4.0 out of 5 stars Unique and sweet
Published on November 14, 2011 by Kirksgirl

1.0 out of 5 stars misleading
Wow is this product not even close to the size depicted in the photo. it is tiny tiny tiny actually. the ornaments on the tree in the description photo must be the size of tears, as in the ones i shed when i received this product
Published on December 2, 2011 by Craig Brusseau

4.0 out of 5 stars Unique and sweet, November 14, 2011
This review is from: Thomas Kinkade Holidays in Motion Rotating Illuminated Treetopper: Animated Christmas Decor by The Bradford Editions (Kitchen)
For the past three years I've been looking for just the right tree topper for my "Santa" themed tree. I currently have your typical Santa that sits on top that doesn't light up. Imagine my delight when I found this topper a couple of years ago, but the price back then at $110 (not including tax or shipping) was too much for me. The following year, I looked at it again, but couldn't find it in stock anywhere. This year, I searched again, and found it for about $70 ($90 including tax and shipping). I just received it today.

Is it a quality piece? I'll break it down...because I don't feel the other reviewer knew what they were doing when they tried to get it to work. In fact, I'm not sure they read the instructions at all as you do not put any part of the tree into any holes....

The star is supported by a long metal rod that is meant to be secured to the tree via zip ties. They provide a decent amount of ties for this, and as well supply additional rods for extra support down the tree trunk. I do not see any issues with stability with any type of tree either fake or real. If you secure it correctly, it will rotate perfectly fine.

The star is really pretty with a nice golden hued glow. It is a frosted look versus the stained glass look in the picture. It is made of plastic, but again looks nice.

The Santa and his Reindeer are smaller than I thought they would be, however they are cute. This piece is plastic as well, and not as refined looking as depicted online, however it is still a decent looking Santa and reindeer. Honestly even if you don't like Thomas Kinkade (who I can pretty much take or leave) This is still a neat item, because once you get it up 7 feet to the top of a tree, you cannot see the pictures of his artwork on the reindeer saddles at all.

The unit does not make any noise that I can tell.

The packaging should be kept because it is a really nice storage protector for the top.

Now after all that, you put it all together, put it atop the tree and I have to say it's really cool. It's completely unique and combines both a star and my Santa theme. This top has already been a conversation piece at work and is sure to be the same during the holidays.

1.0 out of 5 stars misleading, December 2, 2011
Craig Brusseau (Plymouth, MA, US) - See all my reviews

1.0 out of 5 stars Nothing like the picture., December 6, 2011
The tree topper we received doesn't look anything like the picture and, in my opinion, is way overpriced. The reindeer and sleigh circle inches above the star and the star does not light up as much either. The sleigh and reindeer are very small in proportion to the star too; very disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars sleigh ride, January 2, 2012
This treetopper is so delicate and classy. I thought it was actually larger but the size is just right. My grandchildren loved watching it. I love the fact that it operates for 3 hours and if you want it to run longer you can reset it. The detailing is beautiful. It is a nice keepsake or a valuable item to pass down to future generations.

1.0 out of 5 stars This item is tiny., November 21, 2011
I purchased two of these for my daughters. It was very disappointing because the size is miniscule. The quality seems to be ok and it looks like it will be realitively easy to install on the tree, but the size is not what I expected. I don't recommend this product.

3.0 out of 5 stars Tree Topper, January 1, 2013
We were very happy to receive our newest tree topper. It really looks great on the top of the tree with the bright star lit up as it circles around the top of the tree. What I have found is that once the items circles for a while it does stop. I am not sure if this is to protect the small motor that drives the sleigh around and around. The problem with this is that when the sleigh stops the star goes out too. Even after a long "cooling down" period it does not come back on leaving us to cut the lights back off then turning it back on again to have the sleigh start up once again. This is something that they need to address.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, but could be better, December 24, 2011
Awesome tree topper, looks good works good. Fits a little tight in box, so be patient and remove gently. Star sits on pole with two extensions that you zip tie (some zip ties included) to tree. Trimming might be required. Works and looks as described, little bit of noise if your star isn't perfectly level, (which is hard to do on a trunk). The noise comes from the motor moving the Santa around it's not real loud but If you listen you'll hear it.

1.0 out of 5 stars no good, June 30, 2011
for the price you would think you would get something better then plastic. This does not work for real trees and i dont know if it would work for a fake trees either it is really heavy and the tree topper part has a small insert so it didnt fit on the top of the tree. Threw it in the garbage.

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE!, August 6, 2012
I love this tree topper. It is so pretty and exactly what I was looking for. It's a little smaller than I expected but still looks very good. It was a little noisy when I first plugged it in but my husband used some WD-40 and it fixed the problem. I've received a lot of compliments on this!

4.0 out of 5 stars Happy while it's on, November 24, 2012
I'm happy that it is MUCH SMALLER than the picture, it's actually is a very appropriate size for a 8 foot tree, anything bigger might look funny. It seems to stay on for 3 hours or so every night before it turns itself off " must be on a timer". Although it's small, it is very cute while it's on. If you buy this put the switch in an accessible place to turn it on when it turns off . I wish it were less expensive how ever it did bring many smiles to all that saw it.