to help the customer make an informed choice from one page - ANOTHER great chart. I am completely delighted with the accuracy of their forecast and it instills confidence in buying ram with expected results met! I do love those charts.