Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Recess Monkey Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on August 6, 2007
Ordered two, as the old one, same name and model, had lasted 5 years.
These two BOTH do not work at all. NO lights, nothing. Looks like the motors are missing.
ATNonline, who shipped them, said to contact the manufacturer. Yeah, they in China. But, ATNonline refused to accept the return, and also did not provide ANY information on the manufacturer.
AMAZON has refunded the money, but frustration over this deal sure chills my attitude.

Don't buy anything from ATNonline.
JS
on February 21, 2007
It's slow but it does the job.

I ordered two of them but ANTOnline only sent me one. They reversed the charge on the second one only after I invoked Amazon's A-Z protection. They never admitted to the mistake and basically said I'm lying. Reading through their reviews it quickly becomes apparent that they never admit to ever having made a mistake. That's amazing and a little hard to believe. I'll never do business with that company again and I urge you to do the same.
on June 30, 2008
Consider this a disposable. If it is worth the money to you to buy one, knowing it will probably fail after a few months, then go ahead.
on August 12, 2007
Purchased one in April because we had had an older one that worked well, but finally wore itself out. This product lasted...with little use...less than 2 months. I didn't figure it would be worth sending back to the company for a replacement that would probably be the same.
on August 18, 2008
I've only used my Kinyo VHS tape (movie) rewinder for a few movies, but it has been working fine. Many of us still have movies on VHS tapes. (The Nancy Drew TV series, with lovely Pamela Sue Martin, is still available, plus her other movies.) So it's nice to have an efficient and rapid little machine like the Kinyo, to spare my tape player from the laborious back-spinning process. I can now watch my VHS movies, and rewind 'em in a few minutes!
on September 4, 2007
This rewinder is the worst I've ever tried. The first one I got was dead upon arrival. I sent for a replacement and it worked for about a week then quit completely. Stay away!
on July 24, 2012
I prefer this VCR rewinder to the few others around because it rewinds the videos at a moderate speed, thus creating less wear and tear on them. The price is also a major plus, with no huge fees for shiping. It makes no noise when used and does not require that you keep an eye on it and making adjustments when using.
Easy to use and easy on tapes. I would give it five stars, but I haven't had it a long time so I can't speak about its longevity. Frankly, if it dies after one year it is worthwhile to just buy another one rather than those that wreck one's tapes. I have also reviewed another rewinder sold via Amazon, so you might want to read that also.
VINE VOICEon December 13, 2011
I was replacing a re-winder which we had used for many years. Recently it became quite noisy and speeded up as it progressed though the rewinding process. I began to fear it may destroy the tapes. I was glad to find the availability of the Kinyo UV-520SIL. The shape and size fit well into my existing entertainment center. The process is identical to my earlier model so I am familiar with the automatic star/stop with the soft touch eject. I appreciate the fact that no AC adapter is required. It is important to me to have the convenience of this accessory as it allows me to reduce the wear on my VCR inner parts. I like the sleek design and light weight of this model.
on March 29, 2013
My Mom watches a LOT of videos and has gone through many rewinders - this rewinder wasn't cheap in price, but it's cheap in performance - it rewinds and pops open with about a 1/2" of tape left to go - you hafta hold it down for the remainder to rewind
on May 10, 2012
Call me old school, but I prefer my VCR, over my DVD Player. With that said, I always rewind the tapes with a rewinder, because I was told you can ruin the tape heads, in the VCR, by constantly rewinding.

After my old $10.00 rewinder died, after many years of use, I purchased the KINYO. Waste of money! It was very noisy, slow, and just died, after only three months of use. So, I search again, since these babies seem to becoming extinct...