Professional restaurant supplies Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc The Jayhawks Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing May4th

on August 21, 2012
DJ Khaled is back with his sixth album "Kiss The Ring" which has a few good moments but overall the album is average. I know a lot of people can't stand Khaled because of his constant shouting on songs, but I like Khaled he's cool.
But anyway I'll give a track by track review... *This review is for the standard edition*

1. "Shout Out to the Real" (featuring Meek Mill, Ace Hood and Plies)
The album starts off strong with this track, even though this is typical song you would expect from from these three as the hook goes "Shoutout to real n***** and shoutout to the real b******, I'm poppin bottles wit my real n***** Its like a full time job not to kill n*****", The beat is dope and they all did their thing.

2. "B****** & Bottles (Let's Get It Started)" (featuring Lil Wayne, T.I. and Future)
Future is the go to guy as far as catchy songs go nowadays, so of course Khaled wasn't gonna miss out on that feature, future is on the hook (in auto-tune as usual) and T.I. and Wayne have one verse a piece. If you love what they play on the radio you'll love this track. I can see this being a single.

3. "I Wish You Would" (featuring Kanye West and Rick Ross)
Kanye rapping in auto-tune for no reason at all and it gets annoying. Basically the song is saying they wish you would try to play them. Kanye seems out of place rapping gangsta, and you know what to expect from Ross already. This song is just ok, nothing special..

4. "Take It to the Head" (featuring Chris Brown, Rick Ross, Nicki Minaj and Lil Wayne)
The first single, Chris Brown on the hook, Nicki surprised me because she didn't rap in that annoying voice she usually does. I liked this song at first but now I just skip it.

5. "They Ready" (featuring J. Cole, Big K.R.I.T. and Kendrick Lamar)
The collaboration all the bloggers been waiting for, this is dope. All three of them held it down on here. If your a fan of these dudes then you know they gon bring the lyrics. Kendrick steals the show on here though.

6. "I'm So Blessed" (featuring Big Sean, Wiz Khalifa, Ace Hood and T-Pain)
This track is self explanatory, basically they successful, they made it, enjoying life, etc... Wiz does a Bone Thugs impression as he does a harmonizing/rap verse.

7. "Hip Hop" (featuring Scarface, Nas and DJ Premier)
Nas and Scarface describe Hip Hop as a girl, you gotta pay close attention to the verses, also Preemo does the scratches.

Scarface said "She used to tell me she was all mine/Now the only way I see the broad is online/I'm doing drugs trying to feel you/I'm killing me trying to kill you/I built my whole life around you"

Nas said "Confused fans think that she illuminates demonic/But she's the object of my affections, God's essence, God bless her/She bought me Bentleys, Breitlings, made some friends resent me/For writing about my life, they thought I should have stayed quiet/She took me to places I would have never saw without her".

8. "I Did It For My Dawgz" (featuring Rick Ross, Meek Mill, French Montana and Jadakiss)
I like track as well, their verses was cool, although I can see alot of people hating it because of Rick Ross And French Montanas repetitive chanting hook saying "I did it for my dawz", but nonetheless its catchy and the beat is dope.

9. "I Don't See 'Em" (featuring Birdman, Ace Hood and 2 Chainz)
Another song where you already know what to expect from these artist. To sum this track up, 2 Chainz got his shades on in the club he don't see you h***.. When they in the club the dont see you.

10. "Don't Pay 4 It" (featuring Wale, Tyga, Mack Maine and Kirko Bangz)
They not paying for no p**** at all, the ladies should pay them... thats what this song is about. On another note Kirko Bangz comes off sounding like Drake.

11. "Suicidal Thoughts" (featuring Mavado)
I'm not even gonna lie, I do not understand what hes saying on here but the beat is knocking and its something you can bob your head to.

12. "Outro (They Don't Want War)" (featuring Ace Hood)
DJ Khaled ordering food in the beginning of the track, then he proceeds to rap. He only raps one verse, and Ace Hood does the hook. This track is forgettable.

The only songs I can see myself listening to again are, "Shoutout To The Real", They Ready", "Hip Hop", "I Did It For My Dawgz" and "Suicidal Thoughts". Some of the collaborations seem award and just threw together, most of the songs are forgettable. You will enjoy this album for maybe a few weeks to a month then you'll get tired of it. The album just seemed like it was missing those big anthems Khaleds usually puts out like "I'm so hood", "Holla at me baby", "I'm on one", "Welcome to my hood", "All I do is win", etc.. I give it a 3 out of 5
44 comments|19 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 4, 2012
DJ Khaled, DJ Khaled, DJ Khaled, DJ Khaled, We the best! We numba one!

Yeah, ok, we get it. Stop saying your d@mn name 10 times on every track! The songs are for the most part great, except when he pipes in. These aren't leaked songs that I downloaded off Napster in 2001!!! Just shut up already and let the songs play! I know that Lil Wayne is on the track, you don't need to tell me.
on April 11, 2013
DJ Khaled does a good job of throwing his name on tracks and dropping albums; this is nothing like We the Best though. Three stars due to being generic (his last few albums kind of meld together) and also because he keeps screaming on the tracks; I like "your' production Khaled, not your rapping.
on September 5, 2012
DJ Khaled has some nice songs with some great beats on this album. With 11 songs and an outro, trust you will not be disappointed. He has a wide range of artists that jumped on his tracks with him that make you wanna continue listening to see who else he can surprise you with.
on October 25, 2012
Not much here, definitely nothing new, but it delivers a couple bangers and nice sizeable collaborations. This exemplifies the South, from the production to the artists to the content. There is a variety of artists, mainly from the South, delivering solid performances and talking about that usually rap content. There is a few stronger lyricists but nothing stands out to be impressive (what to expect, they are not talking about anything relevant). Given the names, no doubt the production would be solid; it delivers a hard hitting sound with heavy bass and quick drum patterns. There is definitely a good mix of tracks, as there is a couple of reggae songs also. Nice album for Southern heads, for others...it is a nice casual listen.
on August 18, 2013
One Puff: God's Gift
If You Like this Album you will like One Puff: God's Gift by Trev Eyez
It was just a matter of time before the hip hop world discovered Reggae and West Indian culture, just like it has assimilated Spanish and Latino, especially with regards to verbal slang. Particularly, the dancehall reggae world must look exotic, rough and menacing to the uninitiated - a perfect candidate for hip hop to squeeze into it's mold
Trev's (a man with a REAL Caribbean background) came to set the record straight, and show that mixing hip hop with Reggae/Dancehall is perfect and he does the two without loosing the essence of neither.
on December 9, 2012
This album starts off on fire. The first 5 tracks are bangers. I love that Nas and Scarface joint as well. This album is pretty short, especially considering the last track is bs and the one before it isn't even rap...so you're looking at a 10 track album. The guest features are all safe. The only unique features are on Hip Hop (Nas and Scarface) and They Ready (J.Cole Big KRIT Kendrick Lemar). The rest of those combinations have generally been done before. DJ Drama's new album has some dope collabos. Regardless, the album is pretty good and features most of the hottest artists out right now.
on September 7, 2012
I haven't listened to this entire album yet. I probably won't because I refuse to listen to Plies. I hate Wacky mc's, and he's in my top 5! Not a fan of Ace Hood either. I bought this album based on the strength g the song hip hop.
on December 24, 2012
I originally purchased this cd for just one song..."Hip Hop" with Scarface & Nas..but, the entire cd actually makes me happy. The beats are cool..the lyrics are nice...I truly enjoy it!
on December 7, 2012
I love two of the songs, Hip Hop and Take It To Da Head, those are the two that I've been playing over and over. Haven't gotten to listen to the others too much!