Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc blink-182 Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on January 7, 2013
It seems like no electronic device that requires an HDMI cable ever ships with one, anymore. I purchased two devices this past Christmas season (an Xbox and a Blue-Ray player) that required cables, and (of course!) neither one came with one. I did purchase one cable along with them at the time of my original purchase at the big box store, but upon attempting to hook everything up, realized that my HDTV (and most HDTVs older than a year or two) only have a single HDMI port. Oh brother!

The fix? Buying this HDMI switch and a pack of HDMI inexpensive cables (AmazonBasics 2-Pack, High-Speed HDMI Cables 6.5 feet -- Supports Ethernet, 3D, and Audio Return [Newest Standard]) so that both devices can be plugged into the switcher box and feed into the single port. So far, no problems from either the switching box or the cables. I've had friends tell me that there is a noticeable difference between a $10 HDMI cable and a $30 HDMI cable. Really? I'm not convinced. Is one perceptibly better? How would you even test this unless you had two identical TV set-ups side by side? I guess I will never know and will just be content saving the extra money. The same is true with the HDMI switch. There are switch boxes that can cost upwards of $100. I, for one, see no status in over-paying.

I had this switch and cables out of the box and set up in about five minutes - no muss, no fuss. Everything worked exactly as expected and made life a little simpler and a little more enjoyable. Definitely worth the investment! I would recommend this HDMI switch (and the pack of cables) to anyone who needs an inexpensive and functional option for their TV. It has been working just fine for me. This model DOES come with a remote for manual switching, but I have had no need to use it and do not forse ever using it. It IS INCLUDED, though, in case you should want it.

This model has three input ports, which is basically what most bedroom or family room TV set-ups are going to need. That way you can hook up your 1)digital cable box or dish line, 2)game system (PS3 or Xbox or Wii), and 3)your Blu-Ray player. If you have some elaborate TV set-up with multiple game systems or other inputs, you'll need to purchase a switch box with more than three input ports. There are several options for such switch boxes available on amazon, including this other model by Kinivo: Kinivo 501BN Premium 5 port High speed HDMI switch with IR wireless remote and AC Power adapter - supports 3D, 1080p.

*** Another important thing that you need to know about the switch is that you will need one more HDMI cable to connect it to your TV. It (naturally) doesn't come with one, so you once you plug your components into this switch box, you will need a separate HDMI cable to run from the box to the TV.
11 comment|106 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 23, 2013
Worked perfectly right out of the box. Plugged in Roku3, AppleTV, and XBox 360. Didn't try auto-switching, but setup was painless and worked straight off with my Harmony remote. Video quality is preserved for each device and switching is completely controlled through the Harmony. I would be slightly happier if the bright blue lights could be shut off. They are a bit distracting while watching content in a dark room.
33 comments|56 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 26, 2011
I have a pretty high end theater in my basement and recently upgraded to a new JVC RS50 3D projector. Problem for me was that my over $5K Denon 5308ci receiver did not support 3D (well... until September that is!). Sometimes when you own high end gear, read all the trade sites/pubs you convince yourself that money buys compatibility. Well I'm here to tell you after three different "high end" trials of "true 3D matrix switchers" costing anywhere from $150-$350, this $25 device blows all of them away and works as advertised! All of the others failed in every respect, with none of them passing 3D from my new Oppo 93 3D-BD player and only one of them worked with DirecTV. Save your money and buy this little bundle of 3D magic!!
44 comments|188 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 21, 2014
So glad this worked, bought cheaper switches and the PS4 would cause the screen to flash. This is nice equipment and works great with all of my accessories. Wish I would have researched before spending my money on the cheaper stuff, this is what you need.
33 comments|47 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 20, 2012
I have been using this for a while and have had not issues until now. I just recently switched over to Direct Tv and got the Genie receiver this would only put out 1080i from receiver to the TV not 1080P when I hook receiver directly to TV it jumps to 1080P. Just a heads up if you have direct TV genie recievers
77 comments|112 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 7, 2011
This HDMI switch works very well. I have only been using it for a week, so I cannot give a long term review yet. The set up of the system is very simple. The only problem I had was that one of my older HDMI cables did not work with the system. The cable is good, previously it was my main cable to the TV. But, the system would not function with that particular HDMI cable attached. My advice for this problem is that if the switch does not work, keep it simple and try a different HDMI cable before you assume that the switch is broken.
My current set up with this system is a Sony Blue Ray player, a Sony DVD home theater system and an XBOX 360. All three worked very well with the switch. I have switched between the sources many times, both with the remote and also by turning one system ON or OFF for automatic switching. There is no need to use the remote unless you are switching between multiple sources that are currently ON at the same time.
The sound quality is very good as is the picture quality. Other HDMI switch reviews stated slight sound issue. I have not noticed any.
66 comments|107 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 15, 2014
Using for my PC and PS4, works absolutely perfect without lose in video quality.
review image
on December 3, 2014
works great, looks even better.
although it comes with a remote to switch channels, it does auto sense and switch to the first channel to provide signal, which in my case, is always one signal at a time so i never need to use the remote. very very sleek unit, and i dont have to worry about hdmi wires popping out as they fit in very securely. found this unit after buying a few bluerigger wires... these guys do not mess around. i will absolutely be buying more bluerigger items. very happy.
review image
on March 9, 2011
Very good product. Simple to set up, doesn't take much at all. What I liked about this over others was the ability to manually switch locally on the box as well as with the remote controller. I don't have an ultra programmable remote, so I use the one that came with it. It's pretty small - probably close to business card size - so it could easily get lost in the couch if you let it. I have my DVD player hooked into port 1, my cable box in port 2, and a WD TV Live Hub hooked into 3. Since I watch cable more than any of these, it primarily stays switched to port 2. If I want to watch a DVD, I just turn the player on and it auto switches to port 1. My DVD player doesn't kill the HDMI signal when I turn the player off, so I have to manually switch back to port 2. And the cable box is always issuing an HDMI signal, so I always have to switch to port 3 if I want to stream through the WD. Given all of this, I really don't find it to be much of an inconvenience and probably will experience it no matter what product I use. So for the price, functionality, looks, and everything else, I give this product 5 starts.
on January 7, 2013
This is an impressive high performing product, extremely simple to hook up and install 3 devices with HDMI to my television set which only has 1 HDMI input. Connecting the TV HDMI cable to this device Output, then using 3 HDMI cables connecting to the device Inputs 1, 2, and 3 connected the Cable box, Blu-Ray player, and PS-3. Each product plays back with perfect quality and performance, and to top everything off the device will automatically switch to the next device once you turn on to use. Extremely user friendly, high performing, and is barely the size of a cigarette box. Anyone not wanting to buy a new television just for more HDMI ports, this is a must buy.