5.0 out of 5 stars Asus Laptop: Non-Techie's Review
I thought installing RAM would just confuse/frustrate me. I was afraid I'd break something or it just wouldn't work. Fact of the matter is, anyone with a tiny screwdriver can install RAM. You needn't be a computer whiz. It's surprisingly easy to install on my Asus.

No drivers
No calibrating
No 'joining an online community'
No programs to...
Published on May 31, 2012 by E. Brown

3.0 out of 5 stars decent-not the best tho
good for a budget build, but theres better out there for a little more.
NOT fast enough for a gaming machine .
Cheap ram at a Cheap price {you get what you pay for}
Published 17 months ago by Chris Swiontek

‹ Previous | 1 2 327 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars I used to have a crappy lappy!, September 7, 2012
John Foote (Clayton, NC United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kingston ValueRam 4GB PC3-10600 CL9 204-Pin SODIMM Notebook Memory KVR1333D3S9/4G (Personal Computers)
I used to have a crappy lappy
Three gigs of ram was all that was had by the sappy
Then I upgraded to eight gigs of Kingston and it made it super snappy!
Now have I have a happy lappy!

Don't like hourglasses? Put in as much RAM as you can and it will go away (ok, not all the way away but more away than if you didn't).

Hardest thing about the install was finding the tiny screwdriver so you should probably order one when you order the ram.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy install RAM, July 3, 2012
Kingston makes a great product. I am going to be doing a lot of High Definition editing, so I needed extra RAM. There were a few You Tube tutorials out there. I specifically looked up my Toshiba Satellite and it was super easy to install...NOTE/word to to the wise...you have to install each card AT ABOUT A 30 DEGREE ANGLE...pops right in...DO NOT FORCE IT. Then...I restarted and BOOM...I am up to 6 Gigs of RAM now...and going to get a new one soon to make it 8. Runs silky smooth now, but this HD editing...massive files...massive work loads. Seems to stay right with me every step of the way. Manufacturer got it to me QUICK...and I am thankful.

****UPDATE: I encountered a small problem with the 2nd card I purchased, but read on...(4 Gig...same exact one). No matter what slot I placed it in...it did not work for some reason. So I returned it. Within 2 days...I got my replacement and all I had to do was mail the defective one back. NOW THAT IS OUTSTANDING SERVICE. There were no questions or discussions...no hoops to jump through...KINGSTON made it right FAST. I just installed the replacement card and it works PERFECTLY. Now that is service. You would NOT even believe the hell I went through when I bought a dual alternator from Mean Green. It was the WRONG part...they REFUSED TO LISTEN...TOOK THEIR TIME AND TREATED ME LIKE CRAP. It took 5 weeks to resolve with these clowns. They put me through hell instead of making it RIGHT...like Kingston!!

So...HOORAY FOR KINGSTON...THAT IS WHY THESE GUYS HAVE GREAT REVIEWS...THANK YOU FOR OUTSTANDING SERVICE. OTHER VENDORS SHOULD FOLLOW THEIR LEAD. Make it right quickly and seamlessly...without discussion. Great work, Kingston. I will be a return customer in the future for certain.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dirt cheap, works like a charm!, November 7, 2011
I needed more memory on my Lenovo Thinkpad T420 because I was constantly hitting the bottleneck on the existing 4 GB due to heavy use of Photoshop and Lightroom. The price for this memory was irresistibly low and that too for Kingston, the most trusted of memories!! Newegg.com was also offering at the same price but somehow I felt more comfortable with Amazon Prime shipping and their return policy.

I installed this memory on my Lenovo Thinkpad T420 and there were no problems during the installation. Windows recognizes it and happily reports the increased memory. I also reevaluated Windows Experience Index and it increased from 4.7 to 5.8

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value and great way to improve performance, September 24, 2011
Jeff Hester (Los Angeles, CA USA) - See all my reviews
Upgraded my 13" 2011 MacBook Pro to 8GB using this. The most difficult part was finding a 00 philips head screwdriver to remove the cover on the underside. The rest was a snap, and the system runs much smoother. An easy, worthwhile upgrade for anyone with rudimentary DIY abilities. Now if I could just figure out what to do with the 4GB memory I took out...

5.0 out of 5 stars Macbook Pro 13" Thunderbolt, August 16, 2011
So far so good. Got 8GB of RAM on my MBP now and it is working smoothly. I will update if anything goes wrong but so far it is perfect

I was running VMWare Fusion with 3GB assigned to it, Safari with 4 tabs, Chrome with 3 tabs, Mail App, iCal, iTunes, and Photobooth all at the same time and I still have 1.5GB free checking with iStat on the Dashboard. This is awesome! No more lag.

Macbook Pro 13" 2011 Thunderbolt Core i5

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value and performance, August 10, 2011
I purchased two of these to replace the RAM in my new MacBook Pro. I wanted 8GB of Ram, but did not want to pay Apple $400 for it. So I got this Kingston RAM from Amazon and installed it in about one minute - super easy!

If you are running memory intensive applications on your MacBook Pro on anything less than 8GB of RAM, you will likely see a great boost in performance and responsiveness by increasing your total memory. I am running Parallels with Windows 7 and some huge apps including Visual Studio and Mathematica as a VM alongside Mac OSX. With 8GB of RAM these apps run seamlessly and I can switch between a Mac app and a Windows app without any delay. Well worth the money!

5.0 out of 5 stars Working great in my Synology Diskstation, August 22, 2013
Upgraded the memory in my Synology DS713+ with this RAM and all is good. It's been installed for about 6 months now.

5.0 out of 5 stars a 100% stable RAM module I can absolutely recommend, July 21, 2013
I bought this 4GB SoDIMM to upgrade my Synology NAS ds713+ which came with 1GB.
This upgrade works like a charme. No problems. Just install it and the RAM works 100%.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good buy..., July 14, 2013
Added this additional 4GB PC3-10600 CL9 204-Pin SODIMM Memory to my Lenovo ThinkPad T410 and everything worked great. I’m running Windows 7 64bit which saw all the original RAM and the additional 4GB of RAM. Good stuff. 

5.0 out of 5 stars works great for lenovo t410, May 14, 2013
works just as described, installed easily into my lenovo t410 and the system recognized it (now have 6gb, all usable)

‹ Previous | 1 2 327 | Next ›