4.0 out of 5 stars Macca Plays the Cocktail Lounge
Let's face it - these cover albums from veteran, heavily-moneyed legends of rock and pop are often pretty mundane, or at the very least inconsequential. In spite of this, Paul McCartney delivers quite well on "Kisses on the Bottom," with his iconic, velvety voice singing an eclectic, elaborate array of some of the best tunes ever written - as well as two extremely...
Published on February 7, 2012 by Rudy Palma

2.0 out of 5 stars Kisses On the Bottom
"Kisses On the Bottom" is a tribute to many of the songs Paul heard his father sing and play on the piano when he was a young boy. As for the title of the album, Paul got the idea from the song "I'm Gonna Sit Right Down and Write Myself a Letter". In that song, there is a part which says; "I'm gonna write words so sweet-gonna knock me off my feet. A lotta kisses on the...
Published on February 8, 2012 by piano man

‹ Previous | 128 29 3049 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great sounds. Shared memories. Magical jouney., October 21, 2012
This review is from: Kisses on the Bottom (Audio CD)
I got this for myself and my Mom. I loved the music and it brought back memories of my Mom and Aunt singing some of these songs when I was a young boy.

For my 86 year young mom, it was a magical jouney to her younger days. She loved it. Certainly earned me a few points for the gift. :)

An all around wonderful musical experience. Sir Paul comes through again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Kisses on the Bottom, October 18, 2012
This review is from: Kisses on the Bottom (Audio CD)
The CD was solid form beginning to end. If you enjoy music form the American Song Book you will enjoy this CD.

5.0 out of 5 stars Paul McCartney kisses on the bottom, October 14, 2012
This review is from: Kisses on the Bottom (Audio CD)
This is just wonderful music! I put it on to play in the random shuffle mode and just go about my day, singing along. Featuring lyrics from Irving Berlin to McCartney, and back ups by Diana Krall, Eric Clapton, and the London Symphony Orchestra , it is vintage music with a lovely McCarney touch.

5.0 out of 5 stars we still love u paul, October 12, 2012
Sharon (Pittsburgh, Pa, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kisses on the Bottom (Audio CD)
Paul Mccartney , one of two of the remaining beatles is still making music we all love. I watched this on wqed recently and knew then I had to buy it. Old time songs a first for paul. Love the music. I also ordered the video.
Paul never disappoints. Saw him in person last year in Pittsburgh. Have some great pictures!!
Thank you paul and keep them coming.
Also congrats on your new bride. Nancy. May you have many happy years together.!!

5.0 out of 5 stars as usual, great music from Paul McCartney., October 11, 2012
This review is from: Kisses on the Bottom (Audio CD)
I have been a fan since i saw the Beatles in Forrest Hills. Paul adds even more class to the "classics" and this CD is already a favorite; not quite Rubber Soul, a much different sound. Pure talent as usual.

4.0 out of 5 stars Kisses on the Bottom, October 11, 2012
This review is from: Kisses on the Bottom (Audio CD)
A number of classics, and some lesser known songs, sung by an unexpected artist ... who has reached back to songs his parents played at home when he was a child.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful CD!, October 11, 2012
This review is from: Kisses on the Bottom (Audio CD)
What prompted me to buy this CD is that I saw the Paul McCartney special on PBS. This is a wonderful collection of old songs and very well performed. I love Paul's style and the collaboration with Diana Krall's jazz piano is great. This CD is well worth it. Even my parents both in their middle to later 80's enjoyed this CD.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ageless, October 10, 2012
This review is from: Kisses on the Bottom (Audio CD)
Delightful surprise to find a Beatle singing classic oldies in such a
simple, straightforward, yet jazzy manner. Great music spans the
generations, and Paul's renditions do justice to the originals by
the masters. Saw the video first on PBS, and had to have the cd to
keep the pleasure going. The cover is so apropos. Paul's singing is not
a florist's fixed bouquet; his gift is the picking of colorful wild-
flowers that just naturally please. He seems to be peekabooing behind
them and that fits too, because he lets the timeless songs speak
for themselves, and he's just the lovable musician who gathered them
and delivered them to us. A most memorable musical bouquet and a
timeless gift.
AMAZON VERIFIED REVIEW by "Priam's Mama"

4.0 out of 5 stars Forgotten Memories, October 10, 2012
This review is from: Kisses on the Bottom (Audio CD)
Listening to the playlist, it brought back memories of my childhood. My grandfather would serenade my sister and I with these classic song tunes. Paul's rendition of "It's Only A Paper Moon" was complimentary to the original artist. The 2 new recordings that are on the playlist keep with that cheek to cheek music that flows throughout the CD. I wish he would do more of these albums. His talent definitely shines.

5.0 out of 5 stars Appreciator of Paul Simon, October 10, 2012
This review is from: Kisses on the Bottom (Audio CD)
We were captivated by the PBS show documenting the making of this album. That inspired us to buy it on Amazon and it really enhanced listening to it. Some might write this off as light weight music, but when you have the back story it's heartwarming and charming.

‹ Previous | 128 29 3049 | Next ›

Kisses on the Bottom
Kisses on the Bottom by Paul McCartney (Audio CD - 2012)