5.0 out of 5 stars A fun six-pack
This is the latest Kipper DVD to be added to our collection. It only has six stories, but they're really good ones.

We didn't get the earlier VHS editions, so all the stories are new to my four year old, who thoroughly enjoys them. As a matter of fact, my two year old nephew is now a convert.

The beauty of the DVD edition is the feature which...
Published on March 25, 2005 by Amanda Richards

2.0 out of 5 stars re-cased, same shows
Published on August 14, 2004 by kathleen59

5.0 out of 5 stars A fun six-pack, March 25, 2005
This review is from: Kipper - Kipper Helps Out (DVD)

The beauty of the DVD edition is the feature which allows you to choose an episode, or play them all, or play them all continuously, the last being the favorite pick at our house.

In "The Visitor", Kipper looks after a little lost gosling. This is a good story if your kids are really messy, as Kipper is continuously cleaning up after his little charge.

"Pig's Present" tells of Pig's birthday and all the pets he receives as gifts. The part with the hamster going through Kipper's "obstacle course" is great fun.

"The Butterfly" teaches that the best things in life should be free.

"The Bleepers" will have your kids speaking strangely, and eating lollipops.

Arnold is formally introduced in "Pig's Cousin" - I had previously thought they were brothers.

"The Little Ghost" is the most entertaining story of the lot, with the most "special effects" of any Kipper episode.

If you haven't already seen the early episodes, I strongly recommend this one. If not, borrow it just for "The Little Ghost"

Amanda Richards, March 25, 2005

5.0 out of 5 stars Kipper, still excellent, October 18, 2004
This review is from: Kipper - Kipper Helps Out (DVD)
I always love Kipper, probably even more than my 2 1/2 year old, and there are years to come for her to enjoy them. I like the British humor and the simplicity compared to the chaotic cartoons around. And I like how kind the characters are to one another.

Another reviewer complained that all but one of these stories are repeats, but I have every DVD or video Amazon offers in the Kipper series, and there are no repeats on here or on the 'Kipper Waterplay' DVD. But here is a list of the stories on the 'Kipper Helps Out' DVD:
The Visitor
Pig's Present
The Butterfly
The Bleepers
Pig's Cousin
The Little Ghost

Enjoy!

Update: My daughter is now nearing 3 years of age, and she is a HUGE Kipper fan! She always liked Kipper, but lately is very into all of our Kipper collection, can't get enough. You can't go wrong with any of the Kipper DVDs.

2.0 out of 5 stars re-cased, same shows, August 14, 2004
This review is from: Kipper - Kipper Helps Out (DVD)
While this DVD has a new name, all but one of the 6 episodes are reruns, seen in the other Kipper DVDs and VHS. While this DVD is 109 minutes long, over 60 minutes of that are clips from other HIT shows, or trailers. "The little Ghost" is the only "new" Kipper episode there. Unfortunately, this website does not show that this DVD is full of reruns, so there is no way to know if you are buying something new. The same problem exists with the Kipper show "Water Play", it has all used episodes except for one.

5.0 out of 5 stars My toddler loves it, April 10, 2006
Eszpresszo "Erik's Dad" (Dallas, TX United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kipper - Kipper Helps Out (DVD)
Despite being only 16 months old, my son loves this DVD and he actually sits and watches the stories quite intently, ocassionally talking at the tv screen, or aping the characters' moves. The deliberately slow pace of the stories and slow delivery of the dialogue seems to be easy for him to follow, though he can't understand the words yet. The characters in the stories convey a lot by the expressive nature of their voices, and I think very young children can pick up on this. But, as an adult I found the stories entertaining as well, which underscores the charm of this series of cartoons.

5.0 out of 5 stars Always a big hit!, March 10, 2007
This review is from: Kipper - Kipper Helps Out (DVD)
Kipper, a never ending source of entertainment in our household! I particularly like it for its good language use and word pronunciation; I live in a non-english country and have need of finding other tools (other than my own voice) to assist my 3 year old son with his english vocab. and language. That said, Kipper is a delightful dog with a big heart; he teaches sharing caring and thought assembly. I enjoy all of these movies; this one is my latest and Alex loves it!

5.0 out of 5 stars We love kipper, May 15, 2014
This review is from: Kipper: Kipper Helps Out (Amazon Instant Video)
My husband and I even sit and watch it. Its cute, fun and happy without being annoying like most children shows today. It's simple like a book but entertaining.

5.0 out of 5 stars All Kipper products, March 12, 2014
This review is from: Kipper: Kipper Helps Out (Amazon Instant Video)
Every Kipper product is great. When my granddaughter was in the hospital that was all that she watched. It is quiet and soothing for her;

5.0 out of 5 stars my son loves them all, aged 3.5, January 3, 2005
This review is from: Kipper - Kipper Helps Out (DVD)
every kipper video is simple and easy to watch, with several small episodes per video or dvd. my son has them almost memorize and he loves every one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hip toons that parents can enjoy, December 9, 2004
C. Schutz (Washington, DC) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kipper - Kipper Helps Out (DVD)
This is the first Kipper DVD I bought for my 3 year old. He likes it and so do his parents and even his little friends that come over for play dates. My child now pretends with a British accent!

Kipper episodes aren't filled with the violence, crude language or visual bombardment of other modern day toons. Instead Kipper toons offer a hip soundtrack, simplistic settings, and gentle storylines.

I highly recommend Kipper video for anyone with class.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hackney grandkids love Kipper!!, July 29, 2008
Sally J. Hackney (Deer Creek, IL USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kipper - Kipper Helps Out (DVD)
This is the first choice of my grandkids. Kipper and his friend Tiger are like part of the family. I had almost forgotten about Kipper-my 10 year old grandson liked him. Then I saw someone complain about always getting "Kipper recommendation" in her choices. Kipper is like an old friend back for another extented stay in the Hackney household. WE LOVE KIPPER !!