Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS

on April 14, 2011
I got a Kipling backpack because I've seen them and they seemed really durable and great, and my old backpack that I got online was falling apart after 2 months. So I thought Kipling would be a reliable backpack to buy online, and they look really great. Then I was reading the reviews, and I got confused. Half of them say it's a great backpack and it's really durable, and the other half said it was a piece of crap that fell apart really soon. So I was kind of nervous to buy it. I got the Espresso color from Amazon.com. I noticed that there were 2 different sellers for the backpacks, one of them was LuggageXpert and the other was Amazon, so I figured probably one of them was a bad seller and the other was good. Anyway, my backpack got here yesterday and it was in new condition and packaged really well. It had all new tags from Kipling, and inside one of the pockets was a card that said it had a 1 year warranty. I think that still applies even though I got it from Amazon instead of Kipling, but either way that shows that it should last at least a year. I've only used it for one day, and so far it seems durable and like it will last a really long time. I'll write another review if it falls apart, but I don't think it will. Also, it looks really big in the picture, and I didn't really like that because I don't have too many school books and I didn't want to have a half empty backpack. But it really is a lot smaller inside than it looks. I'm not sure if this is a bad thing or a good thing, but to me it's good. It's the perfect size for me. :) It also has more pockets than you can really see in the pictures. In the main pouch there's the laptop protection, which is a pouch of cushioned material with an elastic velcro strap, and there's another cushioned pouch on the other side. Then in the medium pouch there's a smaller zippered pouch. And then there's the smallest pouch, which is actually pretty deep and can fit more than it seems, and there's the pouch on top by the handle and one on the right side, although these are pretty shallow and can't fit much. All in all, I'm really really happy with the product, and would recommend that other people get it too. :)
66 comments86 of 95 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 29, 2012
I was cleaning out my backpack a couple days ago and I realized I couldn't find my review on Amazon for this product. Well, what I can say is that this is an amazing bag! It has just the right amount of padding on the straps to make it easy on your shoulders. There are enough pockets and compartments to keep all your stuff organized. The construction is top notch - I bought this backpack on September 2011, it's nearly August 2012, and I can't find a stitch out of place.

I'm very, very rough on my backpacks. This was used every day as I lugged around heavy textbooks, my laptop, and sometimes even changes of clothing. I took it to the airport as my carry-on bag and it went through security with no problem. I'm used to backpacks lasting me a year at most in highschool...but as a rising sophomore, I see that this is going to last WAY longer! Overall, I'm very pleased.

A word of warning, though: "laptop protection" on this bag is only on the sides...NOT on the bottom of the bag. As in, there is no extra padding where your bag will come in contact with desks/the floor. Since I originally didn't realize this, my laptop got a bit scuffed up on the sides from setting my backpack down too quickly. However, that isn't too much of a drawback. My 16in screen laptop fits perfectly and that can't be said of many backpacks, so I'm very happy with it despite the lack of bottom protection.
22 comments34 of 35 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 5, 2010
I got it yesterday, and I love this bag! I'm a collge student, so I needed a bag that I could put a lot of stuff in. It's large inside, but it doensn't look bulky when you wear it.
0Comment26 of 28 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 29, 2014
The backpack itself is very light, which is a good thing when you carry heavy laptop and books everyday. I would have given a five star if it has side pockets for water bottles.
on May 22, 2010
I love Kipling products so when I bought my 13" macbook pro I knew I had to get this backpack! I just received it 2 days ago and I love the bag. It fits my laptop perfectly, if it was bigger than a 15" laptop I would say it wouldn't fit! I mean it would fit in the slot, but the strap would not Velcro over the laptop, which I am guessing it might not even be necessary. The bag is extremely light weight and comes in many colors. Mine is espresso and my gorilla's name is Danny. This bag has ample space and lots of pockets to meet every ones needs. There is probably nothing negative I could say about this bag- I just love it!
0Comment25 of 33 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 19, 2015
I ordered the Sky Blue Kipling backpack for an upcoming school trip is Europe. I also ordered the matching pencil case. Unfortunately, I never recived the pencil case, but I got two backpacks! I gave the other one to my sister and we both love them. They hold a fair amount and have many pockets. I would recommend this backpack to students and travellers as the organizational pocket is the perfect spot for a passport and other essentials. This backpack will not hold more than a 1 inch staples binder, a huge high school science textbook, large pencil case, big five star notebook and large lunch pail. (If you place the items in pockets.) Other than the absence of an exterior water bottle pocket, this is an awesome backpack.
review image
on February 28, 2010
I just got this bag yesterday (in navy blue) and I love it. The Kipling bags seem to be very well made: They are made out of ultra lightweight material, but it is very, very strong. Likewise, the zippers (and zipper pulls) and the top carry-handle seem to be extremely sturdy. The pocket layout is sensible, with two front pockets and two small top pockets in addition to the main pocket with the padded laptop pouch at the back. And there are two unexpected little touches: a furry gorilla key fob (I hear they name the gorillas after employees; mine is called Kim) and sliding clips to keep the loose ends of the canvas straps from flapping around. Highly recommended.
on November 7, 2015
I love the bag, it has many compartments. I love the fact that there's a place for my ipod as well as my phone. Kipling is known for its durability and practicality. It fits my vaio laptop and there's room for books and the cable. Its a little big if u're looking for smthg small, and if you tend to fill the bag, it'll get heavy easilyb/c it just has lots of roooooooom!!
I recommend.
on October 21, 2015
The zipper is amaaaazing. IT NEVER GETS CAUGHT IN ANYTHING. I'm really picky about zippers, and Kipling so far has the best - zippers. Love, love. But yes it's a little heavier than what I expected it to be, but I've been using the same backpack for half a year at school and still looks like new.
on July 24, 2014
Got the backpack fairly quickly! It is spacious and the straps are not uncomfortable when having a lot of stuff in it. The picture is spot on, on how it looks like in real life, so it's great. I really like it!