Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Kirby Mass Attack
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro STEM

Format: Video Game|Change

on September 22, 2011
I haven't seen any reviews so I decided to buy it and try it

This game is great!

Controls: 8/10 The controls were different from all Kirby games that I have played except for Kirby Canvas Curse. Be sure that you know that this game needs a stylus!

Music: 9/10 The music so far is actually pretty good! I'm not sure if it is just me (probably is) but it sounds a old type of music. Like in Pokemon Game Boy versions except a little improved. Has a nice beat and a music player which you can close and listen to music.

Sound: 9.5/10 The Kirby's sounded so cute! They squeal with happiness quite a bit!

Graphics: 10/10 Awesome graphics! The Kirby's were so small and cute with great graphics!

Gameplay: 8.5/10 Can be very hard as you play the game but has lots of minigames also!

Overall 8.5/10 This game is great! The only thing that could make it better is multiplayer.
22 comments|48 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 4, 2011
This game is a great one, focusing on the cuteness of Kirby rather than his trademark ability.

The game is controlled entirely by touch screen; pressing the buttons on your DS does nothing. However, the controls are very simple. It is all very nicely taught to you in the first level. Essentually, you tap where you want the Kirbies to go, and you fling them at various things. There are some tugging puzzles where you have all the Kirbies doing a 'tug of war' with something where you manically press a Kirby-shaped button until it comes loose. It works and it isn't tedious at all, unlike so many touch screen-only games. They've added a half-dozen 'mini' games to the story, but they are actually very fleshed-out. You can really spend three hours playing all the minigames.

The story is that the group called "Skullys" are terrorizing Kirby's world. They break him into ten pieces and now he must find him to become his normal self again. It's this reason that he isn't able to use copy abilities. It's a simple story that is looped together with story book-like story chunks in the beginning, end, and in between worlds.

As for my experience, I've had a ton of fun. I own pretty much every Kirby game that has come out in the US, and this one isn't the best of them, but it is in no way the worst. I found myself wondering exactly what made this a Kirby game, because it is very much like a Pikmin platformer. However, it is a great game that really should not be missed, even if you usually don't like Kirby games.
on October 4, 2011
This game is AWESOME! I haven't played a Nintendo DS game in a long time, and very few have been 1st party games at that... I am simply amazed at the gameplay quality of this title. Much like the very first, "Kirby in Dream Land" for the GameBoy B&W, "Kirby: Mass Attack" raises the bar to a new level. It feels much like Mario vs. Donkey Kong with the craziness of lots of little pink blobs. Gameplay is easy and fast-paced, very fun for all ages. I haven't played my DS in VERY long (last was some Pokémon: Black) but this title re-vitalizes the Nintendo DS portable gaming console. I would buy this again if I had to.

Great title for all ages, young and old. I'm thrilled with it, and definitely buying the Kirby title for Wii as well.
on September 25, 2011
As a fan of all of the previous Kirby games, this one definitely did not disappoint. The game is really cute and has great replay value, which is good because sometimes you have to play levels more than once to get all the medals. Great game!!
on March 14, 2014
This is the first game I have ever beaten on my own! I didn't have to call my husband in to beat any of the bosses! Some of it was a challenge, but for the most part it was just fun. It has many fun mini-games as well. I would highly recommend this game for all ages!
on March 1, 2013
I got this game on a whim planning to skip it originally, and when I got it, I was surprised at how challenging this Kirby game is.

For one thing, Kirby doesn't have the ability to suck up enemies in this game because the villain cut him into 10 pieces and they represent a little bit of him. Kirby now must gang up on the opponent to do the most amount of damage (and it looks pretty brutal), but heres the thing. If Kirby gets hit once, he turns blue and then if he's hit again, he dies and the only way to bring him back is to flick another Kirby to catch the angel Kirby and bring him back.

This game is hard in the sense that the Kirbys follow the stylus instead of the analog stick making it hard to control them at times. And the ranking system is just brutal when it comes to trying to get a gold metal. To get a gold metal, you can't get hit. If your Kirby's don't die, then you get a silver. If you saved your Kirby's its bronze and then if you don't have all the Kirbys at the end of the level you get nothing.

Other that that hard gripe, there really isn't much to say about this game. Good game but I found it too tedious to play and was more frustrated than having fun. Maybe it's my styulus or touch screen...
on January 3, 2016
Being the last Kirby game on the Nintendo DS, Mass Attack is an interesting game that no one comes to expect. Payed it for a cheap price online was a reasonable to give it my best shot. After playing, it was the most challenging platformer that I didn't expect see this coming.

The graphics look beautiful, the side-games are fun, and controlling with the stylus is very unique. Be warn that holding the stylus might be painful to play or likely be frustrating when you are not plan correctly.

But still, Mass Attack is a unique Kirby game. It's not the "true" Kirby game you're looking for, but it is a solid DS game that fans will like bits of challenges.
on March 26, 2016
One of those games that my kids are so excited about and love to play but holds 0 interest for me.

They're kids. It's a simple game with a E rating so if you let your kids play games it's a good option that they will probably love and you wont understand.
on December 31, 2011
I am a major Kirby fan & recently (finally) got a DS this year. I have played all of the previous pre-DS Kirby games, and was looking forward to Mass Attack. Though not having played any Kirby DS games, I didn't really know what to expect. I thought it would probably just be very repetitive and I'd sort of have to drag through it after a while. It was a pleasant surprise to see that I was wrong. I could not stop playing this game until I basically gave myself a headache (I'd play it for like 4-5 hours straight). I really enjoyed how there was always something new in the stages/levels. Different scenery, soundtracks, different things you had to do, different enemies, etc. This was a big change from the Gameboy days, where levels would start to just blur together. I also really enjoy the extras that you get from getting medals during the stages/levels. It adds another experience to the game, if you get a little tired out of playing the actual story mode. I don't know if previous Kirby DS games were like this, but I also really enjoy the controls. It makes you more involved than just clicking a button over and over again, though your hand sometimes gets tired tapping. Overall I really enjoy this game. The only thing I could say I dislike, is how you can die if you get hit/damaged twice. This is not an issue for me with all of the kirbies (since you can catch the dead and bring them back to life), but if you are in a tank/space ship in the middle of the stage and you get hit twice, then you die & have to restart the stage. It's just a bit frustrating to have to restart the stage, especially if you keep dying at that one part.

PS. This game is also insanely adorable. I really do hope they make more Kirby games.
on October 30, 2013
This is almost like some weird hybrid of Kirby and Pikman... it's just crazy fun all the way. The gameplay is very original and addicting -- and if you're a fan of using the stylus in your gameplay, this game really takes advantage of it.

This is a fairly old game at this point, from the latter days of the DS system, but defnitely still give it a try. It looks great, even without the 3D, and is as good as any other Kirby game I've ever played -- which is saying a lot.