5.0 out of 5 stars Kirkland wool socks
Bought these to go with new hiking gear for hiking/camping I am getting into. I have become a big fan of wool socks, wearing mainly Ultimax and Wigwag. I sort of took a chance, as I had never owned Kirkland socks, but a pack of four is a good deal.

Published 16 months ago by Eric N

3.0 out of 5 stars Good fit, warm enough if you double up.
I wore these socks when it was 28 degrees in Colorado. These socks are not warm enough with just one pair on inside your boots. it is necessary to put two pairs on or wear them with a thicker sock over them, but they are sufficient for the price I paid for them.
Published 6 months ago by Nurselaynee

5.0 out of 5 stars Kirkland wool socks, August 2, 2013

The bottom line is they're great! The are roomy, wick away moisture, don't bunch up, do not chafe or create blisters, and even after an hour or two in hiking boots, my feet were not dying from the heat. They wash well, too.

So, from someone who has become a bit of a snob, get 'em.....you'll like them!

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good value!, June 10, 2013
I am getting 4 pairs of socks for no more than 1.5 times the price of 1 pair from some of the more popular brands that have established a standard for other socks to go by.

The last wool socks I tried were $12 a pair at the surplus store. The other pair I got from a sporting good store chain that cost about the same. The surpls store's socks were 85% wool (pretty thick) and they served me well into the 20's in shoes or boots that had no insulation. The other socks shedded fiber untill they had big holes in them at the heels within 30 days of wear.

After a couple weeks I notice no wear in these Kirkland socks beyond some very minimal bunching of the fabric on the part that covers your calf and ankles. I was the socks with cold water and no bleach and leave them out to air dry.

I consider these socks to be above average in quality and I don't consider a dime spent on them to have gone to waste thus far.

4.0 out of 5 stars Warmie Woolies, November 15, 2013
Rosc (Northeast Pa.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kirkland Signature Men's Outdoor Trail Sock Merino Wool Blend (Sports)
As part of my never-ending quest for warm appendages, I've become very fond of wool socks, especially merino because it's soft and not itchy like regular wool.

These are Costco's brand wool socks, and they're a decent pick for this low price ($20ish for 4 pairs.) Merino prices have gone up considerably in the last 3 years, so it's getting hard to find good merino socks for less than $5/pair. Get em while you can.

Compared to my Wigwam 40 Below socksWigwam Men's 40 Below Socks or something like Remington or Kodiak hunters' wool socks, these are a medium-thick sock. I think merino is warmer than regular wool, so they don't need to be as thick to provide the same degree of warmth.

One of the best things about wool, it dries quickly. So, even when my feet are wet from perspiration, the socks will dry out in about 10 minutes once I take off my shoes.

These are great socks. I have about a dozen good merino wool socks already but I'll buy more of these when I have some extra money! The merino socks that I wear on a daily basis, once the cold weather starts (Sept-May here in Northeast PA), have lasted well over 3 years, only one pair developed a hole in the heels so far (and that's because I forget to put on slippers, and wear them while walking on carpet.)

5.0 out of 5 stars buy it at costco if you can, October 12, 2013
Bought these for $12 at costco. I highly recommend them. they are extremely soft and extremely comfortable. $12 for 4 was a STEAL!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Not as nice as Wigwams, but still very comfy., October 18, 2013
Richard S. Sims (Hamilton Township, NJ) - See all my reviews
These socks are a nice lightweight wool sock. I absolutely love Wigwam thick warm socks like the 40 below, but at 15 or so bucks a pair, they're a little pricey. Getting 4 of these for under 20 is well worth the price...

5.0 out of 5 stars great, January 19, 2012
Awsome, i have tried inji socks, smart wool,and wigwam but these are the best hiking socks i have ever worn, and the price was great!

4.0 out of 5 stars A Goldilocks Solution, December 17, 2013
Peter L. Dworkin (Upstate NY, United States) - See all my reviews
There seems to be a kind of donut hole in casual or sports sock pricing. One can find cheap poly or cotton /poly socks which disappoint, or break the bank on really comfortable wool.

These strike a very reasonable balance - they contain merino wool and are comfortable and reasonably nicely made, and they sell at a very good price point. I intend to make them my default sports sock.

5.0 out of 5 stars Goody Woolies, December 10, 2013
These are really good socks. I wear them summer / winter and have comfy feet every time.\They keep my feet warm, and are never soggy in the summer....breath nicely.
They do not last forever though..the pile and wear abit more than I expected.

5.0 out of 5 stars so nice I bought them twice...and would again, December 10, 2013
So nice I bought them twice! (honest)
My husband really needed new socks...some of the other brands match these..but are 25 bucks a pair!
These are a great buy, wash well and I will order them again...without a doubt in my mind.
Yes, he loves them to...very well made, thick soles and good arch support.

5.0 out of 5 stars Small enough for my little bitty feet and warm too, January 5, 2014
Jake (Phoenix, AZ United States) - See all my reviews
I needed warm socks, wanted wool socks. I had purchased 3 pairs of another brand, but when I wanted to get more, the Costco was completely out of Wool socks of any kind.

Kirkland is Costco's house brand so I figured they would probably be OK, and I got them in 2 days with Amazon Prime.

These socks hug the middle of your foot. They have a little extra padding on the bottom. They are warm. I have small feet (even for a woman). These are roomy but not too big to wear with my boots. Looks like they will do the trick.

Just ran them through the wash the first time after wearing them all. So far so good.