Facility Spring Cleaning BDD_MSW16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon Blue October Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Beauty Gifts Made in Italy Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback Learn more

on January 25, 2014
I bought this spiral slicer in the hopes of making vegetable "noodles" to replace pasta in recipes. From the moment I saw the package, I was skeptical. It looked cheap- the slicer was just in the box with no instructions or suggestions for use. It is plastic, with a small amount of metal for a handle- does not look anywhere near worth the $25 I paid. I did try it out, and then I decided it was to go back. I tried it with a zucchini, and the "noodles" that came out were very, very thin, unlike the pictures of vegetable noodles in recipes. I contacted Amazon to set up a return, and then ordered the Paderno Spiral Slicer, which got terrific reviews, and slices in three thicknesses. Don't waste your money on this product!
33 comments|133 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 14, 2014
This is one of the greatest little tools I've ever used. I recently became a Vegan after finding out I'm allergic to pretty much everything that exists in this world, and I was a little depressed because there were no really exciting recipes to try. I found a lot of people talking about making spaghetti out of vegetables and I really wanted to try it so I bought this little beauty. WOW is it awesome! I just made zucchini spaghetti and not only was it super easy to use, but it very quickly turned all 10 of my zucchini's into long strands of durable spaghetti! I DEFINITELY and HIGHLY recommend this product to anyone looking for a spiral cutter :) and it's much cheaper than other ones I've seen!
11 comment|88 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 5, 2014
This arrived with a broken tooth which was from lack of quality, not shipping. It still works though but I would recommend a different brand. This one is built very cheaply for the price.
on February 20, 2014
The blades broke off one side the first time I tried to use it! One side still works but now I only have one aiE of spirals. Very frustrating.
on February 24, 2014
It worked the first time and now it seems impossible to use. Instead of spiraling my veggies, it's causing me to spiral out of control for buying it.
on January 27, 2014
Bought on the recommendation of a friend (who has a different model). Enjoyed it conceptually-- I loved the noodles while it worked. Became harder to use after the first week (dull blade maybe?) and a few days into the second week, the blade broke off halfway through dinner prep. I threw it away and plan to order a higher quality one. Don't waste your money!!
22 comments|42 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 30, 2014
It's been nothing but a huge struggle since I bought this product. I feel like a slave to it instead of being a proud owner. First, no way to figure out how to use it. No instructions came with the box at all! Did I also mention the box looks rally cheap and the product ahs the look and feel of something you buy at a dollar store. I tried using a zucchini and ended up with a half broken zucchini, an huge mess of what is supposed to be spiral slices, and a cut finger during the struggle. Tried again with a carrot and 10 spins later, the blade came off into the sink. I'm glad it broke apart and fell into the sink. What if it had fallen into my salad dish and I hadn't noticed?

This is absolute junk!

But for me the returned postage is expensive, and its a huge hassle to evem try to return it. So I may see if I could salvage it by glueing the pieces back together. But go ahead and save your money. Huge disappointment. You've been WARNED!
on April 6, 2014
Short Version: Can't beat it for the price!

Long Version:

Despite my devotion to the teachings of Alton Brown, this is a must-have uni-tasker. Sure, it only turns carrots, zucchini and a few other squash into pasta, but dang if it doesn't TURN VEGGIES INTO PASTA!

There are no instructions, but the thing is very simple to use. Couple of tips:
* I suggest cutting off the ends of veggies before running them through. The square end works best when you get down to using the cap/gripper.
* Hold the tool by the metal grip in one first. Turn the veggie into it with the other hand. Keep a mild pressure on the veggie - don't press too hard - and try to keep it straight into the device. You'll get longer pasta - some of my zucchini strands are a yard long!
* Keep your fingers out of the device when turning the veggie. There is a cutting edge near the top lip and it is sharp! Use the cap to press and turn the rest of the veggie into the device.
* There is a hole going through the device. The core of your veggie will pass on through as a spiral-shaped extra. I keep the carrot ones but toss the seedy-core of the squash.
* Doesn't work with hotdogs unless they are high quality. (Hey, I figured why not?)
* Try running a small beet through and deep frying the resulting nest to decorate a bowl of soup.
* Zucchini work best using the wide-bore holes as a thick pasta. Carrots are better through the small holes.
* Slender potatoes or fingerlings can be run through to great success. Tend to fall apart if sauted, but hold up in the oven or deep fry.

I have yet to try thick asparagus or sweet potatoes. They are next on my list.

I hoped this helps!
on February 19, 2014
Awful product. I used the fine shredding side and it produced short unusable vegetable shreds. The vertical blades stick out way past the horizontal so they cut very deep into the veg, e.g. carrots. Second time around the horizontal blade cuts off these and you end up with lots of short shallow poorly cut shreds. Horrible product.
on February 24, 2014
This is as useless as the veggie chopper sold recently. I love cooking gadgets but not this one. I tried every size of zucchini and carrot I could find to try to make this thing produce "noodles" . All I could manage was to get little short strips. It's easy to cut yourself too. I would return it if I could but there was no packing slip (or instructions other than a few sentences on the box) included. My strip peeler does a much better job.

See 1 answered question