5.0 out of 5 stars Costco changed this shake - Very disappointing
This is my favorite weight loss shake. It doesn't have any artificial sweetener in it. After replacing just one meal a day for 10 days, I was down 6 pounds. It fills me up and tastes great.
Published 18 months ago by Amazon Customer

1.0 out of 5 stars New Kirkland Weight Loss Shake Taste Awful
I am a working guy. I have been drinking the Kirkland weight loss shake as a convenient way to have chocolate milk with my lunch. I also found them a low cost way to get extra calories as I wasn't drinking them to replace a meal. I just liked them better than drinking soda, plus they seem to have the added advantage of being loaded with vitamins

The new...
Published 16 months ago by Stikiniki

5.0 out of 5 stars Costco changed this shake - Very disappointing, June 11, 2013
This review is from: Kirkland Signature Weight Loss Shake, Milk Chocolate Flavor, 24-pack 11-fl. Oz. (Health and Beauty)
I went to Costco to buy another case last week and discovered that the packaging is different, plastic bottles instead of cans and that the ingredients are different. The shake now has Sucralose (Splenda) in it instead of sugar. I would much rather have 40 (or so) extra calories than ingest Splenda. I used a weight loss shake with Sucrolose/Splenda in it for 60 days, it was supposed to be a 90 day challenge, and gained weight. See this link: http://www.splendaexposed.com/
There is a lot of research about artificial sweeteners out there. I am very disappointed in Costco for changing the formula.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great meal replacement, February 11, 2013
Tam N (Garden Grove, CA) - See all my reviews
Maybe I'm not as weight loss oriented or nutritionally in the know, but coming from an engineering background it seems as though rather than going for "no fat" or "all/high protein" these shakes seem to more balanced in terms of % of daily values. Nearly all vitamins are 35% percent of the daily intake. As far as calories go, its 230 calories which if you consider the daily recommended values, 20% of your daily value is protein and 15% is carbs, 3% from fats. I think some gripe about the sugars, but unless your on some sort of crash diet it does not seem sustainable to not have any carbs. This is a great replacement for a breakfast before work when I would usually grab some fast food. I would recommend it for someone who needs a quick balanced snack or meal, but of course everyone's nutritional needs/goals are different so I would consider/review each product for its targeted goal rather than your own needs.

1.0 out of 5 stars New Kirkland Weight Loss Shake Taste Awful, September 2, 2013

The new packaging is a little more difficult to open.

The new recipe taste AWFUL!!!

I will be taking the unfinished drinks back to get all my money back.

1.0 out of 5 stars This was the only decent weight loss pre-made shake on the market!, August 1, 2013
I can't eat first thing in the morning and I'm always running late. I drank one in the morning to take with my supplements. I researched forever for a pre-made shake that didn't have all the artificial stuff in it. I literally googled every ingredient!! PLEASE bring back this shake!! The new one is horrible and NOT GOOD FOR YOU! Here you have organic stuff and then you did this!! Who was in charge of this decision, Costco??

2.0 out of 5 stars It's Going to Be Hard to Finish the Case, October 3, 2012
Conspicuous Consumer (Georgia Regents University) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Kirkland sells such high-rated products that I decided to buy these Kirkland Weight Loss Shakes instead of my usual Slimfast. While I didn't expect them to be as good, I didn't expect them to be this bad.

They have an artificial taste, thinner and less chocolaty than Slimfast. I drink a 1/2 bottle of Slimfast every morning with my vitamins whereas one of these cans will last a week because I only drink enough to get the vitamins down.

If Costco was giving these cans away for free I wouldn't take them but I might be able to finish the case I bought.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, January 27, 2014
David Jones (WESTON, MA, US) - See all my reviews
New product should be better than old, but not true with this. Old product came in cans, easier to open, but most importantly the new tastes awful compared with the old. I will continue to buy, but hope Costco has the wisdom to bring back the old.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as before or slimfast, November 4, 2013
S. Furlong "luvtomeeturfeet" (Los Angeles, CA United States) - See all my reviews
new formula in the pastic bottle tastes really gross, especially compared to the good tasting newer slimfast formula. It has a kind of "factory" taste that is not natural, almost like you can taste the machine or the line they were made on.

1.0 out of 5 stars DONT BUY THESE!!!!!!!!!, June 13, 2012
These shakes are full of sugar!!!! 38 grams with 44 grams of carbs and only 10 grams of protien. They are horrible for you! Its better to get an EAS shake/ready to drink. Wayyyyy more protien and 4grams or less of sugar, depending on the kind you choose. The kirklands shakes are a waste of money...I should have read the label first...silly me!

1.0 out of 5 stars Unhealthy Plastic Bottle Replacement!!!, December 3, 2013
I just went to Costco to purchase my usual Kirkland Weight Loss Shakes and see they changed from a can to a really Unhealthy Plastic Bottle Replacement!!! The bottle is tiny, difficult to open and the rim of the bottle is really sharp...What were they thinking???? The ingredients have changed also and full of sugar, the taste was not pleasant at all. I will no longer be buying anymore of these shakes because of the plastic bottle replacement alone which are full of carcinogens I would rather keep out my system. So disappointed as Costco's quality has been going downhill this past couple of years clearly cutting corners to save money that is noticeable to the customer!

5.0 out of 5 stars Time To Gain Control!, August 22, 2011
Gary Peterson (San Diego, California USA) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
The time has come to go on a diet and take off ten pounds of excess weight. Groan! I hate diets. But, they're just a matter of gaining control and changing the eating habits. I've successfully gone through many diets. The real trick is watching yourself in between diets.

The first thing I do is adjusting the quality and quantity of food. Fats and sugar are reduced down to a minimum. Lean meats are substituted for those that I seem to prefer, and the quantity is reduced. Portion control is essential. My wife and I find that in most restaurants a single meal is usually more than enough for the both of us. Control at home is a lot easier, so more often we eat at home. There's nothing drastic here, just an increase in care.

Breakfast is the most important meal, so the cutback her is the least. Lunch should be adequate, but never excessive and a lot of fruits and fresh veggies are entered. For most people, dinner is the biggest meal of the day. Here's where we curtail the most. Just a small nutritious snack will do. Then I like to add a can of Kirkland Signature Weight Loss Shake. It tastes a lot like a rich chocolate milk. It's nutrition packed and is very satisfying. If I feel no particular hunger, then I'll have the shake only. I have no trouble at all if I stick to this regimen. In two to three months, I'll be down ten pounds. I've used the product successfully several times in the past and I've always had good luck with it. Right at the moment, I'm thinking of extending it and going for 20. That seems like a good idea.

Gary Peterson