5.0 out of 5 stars Kipper's Monster - a page turner for my 2 1/2 year old
Published on March 22, 2006 by L. Baty

3.0 out of 5 stars Not my favourite Kipper book.
Published on December 10, 2003 by bcjewel

5.0 out of 5 stars Kipper's Monster - a page turner for my 2 1/2 year old, March 22, 2006
This review is from: Kipper's Monster (Hardcover)
My son loved this book. In fact, we picked it up at the library and I have to admit I was concerned about the "monster" thing. In fact, he loved it so much, I'm buying it for it. We gave our son a flashlight and later that evening we used the flashlight and got under the covers like Kipper and Tiger and he absolutely loved reading the book under the covers with the flashlight! I also used the flashlight to show him how to make shadow puppets, similiar to the snail shadow in the book. He thought all of it was way cool! We read it quite often. My son did not find it "scary" as the previous reviewer, but again, each child is different.

4.0 out of 5 stars It's adorable, June 9, 2013
Kathy Harris "Book Lover" (Lenexa, KS United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kipper's Monster (Hardcover)
I love reading these books with my kids. The Kipper stories are so gentle and even this one which is "scary" there's a sweet, kind humor that shows. I just wish that there were more than one collection or that more of the Kipper books were available in the US without having to purchase them from overseas and ship them.

Still, this was a fun read for my little ones and a go-to nap time story book.

5.0 out of 5 stars love kipper, September 16, 2011
This review is from: Kipper's Monster (Hardcover)
i actually wanted the dvd of this wonderful story... but the book was just as sweet...my grandson and his friend (both mason's) had the experience of spending the night in the tent and every sound was scarey... they would not have made it through the night with out tucker...our jack russell who bravely protected them... my mason is 10 years old now and still loves to watch the kipper videos with me... they are so educational and filled with friendship and love... he even named his parakeet kipper.... thanks so much for the quick delivery too..i purchased several books to give to "little friends"...

3.0 out of 5 stars Not my favourite Kipper book., December 10, 2003
"bcjewel" (Kelowna, BC, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kipper's Monster (Hardcover)
We borrowed this one from the library. In this book, Tiger has a new torch (flashlight, for the non-Brits). He wants to try it out so Kipper and Tiger go for a camp-out in the woods. They are attempting to read a "scary" story, but then they hear a loud "SCREECH" in the woods. The noise is not explained in the book, although the pair guess that it must have been an owl that made the noise. Next a shadow appears on the tent wall. It turns out to be a snail - not scary at all! Finally, the two friends return home and read the book inside the house. Even though this book has a "safe" ending, the screech noise, "scary" book, and shadow on the tent wall did not make this a book that my 3 year old wanted to read again and again. Instead, after one or two readings, it sat on the table, unopened, until it was returned to the library. This is not one that I, personally, would buy.

Kipper's Monster
Kipper's Monster by Mick Inkpen (Hardcover - May 1, 2002)
Used & New from: $0.01