Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

on July 7, 2013
Don't believe the negative reviews as they are dated & it appears the seller sent the wrong RAM to the buyers.
I received two KVR400/1GR 1GB per stick.

I replaced a 250mb stick with these modules & literally woke up a new but extremely dated emachine with XP SP3. Installed easily w/o updating BIOS.

Remember,you'll pay twice as much if you believe the negative reviews.

on March 28, 2014
I purchased 2 matched sets of this product relying on the Kingston brand name. One set arrived with a puncture wound through the anti static bag. Since there was no matching puncture wound in the bubble envelope outer shipping bag the damage was not the fault of shipping.I inserted the matched set and the computer would not boot up and the cpu alarm sounded continuously signalling defective memory. I returned this set to Amazon, and thanks to their consumer centric policy they will issue a credit upon receipt of the product back. I then inserted the second matched pair and the computer booted up but was unstable and would reboot indiscriminately when in use. I reinserted the old Hynix memory and the computer booted up and performed perfectly. I examined the second set of memory under high magnification and immediately noticed that the contact pins were discolored and some exhibited corrosion of the kind you would see on weathered brass. There also was dirt and scratches leading me to believe that the memory sticks were not new and were perhaps salvaged. Since I am not the only reviewer to have similar suspicions when purchasing memory from this supplier I would not purchase from this supplier again. I thank Amazon for their return policy and have the highest respect for their integrity in dealing with customers. I hope they will take this matter up with the Seller..
on July 1, 2014
I believe this memory was incompatible with my pony memory and I returned it. I'm not sure as I don't remember. I do know, I no longer have it and have replaced several important components; board; hard drives memories etc. However, if I ordered it and sent it back? It was because of compatibility problems as I have never had a problem with Kingston Value RAM memory in the past and it was the only memory I previously used. It could have been with the different board and my old pony memory.
on February 16, 2013
Order this for a Desktop Repair however after spending a few unnecessary hours trying to troubleshoot software issues, it turns out one of the two sticks of RAM I received was bad. Let us skip ahead and ignore the many hours where I should have known better that all my fault issues in Event Viewer was telling me RAM was my issue. We'll go right down to the RMA claim.

I think the RMA claim was handled excellent, at least for me I can say where it cost my business time and delay to a customer, I was refunded my money, and A memory stick replacement was sent. I should rate, this purchase worse, but I really only lost out on some time, and had to explain to a customer we only got Half the job done.
on June 12, 2014
I am very pleased with this purchase as it enabled me to convert my old xp desktop to a Linux Mint operating system. Linux Mint required slightly more memory to work in a decent manner than did windows xp. This was a very affordable solution that will prolong the usefulness of my desktop by several years.
on January 16, 2013
This is not so much a product review as the product service after an exchange. This is more a review of the service afforded by the vendor. They really know what memory you need and will trouble shoot you to ensure it works, be sure to do your homework, before you order!

I had a defective SIMM, they helped me through the trouble shooting process in a timely and effective manner. I highly recommend 1 Arch Computer. They stand behind the products they sell, are knowledgeable about what works with your computer, and are extremely responsive to issues. Can't rate higher than a 5 but I would.
on December 3, 2013
I LIKE THIS RAM BUT IT`S NOT ENOUGH TO RUN IN THAT COMPUTER I MIGHT BUILD. BUT GOOD ENOUGH FOR A CHILD TO DO HOME WORK ON WE WILL SEE . OK I`LL HAVE TO WAITE ON THE OTHER ORDERS HAVEN`T SEEN THEN YET BUT THEY LOOK GOOG WILL LET YOU KNOW
on May 9, 2014
I've been buying kingston for years. Whenever I have multiple options, as long as kingston is remotely similar in price, I always go kingston. They have yet to let me down in probably 50 different applications?
on April 28, 2015
I received exactly what was advertised, hard-to-find Compaq memory, plugged right in and has worked like a dream, with no memory crashes, and passed all of my rigorous testing regimen prior to being put to production use. Shipped very quickly, packaged well. Outstanding.
on February 16, 2012
Memory is one of those things that it either works/ is reliable...or it doesn't and it's unreliable. Upon unpacking it, installing it and booting up..all went smooth. It's been running for a while with no issues. I do no expect any. I am satisfied with the product, the value and the vendor. When my next memory purchase presents itself, I will seek this vendor and this brand of memory first. I am very satisfied.