5.0 out of 5 stars Eye serum
I have been using it but no longer available at Costco. It is the best eye cream I have ever used. Non-greasy, soothing and moisturizing.
Published 13 months ago by mary adriance

2.0 out of 5 stars Product balls up, directions say you can't apply to eyelids
I got this at Costco because I love the Kirkland Borghese purifying cleanser and because I needed an eye product of some sort to help with dryness I've been experiencing from seasonal allergies and whatnot.
Published on May 24, 2012 by Blitz

2.0 out of 5 stars Product balls up, directions say you can't apply to eyelids, May 24, 2012
This review is from: Kirkland Signature by Borghese Intensive Eye Serum 0.5 Oz (Pack of 2) (Misc.)
The good news is that this product does a good job staving off dryness and feels incredibly refreshing. The bad news (for me) is the directions explicitly say not to apply to eyelids, which is annoying because that's where I'm experiencing most of my dry-skin issues is on my eyelid area. Am I supposed to get another special eye product just for eyelids or what? Seems kind of dumb that I have to have a special product for eyes so I don't get milia but then that eye product instructs that you're not to put it on your eyelids! So basically, this product is specially made for just a pinky-tip circle of skin - under eyes and the brow bone. What a waste of time. It would be like making a special nose cream that can only be applied to the skin of your nostrils, but if you want the rest of your nose cared for, well, you're going to have to get another product specially formulated for the rest of your nose. What the heck?

That however is not why I'm rating this product 2 stars, since this product is explicit about where it is and is not to be applied, and my annoyance with that has nothing to do with whether this product, as intended, is good or not. I'm giving it a 2-star rating for balling up.

The directions say to apply to clean face morning and evening. I would say to only apply this at night, not in the morning because, while this product does dry and absorb fast, when you go to put on your makeup, this serum, once dry, balls up if anything touches the areas it's been applied to, and little balls of dried up serum get in your make-up applicator brushes and all over your face, and you get to have the pleasure of trying to pick off these dumb little balls of dried up product off of your face and out of your brushes.
It does moisturize the skin, so I know at least some of it is getting absorbed, so it must be leaving a film or something, like when pudding forms a skin if exposed to air too long. Gross.
It also balls up at night too, if you barely touch the areas around your eyes you get little balls of product on your fingers and on your face. The only products I've ever used before that "balled up" on me were from worthless make-up primers (e.g. Smashbox). And even those didn't ball up as badly as this Borghese eye serum does. What a pain.

I will not be buying this product again and do not recommend it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Works okay, but I need to cover all of my eyes, March 27, 2013
I agree with others that it's silly to forbid us to use this on my eyelids. So I did. And I discovered why: the product creeps down into my eyes and stings like a mother. Very disappointing product in that respect.

I never experienced balling up as someone else has. But I never rub it on - just dotted it on. Oh well, probably an individual experience.

I continue to use it, as I have for a few months, and it works okay. Keeps my eyes from getting dry. But when this is done I'll go back to ROC eye cream which I think works better and doesn't neglect my eyelids.

5.0 out of 5 stars Eye serum, December 8, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Great eye serum, June 11, 2014
Great eye product at a good price. Too bad Costco/Kirkland discontinued. I like the way it made my eyes feel and look. Comparable products much higher priced.

2.0 out of 5 stars Wanted to like this, but it irritated my skin, January 31, 2012
I tried this product for the first time last night. I was very excited to try a new eye cream that seemed to have numerous beneficial ingredients at an affordable price. Throughout the day today, I noticed that the skin around my eyes was somewhat dry and off-and-on itchy. I did not think anything of it, as I sometimes suffer from eczema and hives. However, tonight I decided to do a side-by-side comparison with my old standby Boscia Amino eye gel. After using the Boscia on my left eye and the Borghese on my right eye, I waited about 20 minutes. The skin around my eye on the right (Borghese) side appeared red. Although both products had caused a tingling sensation after application, the skin on the right side had tingled more. Because I do not believe that my skin should appear red after using a skincare product, I will be returning this product. Hopefully others will have a more positive experience.. it was such a good price!

4.0 out of 5 stars Use As Directed, July 26, 2013
I can't attest to the product "balling up" during makeup application but I can say it's a suitable moisturizer. My mom bought the two-pack at Costco and gave me one with the warning that "it makes a better hand lotion than eye cream". I haven't tried it on my hands but it works perfectly on my eyes. In regards to the instruction not to apply it to the eyelids (but only the under eye and brow bone area) there's a reason why: it hurts when it gets in your eye. Like most eye creams it contains a peptide which stimulates skin cells to absorb water, reducing wrinkles. That said, it can cause stinging and irritation of the eye itself. I applied it to my lids but carefully as to not get it close to my lash line. Still, the cream is powerful enough that my eyes watered through the night and were pink in the morning. I use this product nightly, with caution, at my own discretion. If I wake up with weepy eyes it's my own fault. Used as directed its excellent but beware if you you choose to apply it as you wish.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this eye Serum, May 12, 2014
I had been using this for about 2 years but Costco discontinued carrying it. I was really happy to find it on Amazon. This is a nice under eye serum to be used before makeup. It feels great and smoothes out the lines around the eye.

4.0 out of 5 stars would buy again, April 25, 2014
Can't find it at Costco anymore but I would buy it again. Helps to reduce my dark circles which is important to me. Light and non grasy formula and i never experienced irritation using this product. I would recommend to others at the Costco price.

5.0 out of 5 stars just perfect, April 23, 2014
I absolutely love the Kirkland Signature by Borghese Intensive Eyey Serum, it works wonders, i wish it could be for purchase st Costco again.

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok, not amazing., April 1, 2014
I've been using this for a few months now, and generally it is ok, but I've noticed dry creases under my eyes recently. I use it day and night after toner and moisturizer. It's just not absorbing as much as I need right now. Granted, I'm in a very dry climate with super-thirsty skin (even though I drink at least 2-3 litres of water daily). I am 29.
Otherwise it has a nice scent, isn't greasy, stings only when you get it in your eyes, and the container lasts a long time.