Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Stephen Marley Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro

Price:$59.99 - $145.00

on June 9, 2013
Obviously everyone's taste is different, but I found that this bag was the only one that combined what I was looking for and some style. It is by no means an overly stylish bag, but it does not scream "tourist" or "machine washable" as some of the other travel bags on the market. I went to several stores to try and inspect many other bags from all the famous travel brands, and only became less and less disappointed every time.

Here's what convinced me about this bag:

* As mentioned before, the bag has a casual look but does not look cheap or made for travel. In fact, I may use it on dress down days for work.
* I am petite (5'2") and needed a bag that did not seem bigger than me. Some of the bags are roomy, but also appear bulky when I wear them.
* Since I am traveling with an infant, I needed a bag that could store a couple of bottles - it seems that the smaller size water bottles will fit in the side pockets, although the pockets were not originally designed for that.
* I needed a separate pocket to store my iPad mini in, and it fits perfectly in the back zippered pocket of this bag. I am sure this was unintentional, but worked out perfectly for me.
* I did NOT want credit card slots, but needed slots for pens. This bag has 3 pen slots and two slip pockets, one of which fits my iPhone.
* I did not want a flap pocket as magnetic closures tend to become more and more difficult to close when the bag is stuffed (which will be no doubt the case with any bag I use). I did want to have the convenience of front organizer pockets.
* Although not a deal breaker, the weight of the bag was a consideration. Already pushing a stroller and the bag being stuffed, the fact that it is relatively light was definitely an advantage. It is not the lightest one out there (LeSportsac bags are still lighter), but it is manageable.
* I should mention the waterproof and machine washable material, although most bags that are designed for travel offer that as well.

I purchased the "Latte" color, which is a nice warm color and will go very well with lighter and darker tan shoes/sandals. It will also match most summer colors, but will be a nice combination with black as well.
on December 24, 2010
This purse is everything I look for in a purse. It's roomy inside, and has lots of outside pockets. It has both long and short straps which make it so convenient. It is a little more than I usually spend on a purse, but I feel it is worth it. I'm one of those "everything but the kitchen sink" people, and this purse easily holds all the stuff I like to take with me. It, also, seems very sturdy,and I hope it will last a long time.
on March 1, 2011
I was hesitant about ordering a bag online but I am so happy with the purchase. I love the different compartments for cell phones, tissues and keys. My biggest complaint about most handbags is the lack of a zippered compartment on the back of the bag. This bag has one and is great to keep coupons in. Great bag!!
on October 17, 2012
I got a lot of compliments from having this bag. Pretty much like every female I encountered was like "Where did you get that bag? What is that monkey? That's a Kipling monkey? What is a Kipling monkey?" I am doing this brand a lot of advertising!

I do actually own another Kipling bag. It is a smaller size and I got it actually for around the same price. I was a dork and I did a thorough online bag review search. That's right. I researched which bags had the highest reviews and then sorted by price and function. I took the highest ranking items and did a cost-value comparison. There are actual websites devoted to this, so I'm not the only one! Anyways, I went to some baggage specialty site and bought my first Kipling then. This was a couple years ago. I used it for my travels abroad because I wanted to get something with a bunch of pockets. You know, so I could hold my valuables safe but in the open. Bad guys would be fooled because I had so many decoy pockets. Anyways ---Since then, I feel like Kipling has improved even though they were awesome back then too!

This bag is about the price of other Kipling bags (around $78 at time of purchase). It is a bit more pricey, but it is still at a lower price point than the designer bags like Coach or L V. I think this bag is a good day bag because it has many compartments. If you pick the right color, it can go with many wardrobe items. It is a bag that could blend in with casual wear and a little more formal wear. (I took this to the streets of NYC and even to a 3 star Michelin restaurant! No one looked at me funny.) Nylon does feel thin though against the skin. I can see how some people may question whether or not nylon would be very durable if they are new to having a bag made of the fabric. My other bag (that I bought years ago) has still lasted. I just wanted a bigger bag to stuff more things into.

The inside fabric color now, at least for the white bag, which I bought matches the color of the outside. I liked that. My older Kipling bag had this green tint inside which I didn't like. But this bag seems to have improved to be more color coordinated inside and out. I found all the zippered pockets to be well placed and thought out. I could put small bills in the back. Keep some receipts in the front. Have a pouch left over for keys. Put my phone inside the main compartment. Slip in tissues into the fold in the main compartment. Bring some paper soap along with me also in the fold in the main compartment. Plus, stuff my sunglasses inside with much room to spare.

In short, I love this handbag! It is very functional. I would recommend this for someone who is traveling and needs to bring a lot with them to feel comfortable that she is not leaving something important behind.
on February 23, 2012
It took me a while to finally decide on which Kipling style bag to purchase as my travel companion. And I am so glad that I purchased the Defea Handbag. When I first opened the package, my initial thoughts on this bag was that it was cute - the style was what I was looking for - a little more edgy and trendy with the zippered pockets - but smaller than I expected. However looks can be deceiving. I just returned from a two-week excursion from Asia and this was the only handbag that I took with me and it was the only one that I ended up needing. The quality of the fabric is lightweight but very durable and easy to clean. It's nice that when the bag is not totally full, the fabric allows the bag to "shrink". And unlike leather bags, the weight of the bag doesn't make it heavier. It is very roomy for its "small" looking size. I was able to fit my wallet, cell phone, keys, cosmetic bag, Nook e-reader, guidebook, maps, camera and even when I was in a colder location, my scarf, gloves and a knitted hat along with a few small souvenirs. Both the short and longer straps were very comfortable. But my favorite features were the pockets. It made organization and finding items so much easier. The most useful and most convenient pocket was the external slot on the backside which safely held my passport and boarding pass. It was easy access and I didn't have to worry about hunting through the inside of my bag. Having other more expensive and couture brand leather handbags, I can totally see how this Kipling can easily replace all those other ones and make this as a daily commuter bag. I may have to get this style in another color! However I see that Kipling just came out with other styles and I am excited to check those out! I am now officially a Kipling believer!
on February 8, 2016
Love Love Love this bag! Aside from the fact that it has all my favorite colors and and animal print on it. It's roomy and large enough to carry my kindle with me along with other items of importance to me. All this without being too too large. It come in other lovely colors as well.
review image
on November 19, 2013
The bag iss bigger than I imagine it to be and the straps are of fabric instead of the nylon material which I would prefer. Other than that, this is an extremely versatile bag. You can fit in almost everything from water bottle, tablets, smartphones, brolly, make-up case, a book, etc Except for laptop, you can fit in almost everything.
on January 19, 2014
I love this bag. I am a handbag snob and generally spend nick $$ on leather handbags, but have been eyeing up the Kipling bags for some time now. The price was right and the size is perfect. I wanted a very lightweight bag because my wallet, Kindle, phone and keys add heft. It is definitely a more casual look, but the light color interior makes it very easy to find everything. I also like that it has a nice flat base so that it sits nicely on a counter. I was debating between Baggallini and this bag. The quality on this bag far surpasses the Baggallini. The zippers are smooth with nice pull tabs, the lining and handle and strap material are about 3 times thicker than the Baggallini.

My first Kipling is definitely not my last. I got the True Blue color which is like a navy.
on January 24, 2015
I love everything about this bag! My husband bought me the Sherpa to use as a diaper bag for our 2 year old and newborn but that bag is huge so I will only use it on those days when we will be out all day or for trips. I fell in love with the Defea and had to order this one too. It looks beautiful, the quality is amazing and the size is just perfect for those days when we just have to go to the store or an appointment and won't be out very long. It is very roomy inside. And I love that it has shoulder straps as well as a crossbody strap so I can carry it hands free when I have to juggle my two babies. My two kipling bags are definitely two of the best purchases I have made in a while!
on July 13, 2015
I absolutely LOVE this bag! I ordered it in black and the color is a beautiful true black. The material is a nice durable nylon which is super easy to clean; just wipe it off with a damp cloth or throw it in the washer. The cross-body strap and the shorter handles are the only things not made of nylon. It has 7 outer pockets: 3 zippered on the front; 1 velcro pocket on the front; one velcro pocket on each side (big enough to fit a water bottle) and one zippered pocket on the back. This makes it very easy to organize everything so you don't have to dig around every time you want to find something. The inside has one zippered pocket, 2 gusseted pockets (that comfortably fit a cellphone) and a pen holder. It also has a key lanyard that you can attach your keys to which makes it very very easy to find your keys inside the bag.The shorter handles are shorter than I anticipated. It still fits over my shoulder but just barely. It doesn't bother me too much because if anything, I can just attach the longer cross-body strap. It's a beautiful everyday bag so if you're still unsure of whether or not to buy it: DO IT! It's perfect.