4.0 out of 5 stars Bake a GREAT bundt!
I love bundts! Not much of a cake fan but I love a good bundt. Weird, eh?
With the exception of one, every recipe (so far) has been easy to make and tastes very, very good.
The basic vanilla bundt recipe is worth the price of the cookbook alone. It can be dolled up in a variety of flavors!
The techniques for baking a truly delicious, wonderfully textured...
Published on September 27, 2011 by Annie Fay

1.0 out of 5 stars I really wanted to like this book...
Published on June 7, 2011 by Jane

4.0 out of 5 stars Bake a GREAT bundt!, September 27, 2011
Annie Fay (Royal Oak MI) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kiss My Bundt: Recipes from the Award-Winning Bakery (Paperback)
I love bundts! Not much of a cake fan but I love a good bundt. Weird, eh?
The techniques for baking a truly delicious, wonderfully textured bundt have helped me tremendously. The recipes allow for your own creativity and still have fabulous results. Gotta love that!
So far I've made:
*Banana~ (replaced the milk w/ buttermilk), it had a lovely texture.
*Blueberry~ (added homemade blueberry jam to the smash), the blueberry flavor really came out in the finished cake, I was surprised!
*Pumpkin~ everyone LOVED this cake and thought it had the perfect amount of spice.
*Cinnamon pecan Coffee Cake~ LOVE! (I doctored up the filling a bit by cutting back on the sugar and adding a bit of butter and oatmeal)
*7UP pound cake~ Sweet. Make sure you add all the zest that the recipe calls for! Nice texture.
*Fresh Ginger~ Different, not your typical 'gingerbread' style recipe. Light, warm flavor. I drizzled with vanilla glaze and sprinkled with candied ginger, as suggested. Yum!
*Mocha~ Really moist. It seemed like an absolute ton of coffee in the recipe, but the flavor is very faint in the finished cake. For the glaze (ganache), I whisked instant espresso powder into the hot cream and poured over bittersweet chocolate. Allowed it to firm up a bit and then poured it over the cake. I think it added a deeper mocha flavor.
*Marbled~ She gives half-sized recipes, that allows you to be creative with your flavor combinations. I made my own 'Neapolitan' and it was BRILLIANT!
*Basic Chocolate~ A very good 'base'. My mind is racing with flavor options.
*Peanut Butter Lover's~ I'm a true PB LOVER and couldn't wait to try this one. What a dud!! I removed a star from my review because it's such a bad recipe. I have reworked it 3 times now and FINALLY have a fabulous cake! The original recipe is terribly greasy. Oily, greasy and tasteless. Very little peanut butter taste at all. Awful, IMO. The original recipe has nearly 2 cups of fat to 2 cups of flour. Add in another 2/3 c. of whole milk? No way is that ratio going to work for me. Sorry. My revamped recipe omits an entire stick of butter and uses 1% milk. I also reversed the sugar amounts to 1 c. brown and 1/2 c. white. It is PERFECT! Moist, peanut buttery, melt-in-your-mouth texture with an outer crust that tastes like a great PB cookie.
I'm looking forward to trying several others and incorporating my own ideas.
Highly recommend!!
Oh, one more thing: It is a tiny book with the most bizzaro pictures. If you're looking for a cookbook with gorgeous photos of bundt cakes, this is NOT it! Not one picture showcases these beautiful bundts. Kinda scary.

5.0 out of 5 stars The strawberry cake recipe alone is worth it!, March 24, 2011
When I first got this book, I was a little disappointed. I usually like cook books with lots of pictures, and this book only has 3 pages in the middle that has images. If I was browsing this book at a book store instead of buying it online, I wouldn't have picked it up. Well I am so glad I did. I made the strawberry bundt cake tonight and it was amazing, it is moist, soft, and it has real strawberry pieces! I tried experimenting making fruit cake with real fruit before and was never successful because fresh fruit has too much water. Well after following the recipe from this cook book, I finally realized the secret of using fresh fruit in cakes!!!!!! I am so glad I got this book, it's worth it just for the strawberry bundt cake alone! I can't wait to try other flavors soon :)

One thing, I like my dessert not overly sweet, so I always cut all recipe's sugar in half. I used about 3/4 of the sugar it called for and it came out perfect for my taste.

I wish it had a little more variety, many of the cakes are the exact same recipe, just switching out 1 flavor extract ingredient.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Bundts Ever!!, August 11, 2010
This little book contains the best bundt cakes ever. I make the red velvet cake at least twice a month, and it's always a hit. The author is very detailed and tells you exactly how to get the best result with every recipe. Lots of imaginative flavor combinations, too, and she includes recipes for vegan versions of some popular bundts.

5.0 out of 5 stars i can't believe that i can bake a cake!, June 23, 2010
honestly, i can't even believe that i can bake a cake from scratch. but i did. i've baked several from this book, and this book is my new bible. i have baked some of the most delicious cakes i have ever tasted in my life from this book! yes yes yes! the red velvet impressed friends and my boyfriend. the coffee cake thrilled my co-workers. and i made the strawberry ginger cake for my roommate's birthday. this is my new choice for gifting my friends that love to cook too!

5.0 out of 5 stars A total game changer, December 10, 2010
The Kiss My Bundt (KMB) bakery was by far one of my favorite memories of my summer in Los Angeles. This cookbook is definitely the next best thing. My love affair with KMB began with Chrysta Wilson's (author) red velvet cake. Although I am a native Southerner, I would not truly call myself a red velvet fan until discovering this lovely bundt. Certainly buying the cookbook was the next natural step. In addition to the famous red velvet, this cookbook will allow me to relive the memories of strawberry bundts with strawberry icing, and the more classic yellow cake with chocolate buttercream frosting. Just yesterday, I brought baby bundts (as featured on the cover) to a party, and they were an absolute hit! I piped the delicious cream cheese frosting with a pastry bag, and my red velvet bundts turned out just like the one on the cover. With the abundant baking information (in addition to the fabulous and diverse recipes), anyone can look like an expert baker! Tell all your friends to "Kiss My Bundt!"

5.0 out of 5 stars Teeny tiny book packs a huge delicious wallop, May 9, 2011
I had read the reviews but I was still not prepared for this thin little paperback with no pictures. Lately a lot of cookbooks have been more like coffee table books or art books with slick pages of beautiful pictures. This is more like the stick figure turkey drawing your kid gives you. That being said, this book is fantastic.

Whenever I get a cookbook I start with what I think is the simplest recipe to get an idea of the layout, the way it's written, directions, etc. I started with the vanilla cake and chocolate buttercream icing. Even the batter on this one was delicious. Both my sons mentioned how good the house smelled, it was the vanilla cake baking. The compliments didn't stop, the cake was delicious, as was the icing (or frosting, depending on where you're from)

The book starts with her talking about different sized bundt pans, what kind of flour, milk, etc to use (very helpful) and other good tips. Then the recipes are laid out very well, a clear list of ingredients, easily followed directions, and yummy cake goodness waiting at the end.

The smashes are a particularly good idea, a way to make sure the fruit gets all through the cake.

I can see myself using this book over and over because of the variety, ease of use, and who doesn't like a beautiful bundt cake!

5.0 out of 5 stars Yes!, October 6, 2010
This book made me feel like I could improve upon my baking skills and start by own little bakery. I love that she gave the secret to using all purpose flour as opposed to the cake flour and save a little money. She gives you a lot of basic knowledge to build upon and make your own creations. I highly recommend this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars one hour cupcakes, April 6, 2011
Okay...I bought this because all the reviews actually had people who had made and tried multiple recipes...with good results. I love cake and so decided to get this little gem. FYI...I prefer cupcake size...easier to share...and only 15min to bake in my oven. I have tried the Mexican Hot Chocolate cupcakes and modified the chocolate buttercream with added cinnamon...TASTY...great reviews from all the people I shared them with...and I ate 8 of them within the first few days...scary. Next I made coconut cupcakes and topped them with a lime buttercream (I did adjust the lime with the addition of lime juice...I needed more punch to my frosting)...those too...fantastic. Then (and this was in a two week time period) I tried Strawberry Lemonade picnic cupcakes with an enhanced lemon buttercream frosting...once again...great success. Though, I think I would either just make strawberry or lemon cupcakes and not combine them (I'm thinking strawberry cake with lime frosting...yummy). I did take a week off and then I just had to try the pumpkin cupcakes...with chocolate buttercream...yummy. I might do these again...extremely moist and freakish yummy...great flavor; also, excellent with lemon frosting. Next on the list...trying combos...this book just gives you a great base recipe and enough variations to give you a good idea of what you can do to start inventing your own flavor combinations. I love it...and everyone I've been sharing with...asking for the recipes. Oh...and I timed it...if you just focus on making the cupcakes...it'll only take you an hour from start to finish and you'll end up with 18-24+ cupcakes depending on recipe (24--chocolate, 18 or so for vanilla base, and 24+ for pumpkin). Totally worth it...just remember to share...or workout a lot more!

5.0 out of 5 stars Pure Heaven!, June 27, 2010
One of the best memories of childhood is the smell of freshly-baked cake coming out of grandma's oven. In today's crazy fast world, who has time to bake, let alone bake from scratch?! Many people today are intimidated to even try their hand at baking. Oh, they MUST get this delicious and creative book!!!
The recipes are so amazingly easy to follow, and reward you with some of the best cakes you'll ever have and ever want to taste in your future. My favorite is the Deep, dark chocolatey Irish Whisky Cake! Oh, Heaven here I come! Don't be intimidated to try the cake with bacon...delish! Chrysta knows her bundts! Yum!

1.0 out of 5 stars I really wanted to like this book..., June 7, 2011
Jane (Columbus, OH, USA) - See all my reviews
...but I don't. Many of the recipes are not unique. The Basic Chocolate Cake, which is the base for most of the chocolate bundts, is the same One Bowl Chocolate Cake I've been making for 20+ years - it used to be on the can of Hershey's cocoa! The Red Velvet is like every other recipe I've seen except it contains 2 1/2 times more fat, and the carrot cake recipe is the same one I have in my recipe box (which came from the allrecipes website). I usually prefer photos in my cookbooks, but in this case the author would have done well to just leave the photos out. They are, for the most part, strange. This book is a big disappointment all around.

Kiss My Bundt: Recipes from the Award-Winning Bakery
Kiss My Bundt: Recipes from the Award-Winning Bakery by Chrysta Wilson (Paperback - May 1, 2010)
$16.95 $13.66