5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!
I haven't seen any reviews so I decided to buy it and try it

This game is great!

Controls: 8/10 The controls were different from all Kirby games that I have played except for Kirby Canvas Curse. Be sure that you know that this game needs a stylus!

Published on September 22, 2011 by sood543210

2.0 out of 5 stars Not the Kirby I'm used to
Published 18 months ago by Jennifer L. Allen

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, September 22, 2011
I haven't seen any reviews so I decided to buy it and try it

This game is great!

Music: 9/10 The music so far is actually pretty good! I'm not sure if it is just me (probably is) but it sounds a old type of music. Like in Pokemon Game Boy versions except a little improved. Has a nice beat and a music player which you can close and listen to music.

Sound: 9.5/10 The Kirby's sounded so cute! They squeal with happiness quite a bit!

Graphics: 10/10 Awesome graphics! The Kirby's were so small and cute with great graphics!

Gameplay: 8.5/10 Can be very hard as you play the game but has lots of minigames also!

Overall 8.5/10 This game is great! The only thing that could make it better is multiplayer.

4.0 out of 5 stars Kirby Kirby Kirby!, October 4, 2011
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Kirby Mass Attack (Video Game)
This game is a great one, focusing on the cuteness of Kirby rather than his trademark ability.

The game is controlled entirely by touch screen; pressing the buttons on your DS does nothing. However, the controls are very simple. It is all very nicely taught to you in the first level. Essentually, you tap where you want the Kirbies to go, and you fling them at various things. There are some tugging puzzles where you have all the Kirbies doing a 'tug of war' with something where you manically press a Kirby-shaped button until it comes loose. It works and it isn't tedious at all, unlike so many touch screen-only games. They've added a half-dozen 'mini' games to the story, but they are actually very fleshed-out. You can really spend three hours playing all the minigames.

The story is that the group called "Skullys" are terrorizing Kirby's world. They break him into ten pieces and now he must find him to become his normal self again. It's this reason that he isn't able to use copy abilities. It's a simple story that is looped together with story book-like story chunks in the beginning, end, and in between worlds.

As for my experience, I've had a ton of fun. I own pretty much every Kirby game that has come out in the US, and this one isn't the best of them, but it is in no way the worst. I found myself wondering exactly what made this a Kirby game, because it is very much like a Pikmin platformer. However, it is a great game that really should not be missed, even if you usually don't like Kirby games.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, October 4, 2011
Morris Levy (Lebanon, NH, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kirby Mass Attack (Video Game)
This game is AWESOME! I haven't played a Nintendo DS game in a long time, and very few have been 1st party games at that... I am simply amazed at the gameplay quality of this title. Much like the very first, "Kirby in Dream Land" for the GameBoy B&W, "Kirby: Mass Attack" raises the bar to a new level. It feels much like Mario vs. Donkey Kong with the craziness of lots of little pink blobs. Gameplay is easy and fast-paced, very fun for all ages. I haven't played my DS in VERY long (last was some Pokémon: Black) but this title re-vitalizes the Nintendo DS portable gaming console. I would buy this again if I had to.

Great title for all ages, young and old. I'm thrilled with it, and definitely buying the Kirby title for Wii as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars sonny76, September 25, 2011
This review is from: Kirby Mass Attack (Video Game)
As a fan of all of the previous Kirby games, this one definitely did not disappoint. The game is really cute and has great replay value, which is good because sometimes you have to play levels more than once to get all the medals. Great game!!

4.0 out of 5 stars One of the Harder Kirby Games, March 1, 2013
= Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Kirby Mass Attack (Video Game)
I got this game on a whim planning to skip it originally, and when I got it, I was surprised at how challenging this Kirby game is.

For one thing, Kirby doesn't have the ability to suck up enemies in this game because the villain cut him into 10 pieces and they represent a little bit of him. Kirby now must gang up on the opponent to do the most amount of damage (and it looks pretty brutal), but heres the thing. If Kirby gets hit once, he turns blue and then if he's hit again, he dies and the only way to bring him back is to flick another Kirby to catch the angel Kirby and bring him back.

This game is hard in the sense that the Kirbys follow the stylus instead of the analog stick making it hard to control them at times. And the ranking system is just brutal when it comes to trying to get a gold metal. To get a gold metal, you can't get hit. If your Kirby's don't die, then you get a silver. If you saved your Kirby's its bronze and then if you don't have all the Kirbys at the end of the level you get nothing.

Other that that hard gripe, there really isn't much to say about this game. Good game but I found it too tedious to play and was more frustrated than having fun. Maybe it's my styulus or touch screen...

5.0 out of 5 stars AHH THE CLASSICS, May 29, 2014
This review is from: Kirby Mass Attack (Video Game)
Bought for my kids. They play it all the time. AWESOME game. And kirby is a hungry little fella. Your kids will love this game.

5.0 out of 5 stars Super Fun Game!, March 14, 2014
This review is from: Kirby Mass Attack (Video Game)
This is the first game I have ever beaten on my own! I didn't have to call my husband in to beat any of the bosses! Some of it was a challenge, but for the most part it was just fun. It has many fun mini-games as well. I would highly recommend this game for all ages!

2.0 out of 5 stars Not the Kirby I'm used to, January 12, 2013
This review is from: Kirby Mass Attack (Video Game)
I bought this hoping it was a "normal" Kirby game where he sucks up his enemies and spits them back out. In this game, the player relies solely on the stylus. The directional buttons do not work at all. The problem with that is, it's hard to get Kirby to do anything you want using only the stylus. I really think the developers should've put more thought into this one, but that's just me. I'm planning to buy a different Kirby game (after carefully reading reviews) and this one will be sold or given away. Very disappointed.

3.0 out of 5 stars Unique but Flawed, December 21, 2011
Neka (California) - See all my reviews
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Kirby Mass Attack (Video Game)
I have to say that I really do like this game and it's a very unique idea, but there are some crippling flaws. For one it's that only side-scroller I have ever played where the camera is actually a problem, and the general control scheme is inaccurate.
If you haven't heard about this game, basically its hook is that Kirby is split up into 10 small versions of himself. You control all of your collected Kirby by way of the touch screen. The Kirbys will follow the stylus, attack things that you tap, etc. It's a very indirect form of control.
Unfortunately this is also the downfall of the game. The camera seems to have trouble deciding where it wants to go. Sometimes it follows the stylus, sometimes it lags behind with the Kirbys. I think it would've worked better if you just controlled one Kirby, then all the other Kirbys would just follow the one you were controlling.
Anyway, even though the control scheme is innovative, it often ramps up the frustration factor. It's very annoying to lose 3 Kirbys because you couldn't flick all of them at the same time, or some of them fell behind so you had to abandon them.

Even so, the game is a decent platformer. The levels are decently designed and the series retains its charm. It's just the control that kills me on this.

5.0 out of 5 stars We all love it, May 29, 2014
This review is from: Kirby Mass Attack (Video Game)
The game works great. The whole family has enjoyed playing it at one time or another since we purchased it.

Kirby Mass Attack
Kirby Mass Attack by Nintendo (Nintendo DS)
$29.99 $13.61