Please make sure that your post is a question about the product. Edit your question or post anyway.
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 23 questions
vote
Yes, but there's a bit of a trick to get it to work. You have to turn the device on, establish the access point, and have your devices connect to it BEFORE plugging in the power.
Nov 21, 2013 by Matt W.
vote
Kind of. The way it would work is you would connect to the Wi-Drive with WiFi (the drive itself is a WiFi base station) and then you can access files stored on it. You can not access the drive from your device without having WiFi turned on and being connected to the drive. If you then want to connect to another WiFi spot, while maintaining access to the drive, the drive itself can be connected to the internet over WiFi and provide said access to your device while your device is connected to it.
Oct 9, 2013 by Kujako
vote
For some reason you can't play iTunes movies or tv shows from the Wi Drive App, (DRM maybe). What you can do is go to your browser after you select the Wi Drive as your Wi-Fi network and enter this IP address:192.168.200.254 and the drive contents should come up. If your iTunes account is the account the movies were purchased on, they should play.
Dec 5, 2011 by N. Flagler
vote
kindle fire compatible Jan 29, 2013
I wanted to stream skydiving training/safety videos from drive to Kindle Fire after riping files on PC. Didn't quite work -- but it has been a while. Kingston phoned me a week later to get more specifics. It has been a while -- perhaps they have developed procedure/softwaqre. Amazon return was Slick! If it will solve a problem for you, give it a try.
Jan 29, 2013 by L. Alan Aber
votes
Good question, Clyde. I'd like to know as well. I think that it will work, but I'm also curious if anyone knows if if apple pages/numbers/keynote docs will work? They're not listed as supported file types, but I'm wondering if that's just in regards to viewing them within the kingston app, if you can still transfer the files back and forth through the app or through the iDevice browser or if it won't allow it at all?
Mar 14, 2012 by Frosty
votes
The Wi-Drive IS a portable wi-fi transmitter...hence the name. Your tablet or smart phone connects with it via wi-fi...BETWEEN the either of those two devices. No external wi-fi or internet is needed. You download the Wi-Drive application to your Kindle or smartphone, and the Wi-Drive is recognized as a wi-fi source. Just connect to it once your Kindle recognizes it.I use it to supplement storage limitaions of my Nexus 7. I load movies on the Wi-drive and watch them via the 'private' wi-fi network...between my Nexus and the device. Of course, you have to download your book, music, pictures onto the Wi-Drive. Mine had 32gb of storage, so for example, I could download ALL of my iTunes music onto this device...and then have the entire library with me at all times. The size I have will accept almost 12 movies, which I can then watch any time, anywhere. Hope this helps.
Dec 26, 2013 by ronald
votes
I don't know about google play purchases, but you can transfer movies, music, books, documents, pictures, etc...... to and from the wi-drive....and to and from your PC/ or android device. If the files are not DRM protected to a specific device, they can be used anywhere (e.g., video of a family birthday party). If the files are DRM protected to a particular user, than the files can be opened anywhere the user could normally use them (e.g., PDF/ ePUb-DRMs). That said, I would imagine that if the item(s) being transfered from a PC/or device had been purchased as (in essence) a DRM Specific to that particular device, than the transfer would basically be a backup for that specific device, rather than a file transfer from one device that could be used on another device..... but it would still let you run the file from the wi-drive for play on the device to which it had been purchased. In general, I have had no problem transfering movies to/from the wi-drive and my android devices (including Kindle Fire, 2nd gen not HD), or my PC that I originally downloaded from Archive.org, Gutenberg.org and other Public Domain sites, no have I had a problem transfering video from a personal home video camera. Additionally, as far as using a wireless network (while I've not used this feature) the wi-drive dose appeare to allow for "bridge mode". The wi-drive is basically just an external hard drive, or memory card that can be used via a USB type connection or wi-fi. The files that you can transfer/use with an external hard drive, or memory card you can transfer/use with the wi-drive...whether by transfer, or streaming.
Jan 10, 2013 by Noore
votes
I do not know. I had a bad experience with the product. After 5 months it didn't keep the charge and you cannot replace the battery.
6 hours ago by Giorgio Saraceno
votes
I have never purchased a movie off amazon. But if the movie is just a video file, just transfer the file to a folder on the wi-drive and play it from there. I do this with videos I've taken or digital copies that come with movies I've purchased.
Oct 29, 2014 by J. Waddell
votes
As long as the app on your iPad runs the file normally then yes to your question.
Nov 18, 2013 by Amazon Customer
‹ Previous   1   2   3   Next ›

Unanswered questions
Search Questions and Answers