Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

Format: Hardcover|Change

on April 24, 2003
This is a great book, not just for kids, but for the parents who have to read it to them. My kids (4 1/2 and 3) love the slightly quirky, colorful illustrations and the simple, rhyming text. They always laugh at the fun paintings of elephants with strollers and acorn men. And it's just as much of a treat for me to read after having to endure so many mind-numbing, repititious kids books. Definitely one of the best kids/parents books to come along since Don Carter's "Heaven's All-Star Jazz Band."
on September 7, 2003
The story is a wonderful expression of love from a parent to a child. The story is simple and beautiful and the illustrations are old fashioned yet very new. My 14 month old loves the story and the extra kisses that inevitably become part of the reading.
on November 28, 2005
And I am a little surprised about that because he's very much a smash up cars, trucks, big wheels, type of kid. When I read it to him the first time there was complete silence. Very unusual for my boy!!! Then we read it again, and again. We looked at the pictures as we went, he was asking questions, wanted to know what the acorn was, and the comet. Then after we had read it again, he took the book to his father and "read" him the story. The illustrations are just beautiful.
on October 24, 2005
This short story is a mother desribing her love for her child using items in their lives. A sweet short story. My daughter loves the soft pictures and the little animals at play on each page.
VINE VOICEon August 6, 2008
When my boys were 2- and 3-years old, I'd read this bedtime book to them regularly because the verse and illustrations were soothing. There were nights when a soft rockabye and some gentle verses were a better way to get them to sleep than a Dr. Suess book.

If you are just building your bedtime reading collection, I recommend this book along with these other rockabye favorites of ours:

* Bedtime: First Words, Rhymes, and Actions (Board book (various authors)

* Rock-A-Bye Farm by Diane Johnston Hamm

* I Love You: A Rebus Poem by Jean Marzollo

You can check my reviews on all of these books. Enjoy.
on April 23, 2014
The illustrations are fantastic, the words are even better. My daughter is absolutely captivated each time I read this to her. I can, without a doubt, say that this is her favorite book. Brought me to tears the first time I read it, just a really sweet book.
on January 11, 2015
Sweetest book EVER. I wish I had bought it for my daughter when she was younger, she is nearly two now. The book is from the mothers perspective, and does not include a father type figure. The illustrations are darling.
on March 1, 2013
I love this book and the illustrations are really works of art. My 14 mo old son is not so interested in the book yet but I think he will be later on once he understands more. The words of this book are really touching too and would let a child know how valued and special they are.
on December 15, 2012
If we could only have 1 book in the house, this would be it. It is a family favorite. Sweet story, sweet pictures and perfect for snuggle time. My daughter has loved it from babyhood right into toddlerhood. I've also given it as a gift to all of my friends at showers.
on February 28, 2015
The artistry is lovely and the language is beautiful! My daughter and I have loved this book for over a year now (she is 18months) We read it multiple times a sitting I would recommend or even buy for any new parent!