- Brand Name: Kingston
- Model Number: DTI/1GB
- Memory Storage Capacity: 1024 MB
- Form Factor: Flash drive
Kingston Data Traveler 1 GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive DTI/1GB
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Ideal for home office, small business, schools and promotions
- Works with virtually any device with a USB port
- PC and Mac compatible
- 1 GB capacity lets you store almost any kind of document
- Backed by a five-year warranty
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
The important thing about this, compatability issues aside, is the fact that this thing is FAST! It transfers substantial files very quickly! Love it.
Overall, a good investment. In the local WalMart I saw 512Mb drives for $26-something. The price is right.
The things that set them apart from the other flash drives I looked at are: I trust the Kingston name and it has a 5 year warrenty. I don't know why the other person suggested to get the extra warrenty when his broke after 6 months.
0. It works, and it works quickly!
1. Good price even without a rebate
2. 5 year warrenty
3. Hole for Lanyard/keychain is on the drive and not the cap (I hate the thought of looking down at my keys and seeing a cap only! Why do some other companies put the hole on the cap only???)
4. Plastic, but doesn't feel as cheap as the PNY one I already own.
5. Cap fits snug and secure
1. You call that inch and a half long thing a lanyard?
2. I do like it when there's a hole on the cap and the drive so that you don't loose either. The cap is nice and snug so I'm not worried about it falling out, I just don't want to search for it when I'm done using the drive!
As you can see, I had to stretch for complaints.
I've found that this drive really hits the right balance of size and cost. It is big enough to do most jobs, and it is small enough that if you had to replace it, it would not be a big deal. I often use it to move Powerpoint presentations from one computer to another, or to transfer music or video.
Haven't used one before? You pull off the cap and plug the drive directly into your computer's USB port. (You don't need any software or drivers to preload - just plug it in to any computer.) When it is plugged in the computer automatically recognizes it as a new drive right on your desktop. I.e. Go to your "My Computer" section and it now shows up as a new drive. You then treat it like you would any other drive -you can just drag and drop files to it.
One final note: the place where a line attaches is on the drive body itself, and not the cap. This is good because if you attach it to something it won't slide out of the cap leaving you with an empty cap tied to your neck (or keychain) with no drive...
And finally, I think this is a great present for non-techies. My parents have finally become converts and they use this all the time.
This may not be the cheapest flash-drive around, but with cheaper ones you get what you pay for. My Lexar and PNY drives are dead now. This one is still going strong. It has a rugged simple design that grows on you. It doesn't try to be to clever (aka Memorex U3 drives).
-Mac and PC compatible
-Reliable brand (Kingston)
-Cap comes on kind of frequent
-Not too stylish
-Not as good as Sandisk
-Must have Windows 2000/XP or MacOS9 or higher (not good for those old school users)
BOTTOM LINE: It could be faster, better, have more caps, and a lanyard. But if you have a somewhat new computer, this is a great deal.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Just what you'd expect from a USB drive. Not too big, nice average size. I've owned it for a couple years now and its still working great. Read morePublished 2 months ago by Julie I. Pregosin
I got this flash drive as a gift in 2006, and have used it steadily (mostly just for documents and stuff) since then. After almost 10 years, it is still going strong. Read morePublished 6 months ago by sonofillfate
I have been using this flash drive since 2007. Not once has it failed me.Published 7 months ago by jade b flowers