5.0 out of 5 stars Great little bag
I loooove this bag. I spent days looking for a small cross-body bag that would fit my phone and a few other items. Despite the price, I decided to purchase this one, and I have to say I was very pleasantly surprised when I started using it.
Published on January 31, 2011 by V. Crow

1.0 out of 5 stars Smaller than stated dimensions
Dimension below are from the Kipling -USA website. A 5.5" * 8" iPad Mini sticks out the top. It will not fit inside and allow the velcro tabs on the flap to reach each other to secure the flap. In the main zippered compartment which is outside the flapped staorage, it also sticks up too high for the zipper to close over it.

ELDORADO SMALL CROSS-BODY...
Published 18 months ago by broadfork

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little bag, January 31, 2011
It holds everything I need without getting heavy or bulky. The zippers and velcro closures seem very sturdy. The strap is wide enough to not hurt my neck or shoulder and it is very easy to adjust. The bag sits comfortably on my hip (or on my lap if I'm sitting) and it doesn't get on the way.
In the front zippered bag I put my HTC Incredible with case and a pack of tissues. My phone is easily accessible and I have no problem retrieving it when it rings.
In the front pocket I put my wallet and keys. Also very easy to reach.
The back zippered pocket is large enough to fit a small planner, two small containers with hand cream and hand sanitizer, a pack of gum, a pocket mirror, a lipgloss, and my sunglasses. This pocket is not very easily accessible because the zipper is behind the shoulder strap, but I don't mind because I only need this items occasionally.
The middle pocket is designed to hold cards but I don't trust it because it doesn't seem very secure (that's why I use my wallet instead). I use this space to hold a usb stick, an ipod nano and earphones, a pen, and other random items that I rarely use like coupons and wipes.
The only con is that it doesn't have a secured pocket for small items like earrings or loose change.
The color in the picture of the "true blue" is deceiving. I was expecting it to be a bit brighter and slightly washed out, but it's a very dark blue, almost black. It's a pretty color, but it looks more "formal" than what I expected. I suggest you google the name and color to see what it really looks like.

Bottomline: this is a very useful and cute bag.

1.0 out of 5 stars Smaller than stated dimensions, January 4, 2013
This review is from: Kipling Eldorado Small Shoulder Bag (Apparel)

ELDORADO SMALL CROSS-BODY TRAVEL BAG
Item Number: AC2304
Price: $48.00 Sale: $34.99
Limited Time - Free Ground Shipping on all orders $50 or more. (See Promotion Details)
The iconic cross-body bag of Kipling complete with an organized interior for a versatile design that's perfect for that person on the go! Dimensions: 6"L x 8"H x 1"D
Adjustable shoulder strap that allows you to wear as shoulder or cross body bag
Main flap compartment has 1 open pocket, 1 Velcro® pocket and 3 card slots
Additional flap front pocket with Velcro® closure
2 external zippered pockets (one in front/one in back)
Small furry Kipling monkey keyhanger
Fabric: Water Resistant 420 Denier Nylon
Imported

2.0 out of 5 stars Eldorado, May 28, 2010
S. Patton (Algonquin, IL) - See all my reviews
I love Kipling products, have always been incredibly happy with them and my unhappiness with this purse isn't about the actual bag but rather the size which I didn't realize was so small even after reading the dimensions. I was looking for something small to hold my wallet, phone and a camera when I went out and while this does accommodate those three items the pockets are awkward and I didn't feel secure with the items in them. The pocket for your credit cards/drivers license is not protected as there is only a Velcro flap over it and I worry that something would fall out. Overall I am on the fence for this product, I have used it only once after looking very forward to it arriving.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Bag, April 23, 2010
This review is from: Kipling Eldorado Small Shoulder Bag (Apparel)
Kipling products are fantastic! I personally use this for when I am vacationing, it holds two cell phones, my camera, money, credit cards and some extras. Perfect for amuzement parks and sight seeing! Quality couldn't be better!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Bag - COLOR NOT AS SHOWN - Warm Grey is Brown, October 25, 2012
Like all Kipling products, this is a cute yet durable bag (my Kipling backpack is 15 years old and still looks like new). However, I wanted to point out that the IMAGES MISS A FEW THINGS.

COLOR:
"Warm Grey" is very misleading. It is much darker and more brown than shown in the images. I would consider this a "Dark Tan". I have shown this bag to friends and family and asked what color it is, and they all say "Tan" or "Khaki". I purchased this to wear with black clothing and shoes. It is a much better match with brown clothing or shoes.

Also - the lining of the front flap pocket and the card case are a pale minty green. It is a fairly neutral color, but still it is in the green family.

POCKETS:
The image photos on Amazon do not fully display the numerous interior pockets, which are (width x height):
BACK ZIPPERED COMPARTMENT - 5.5 x 6.5 inches;
FRONT ZIPPERED COMPARTMENT - 5.5 x 6 inches;
TOP VELCRO FLAP COMPARTMENT - 5.5 x 5 inches;
BOTTOM VELCRO FLAP COMPARTMENT - 5.5 x 6 inches, with a 5.5 x 3 inch front panel and a 5.5 x 4 inch "card holder" inside of it.

It is small and extremely lightweight, but holds and organizes everything I need, including: keys, my wallet (3 x 2 x 1.5), pen, 2 phones, antibacterial bottle, and a fair amount of make-up. Best of all, its many compartments keep everything separate, so I am never digging around in the bottom of my purse for things.

MATERIAL:
If you have never owned a Kipling, let me describe the material. It is like a cross between nylon and canvas. It looks more like canvas and has the thickness of canvas, but it has the "feel", the lightness and the waterproof attributes of nylon. Really, it is the "best of both worlds". My Kipling backpack has lasted 15 years with out a tear or a stain. The zippers are not normal zippers - they are about 4 times as thick in gauge (i.e. much more "chunky") which makes them more sturdy and gives the bag a more industrial look.

It is cut but very casual, great with jeans though probably not appropriate with dressy attire or office clothing. I highly recommend this (or any) Kipling bag for daily wear, and especially for travel!

4.0 out of 5 stars Kind of strange design, but useful, March 15, 2013
I used this bag for 6 weeks of travel in India. Although it is small, I fit a surprising amount of stuff in it. It's not perfect, but it was just the size I was looking for to hold the things I wanted with me all the time and close at hand. Most of the time I also carried a small daypack for extra layers, camera & lenses, water bottle & UV sterilizer, etc.

I found the card slots under the flip-up top to be too insecure for credit cards, but I stashed my business cards and occasionally a hotel card key there. In general that section isn't very functional and I wish it just had a larger main compartment there instead of this silly insecure card holder.

I wish the bag were just slightly taller, as then it would hold an iPad mini or Kindle perfectly. I ended up hand-sewing an extra piece of velcro under the flap, and then I was able to slide the iPad mini into the middle flap pocket, and still secure the flap even though it doesn't fit quite right.

I liked that it has several different sections to store different things. I used the front pocket for my phone, front-mid zipper pocket for small items like chapstick & keys, middle flip-open pocket for business cards & maps & sometimes iPad mini (least useful pocket), and larger back zipped pocket for passport, wallet, and sunglasses.

I like the slightly slippery fabric. It brushes clean easily (important in a place like India where everything is filthy, and easy clean-up is a must.) I also liked the color selections (I chose brown which goes with everything and doesn't show dirt.)

5.0 out of 5 stars Smaller than I expected, September 5, 2013
I love it, it's just smaller than I was expecting from the picture.
It's about the size of an open hand.

**Update Jan 7, 14: I used it a few times and despite its being tiny, I was surprised at how much it holds.
I think it's a good purse for carrying on a trip, with money, documents, a little makeup, sunglasses, wallet, cell phone, a pen, eye drops and lenses case, because that's all I carried in it. It expands in its width. It just won't fit my camera. But great for all the rest!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great gift for a woman, September 20, 2012
Gents. Two women in my life have benefitted from this purse as a gift, mom and wife. Running out of gift ideas? This purse is the right answer. Put the gift certficate for the day at the spa in the purse and give to to her in front of her friends. Don't know why, but can't argue with 2/2.

5.0 out of 5 stars kipling products are absolutely the best!, February 11, 2009
This item is exactly what i was looking for. It is water proof, and very functional with all of it's secret pockets. The signature monkey it also wonderful and fun. Love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Small but big bag, May 2, 2014
This is a small shoulder bag but you can cram a lot into it , phone, small wallet even a kindle without a cover. It has a selection of compartments. So for those days when one wants not to be weighted down by a big shoulder bag this is great.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›