Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS

VINE VOICEon May 31, 2012
I thought installing RAM would just confuse/frustrate me. I was afraid I'd break something or it just wouldn't work. Fact of the matter is, anyone with a tiny screwdriver can install RAM. You needn't be a computer whiz. It's surprisingly easy to install on my Asus.

No drivers
No calibrating
No 'joining an online community'
No programs to download
No lessons
No registering
No research needed
No long manuals to read
No 'finding the RAM' when you power-up
Just plug it in & it works.

Remove battery, unscrew the bottom, slide it in, put it all back together, power-up. -Instant RAM. Accessible & ready to go. If you want a short, visual tutorial, do a YouTube search for - installing RAM.

Once installed on my Asus, I right-clicked on 'My Computer,' clicked 'properties'. The system indicated that I now had 8gb RAM, however, I needed to click the refresh link provided. Voila.

If you're really clueless about computers, I'll tell you that this will not increase speed on the Internet. That has to do w/your Internet connection speed. The speed of your processor determines how quickly javascript loads on a web page. However, opening programs, maintaining speed, switching between programs, editing videos, running multiple programs, etc will all be improved.

There's nothing to be scared of. You won't break anything. ;-)

The easiest, most affordable way to upgrade a computer & extend its lifespan.
0Comment46 of 48 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 28, 2011
I got two of these to upgrade my new MBP '11 to 8GB of RAM. This option only cost $88 and therefore, was a much better deal than the $400 from Apple. Great deal, works just as good as Apple's RAM, and installation was simple. Remember, you need a #00 Phillips Screwdriver to open up the MBP.
22 comments28 of 30 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 12, 2011
Bought this for my Acer Apsire One 722. I'm noticing the extra speed instantly. This is good for its price and I feel like I now have a healthier computer that's going to last me longer.
22 comments19 of 21 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 5, 2011
Does what it needs to do. Installing into a Mac mini was easy. An upgrade from 2 gigs to 8 gigs was totally worth it! I did notice if I did a similar upgrade with any Windows based computer it would improve greatly. Improving a Macintosh based computer from 2 to 8 gigs doesn't get you too far ahead, but it is noticeable enough to be worth it.
on February 8, 2012
I've been using this for about two months now in my Lenovo Thinkpad T520. It works perfectly.

It's usually less expensive to buy a laptop with the least amount of memory in it, then install your own compatible memory. I've always reduced my laptop costs by doing this and never had any problems with Kingston ValueRAM.
on July 3, 2012
Kingston makes a great product. I am going to be doing a lot of High Definition editing, so I needed extra RAM. There were a few You Tube tutorials out there. I specifically looked up my Toshiba Satellite and it was super easy to install...NOTE/word to to the wise...you have to install each card AT ABOUT A 30 DEGREE ANGLE...pops right in...DO NOT FORCE IT. Then...I restarted and BOOM...I am up to 6 Gigs of RAM now...and going to get a new one soon to make it 8. Runs silky smooth now, but this HD editing...massive files...massive work loads. Seems to stay right with me every step of the way. Manufacturer got it to me QUICK...and I am thankful.

****UPDATE: I encountered a small problem with the 2nd card I purchased, but read on...(4 Gig...same exact one). No matter what slot I placed it in...it did not work for some reason. So I returned it. Within 2 days...I got my replacement and all I had to do was mail the defective one back. NOW THAT IS OUTSTANDING SERVICE. There were no questions or discussions...no hoops to jump through...KINGSTON made it right FAST. I just installed the replacement card and it works PERFECTLY. Now that is service. You would NOT even believe the hell I went through when I bought a dual alternator from Mean Green. It was the WRONG part...they REFUSED TO LISTEN...TOOK THEIR TIME AND TREATED ME LIKE CRAP. It took 5 weeks to resolve with these clowns. They put me through hell instead of making it RIGHT...like Kingston!!

So...HOORAY FOR KINGSTON...THAT IS WHY THESE GUYS HAVE GREAT REVIEWS...THANK YOU FOR OUTSTANDING SERVICE. OTHER VENDORS SHOULD FOLLOW THEIR LEAD. Make it right quickly and seamlessly...without discussion. Great work, Kingston. I will be a return customer in the future for certain.
on March 6, 2012
I bought this to upgrade a new Asus laptop with an Intel i5 processor and 4gb of RAM. It takes about 10 minutes to install and when I turned my computer back on, it had 8gb of RAM. It runs very fast and nicely handles multiple tasks without slowing down. For $20 it's a great thing to do for yourself. Don't be scared by the task if you've never done this before. You can easily find online videos that show you exactly how to install it.
22 comments5 of 6 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 30, 2011
I read somewhere that Kingstone's RAM are good for the Toshiba laptops, so I bought this one for my Satellite A665 and it worked like a charm.
review image
0Comment10 of 13 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 23, 2011
Got this as a upgrade to the two 2 gig sticks that came stock with MacBook pro. Easy installation and works flawlessly. Lion is blazing fast, and ultra responsive. Great price, great product.
on August 6, 2011
This Kingston ram work fine with Apple iMac 27" installed in less the 5 minutes and up and running in 3min it check out fine