Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Look Park Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Water Sports

Package Type: Standard Packaging|Change
Price:$7.35+ Free shipping

on May 27, 2008
I have been using this SD card for a GBA cart i have that takes Mini-SD's
which are a little more expensive so i decided to go with this card since it came with the adapters i needed

And all i can say is this is way better than the 1Gig San Disk Mini-Sd I have (not just in size but specs) that i got from walmart that was a little more expensive (like $3-4 more)

Size 2,012,000,000
Actual Size 1.87 GB (Storage Size)

Benchmarks from this card

Random Access: 1.1ms
CPU Utilization: 24% +/- 2%
Average Read 16.4 MB/s
on September 1, 2007
This is not noticably different from other name brand memory cards. It works exactly the same as any other quality card that I've tried; some of them costing 2 or more times as much. I've tried them in my notebook, desktop, camera, LG-Env, LG-Chocolate, and Motorola Razr with no problem. I will definitely be buying more of these soon.
on June 26, 2007
Works great. I like the fact that it has MiniSD and Standard SD adapters. I can use this card in my computer (only SD slot), my PDA (only miniSD slot) and my phone (only microSD slot).
on January 23, 2011
My wife purchased two of these for me as a gift, and they worked fine. A few weeks later, I ordered three more myself, also from Amazon, the identical item, but they did NOT work. The two that worked were marked "CHINA" and the three that did not work were marked "TAIWAN" and the plastic was a slightly lighter color. I don't know how to tell in advance which you're getting. Note my application is specialized, booting embedded Linux in a Zipit Z2. Most people may never know the difference because both varieties seem to read and write normally; the only problem was system bootup.

Update Jan.25 2011: The "Taiwan" card had about 4% less memory, but passed a complete memory test cycle and was actually slightly faster.

Kingston 2GB SD card stats from WinXP properties:
"China" Capacity: 1,973,059,584 bytes 1.83 GB (FAT, after format)
"Taiwan" Capacity: 1,898,708,992 bytes 1.76 GB (FAT, after format)

"China": Write: 8.80 MByte/s Read: 16.7 MByte/s
"Taiwan": Write: 9.92 MByte/s Read: 16.9 MByte/s

(using IOGEAR GFR209T USB Reader; H2testw v1.4 flash test by Harald Bögeholz - No errors)
review image
on February 5, 2010
Over the last couple of months I've order two of these. The first came with the storage case shown in the customer picture, very cool, however the second had no storage case. If you need the case, you might want to consider buying locally. Amazon should consider, in the interest of customer service, a separate listing for the caseless version so customers know exactly what they will or will not get. No complaints about Kingston's cards, however. Great product!
on February 8, 2008
Despite what some nay-sayers have said on several review sites, I ordered several different kinds of 2GB MicroSD cards for myself, my wife and kids' phones. I tried MP3 functionality on each of the devices (Blackberry 8300 Curve, Blackberry Pearl, and Motorola RAZRs with the different cards.

The Kingston works great and I use it in the 8300 now on a daily basis. There are no compatibility problems with any of the MicroSD adapters on the phones that I tested. It's a great deal and a great product.
on May 17, 2010
Kingston 2 GB microSD Flash Memory Card with SD and miniSD Adapters SDC/2GB-2ADP
I'm happy with the Kingston cards themselves, but unhappy with the bait-and-switch tactics of Amazon in the way the visually present to the public what they are selling. The pictures clearly show a hard-shell case to keep all of the SD cards and adapters in (important if you have a few of these to be sure not to lose any). What I received was a simple package that just held the cards and no plastic case to store the cards and adapters in. Tried calling Amazon as soon as I received them, was told they would look into this and call/email me back but I to this date have not heard from anyone. This package that I received is definitely a cut-down version of the product, less quality than what I was made to feel I would be buying by the image presented to this day on the website. If this is the way Amazon is going to handle customer and selling their products, advertising a higher quality product and shipping a lower quality product, then they have seen the last business from me for sure!!!
review image review image review image
on December 27, 2007
SD cards have gotten to the point that writing a review seems like writing a review for a wrench. There isn't much to it. It works, and it works well. I bought this card for my Palm Centro.
on January 19, 2015
These cards won't be breaking any speed tests but then again most people still buying these are probably buying them due to older hardware not detecting sdhc cards.

Since these are non sd hc they won't have a problem in most older hardware, and these (2gb) will probably be the largest size you can currently find that are not sd hc.

The write speeds on some of these as sometimes up par to a class 4 card , some fall short of this but overall i wouldn't say they are too slow but this varies on your opinion of class 4 cards.

I bought them to use on older cameras and other older hardware which wouldn't work with sd hc cards, and so far i hadn't had a problem.
These are about 1.83 gb, and anyone who has owned anything computer related knows that everything loses space after format , i just state this now for ''those'' people who refuse to get with the ''program''.
I bought these on an Amazon sale when they were offered with Prime shipping. My primary interest, frankly, was the plastic case and the adapters. I have several devices that use MicroSD cards and It is often preferable to just plug the card into my laptop rather than use a USB cable connected to the device.

A 2GB card is no great shakes these days. (I have a 32GB MicroSD in my smartphone.) Kingston is good brand, in my opinion, and the 2GB cad worked in a laptop computer and SanDisk MP3 player. No complaints there.

The adapters are well made and, like so many other adapters, will probably be misplaced or lost in the not distant future.

I am disappointed that the plastic case shown in the illustration is not included, so I knock two stars off the review for that misrepresentation.

Jerry