Top positive review
54 people found this helpful
Ideal for my travel plans
on June 9, 2013
Obviously everyone's taste is different, but I found that this bag was the only one that combined what I was looking for and some style. It is by no means an overly stylish bag, but it does not scream "tourist" or "machine washable" as some of the other travel bags on the market. I went to several stores to try and inspect many other bags from all the famous travel brands, and only became less and less disappointed every time.
Here's what convinced me about this bag:
* As mentioned before, the bag has a casual look but does not look cheap or made for travel. In fact, I may use it on dress down days for work.
* I am petite (5'2") and needed a bag that did not seem bigger than me. Some of the bags are roomy, but also appear bulky when I wear them.
* Since I am traveling with an infant, I needed a bag that could store a couple of bottles - it seems that the smaller size water bottles will fit in the side pockets, although the pockets were not originally designed for that.
* I needed a separate pocket to store my iPad mini in, and it fits perfectly in the back zippered pocket of this bag. I am sure this was unintentional, but worked out perfectly for me.
* I did NOT want credit card slots, but needed slots for pens. This bag has 3 pen slots and two slip pockets, one of which fits my iPhone.
* I did not want a flap pocket as magnetic closures tend to become more and more difficult to close when the bag is stuffed (which will be no doubt the case with any bag I use). I did want to have the convenience of front organizer pockets.
* Although not a deal breaker, the weight of the bag was a consideration. Already pushing a stroller and the bag being stuffed, the fact that it is relatively light was definitely an advantage. It is not the lightest one out there (LeSportsac bags are still lighter), but it is manageable.
* I should mention the waterproof and machine washable material, although most bags that are designed for travel offer that as well.
I purchased the "Latte" color, which is a nice warm color and will go very well with lighter and darker tan shoes/sandals. It will also match most summer colors, but will be a nice combination with black as well.