Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro

Format: Kindle Edition|Change

My Review:

Please let there be more of these little novellas to come for this wonderful town of Serendipity. There are so many wonderful stories to tell in this little town and if they are all as good as this one and the first book, then we NEED them all!

Kismet features the story of Trevor and Lissa. They were high school sweethearts from the wrong side of the tracks, but completely in love. Trevor didn't have the confidence in that love though and decided that they needed to take a break. Lissa, heartbroken and dejected, drank too much and made a single horrible decision that ended up with her pregnant and in an awful marriage. Neither of them ever recovered from those events or the abrupt ending to any possibility of a future for them.

So when Lissa is assigned to interview Trevor for her job ten years later, things heat up between them quite quickly. I love a good angsty love story and this one was PERFECT! So much heartbreak between these two...for both of them. They both made horrible decisions and paid an awful price for that. But what is VERY obvious is that neither of them ever got over their feelings for the other. Now it's just a matter of if they can move PAST what happened to them in the past so that they can have a future.

I really loved Lissa's character. I wasn't a huge fan of her's in Serendipity (no huge surprise there...she wasn't a very nice person), but I just loved her in this. Suddenly all of her actions make so much more sense. One single bad decision on her part which probably only covered a two hour span of her life, ruined her entire future. How can you not feel badly for her especially knowing how much she regrets what happened. She's made the best out of her circumstances and hasn't wallowed which is so admirable, because she has a LOT that she could wallow about.

I love how willing Trevor is to accept that he made some serious mistakes and assumptions about Lissa. He's matured so much over the ten year span and after his initial reaction, begins to realize his mistakes. He's a great character.

And this was quite simply a great novella. I truly loved it!
on November 10, 2012
3.5stars Cloyingly Sweet

This short engages you immediately and takes you back to the small town of Serendipity and is a passable mind mint. While part of a series you will not be lost if you read out of order. This one is also not one of the brothers.

Often re-connection stories tend to endlessly rake over the reasons a couple broke up until you wonder why they would ever get back together. Although the subject is broached here, there's more info about what's transpired in their time apart and how they could get together based on their lives now rather than them seeing their younger selves. Lissa Gardelli has long recovered from her bad marriage after an unplanned teen pregnancy but never stopped loving her adorable but poor suitor, (that has now made good) Trevor Dane. Trevor on the other hand has been plagued with thoughts of his old flame living the high life in a happy wealthy marriage though he has found no other woman to take her place. These two don't waste much time getting back together and make good characters together and apart.

While a quick easy read, and part of the overall series, you'd be fine without this entry (unless you are a complete-ist).
on November 24, 2011
This is a great short story. I have not read the other books in the series but this has made me want to read all of them. This was a fast read but well worth the 99 cents to download the book and the time it took to read it. This book has a great plot with great characters. I wish it was a full length book. I will look for other books by this author.
on March 8, 2012
Kismet
Reviewed by Francesca & posted at Under The Covers Book Blog

We met Lissa in book one where for most of the book she was bitchy to Faith, the heroine of Serendipity. Her career as a journalist seemed to be going nowhere and she had divorced her cheating husband and was now a single working mother.

I was not expecting to like Lissa. I'll just put that out there. So starting from that point I have to say she was a completely different woman in this short story. I honestly felt for her and her situation. She didn't come from a money family, and she dated the son of the high school janitor while in school. All was fine until they have a huge fight, break up, and she gets comfort from her ex-boyfriend...And just happens to get pregnant.

Now fast forward ten years, she married the guy that knocked her up but she was miserable the whole time. He cheated on her, treated her as less than, until she finally got the guts to leave him.

Then Faith comes along and her career takes off! So now her next assignment is to interview successful young men in the area. And Trevor Dane is up. Yes, you guessed it. That was her high school sweetheart, the son of the janitor. He went on to do something great with his life and now that she's free, she might hope to get another chance at that spark they always had.

And sparks they have! I think these two are such a cute couple, I can't say it enough. Trevor is just to die for, Lissa is very likeable when she's with him. And they just worked for me.

This story, even though short, was very sweet and very sexy. I was glued to it until I finished it and then wanted more! Can't wait to read book 2 now!

Release Date: November 16, 2011
on November 29, 2011
Getting a second chance at love is the main theme in this short story by Carly Phillips that has us once again visiting the town of Serendipity. We meet the main character Lissa in the first book in the series and now it's her chance to tell her story. She reconnects with a past love that she never quite got over with. The same can be said for Trevor Dane as Lissa is the one that got away. They now have the opportunity to make up for lost time, but that's easier said than done when a child is involved. They both live different lives now and have to decide if they really want to become serious.

Although Lissa's character has a difficult side that we have seen in the 1st book, there's also a side to her that hopes for more in her life. She's actually strong willed as she has had to deal with much in her past as the result of getting pregnant at an early age. But she doesn't regret anything because her daughter is the most important part if her life and you can feel that importance through the writing. Although we don't read a lot about Trevor in the 1st book, I felt I knew him pretty well by the end of the story. It's obvious that he has deep feelings for Lissa and I enjoyed reading them fall for each other again.

I felt that Kismet was extremely well written and enjoyable. Sometimes when reading a novella I am unsatisfied and feel as if the storyline just wasn't enough. I did not feel that way at all while reading Kismet and it's because Carly Phillips did such a great job writing it. It was interesting from start to finish and you can't help but love Lissa and Trevor after you're done reading it.
on November 28, 2011
Finally after landing her dream job as a journalist, Elisabetta Gardelli is very much determined to make it on her own. With serving coffee and a divorce behind her, she has a series of interviews about entrepreneurs who have made it to the top at a young age. The one thing Lissa wasn't expecting was to have to interview her very first love Trevor Dane.

Lissa hasn't seen Trevor since he left Serendipity. The only issue is that they both really haven't moved on from the teenage love affair. Now this reunion could be their second chance of true love or closure they both need to move on. Can Trevor finally forgive the woman who broke his heart?

You get to meet Lissa in the first book of the series and although I didn't enjoy her then I have to say she is one of my favorite characters now. After reading about her story I can finally see why she was the way she was. It all makes sense. She gets the chance to reconnect with her past love she never quite got over which I happened to think was bitter sweet.

Carly Phillips writes an outstanding short story about love, heartbreak and forgiveness. It was more than enjoyable to read. Kismet was well written and I didn't feel cheated out of a story because it was short. It started and ended in a way that is unforgettable and all of it was actually wrapped up perfectly. Phillips has a special way of making you fall in love with her characters. Kismet was really a special treat to the Serendipity series and I can't wait to continue on reading. This is a must buy for all those who believe a happily ever after can actually happen.

Happy Reading!!!
on November 25, 2012
When an author connects stories together and uses the same characters in another story, it keeps me engaged and more excited to see what'll happen next. Carlton Phillips does this repeatively and I enjoy it.
on January 5, 2012
This book was fantastic. She is such a great author. Super sexy heroes and great women they fall in love with. The perfect afternoon read!
on April 8, 2013
Short and sweet. But also a bit of a tear jerker. It's nice th hat the secondary characters get there own short story. I love reading about everyone and keeping the stories going
on June 17, 2012
As always a great read from Carly Phillips. I can't wait for her next 3 Serendipity series. She can keep you wanting more. I read the first 3 of this series in books.