5.0 out of 5 stars I love Kelsey!
Published 5 months ago by Lindsay Marie

3.0 out of 5 stars Love it,
I see her shows and the recipes are so simple to do. That is the reason I bought her cookbook. It is very easy to follow.
Published 3 months ago by MP

5.0 out of 5 stars I love Kelsey!, February 12, 2014
I am a huge fan of Kelsey and her fabulous show, Kelsey's Essentials. I cannot even begin to tell you how much Kelsey has educated me on how to cook since I started watching her show. I have literally been waiting for this cookbook for over a year - the release date seemed to keep getting pushed back, but I ran out to Barnes and Noble yesterday to make sure I got my copy as soon as possible.

It was awesome to flip through the book, and what I saw were some "old" recipes that have been featured on her show, mixed in with a bunch of new ones. I don't mind familiar recipes because I will still use them in my kitchen, and it's nice to have them all in one spot.

The book is very nicely laid out with some pretty pictures that don't take over the book - it's chock full of recipes and tips - not just about cooking techniques, but also information about what different terminology means. I also loved the part about caring for your cast iron skillet and how to take care of it...I bought a cast iron skillet because Kelsey has always said such fabulous things about it as a tool, and she was right! So it was nice to have that information in the book as well. She makes it so easy to understand how to make the food by giving you the foundation for the technique.

Recipe categories included: breakfast, appetizers, soups and salads, entrees, and desserts. She also includes info about what you should have in your basic pantry, as well as basic tools to have in the kitchen.

Some of my favorite familiar recipes in the book: POT ROAST (I have dazzled many many people using this recipe...it is THE ABSOLUTE BEST), stuffed french toast, salmon en papillote, peaches and blueberry cobbler in the cast iron skillet

Some new recipes I am excited to try: homemade fried pickles, lemon orzo, brussel sprouts (determined to try this vegetable this year), and many many more.

All I can say is that I cannot wait to start using the cookbook in my kitchen - and I will eagerly anticipate Kelsey's NEXT cookbook.

Thanks Kelsey!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very excited about this cookbook!, February 11, 2014
Kate (Charlotte, NC) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kitchen Confidence: Essential Recipes and Tips That Will Help You Cook Anything (Paperback)
I've been a fan of Kelsey's recipes since I had ankle surgery in 2012 and spent the whole summer on the couch watching Cooking Channel. Her show made me so anxious to get into the kitchen and cook that I spent a lot of time wobbling on crutches by the stove!

Some of the recipes in the cookbook I can already attest are fantastic. Stuffed French Toast? Delicious. Fried Pickles? Amazing. As for all the others, I feel confident they'll be scrumptious.

The layout is simple and accessible with good notes at the beginning of each recipe (plus 'essential techniques' throughout the book). I would be proud to serve any and all of these recipes to my friends and family!

5.0 out of 5 stars Bright and bubbly cookbook, February 23, 2014
I love to watch Kelsey Nixon's television shows as she's a bright and bubbly personality who encourages people to cook by showing how easy it is to cook. Her cookbook Kitchen Confidence: Essential Recipes and Tips That Will Help You Cook Anything is bright and bubbly and Nixon's love of cooking shines through when you read her book. The layout of her cookbook is colorful and bright while the color photos show the recipes. Overall, this is a comfy and fun cookbook to read while containing a wealth of cooking information.

You will find the following chapters in her cookbook:

Essential Pantry
Sandwiches & Soups
Main Courses
Sides
Desserts & Sweets

Some of the recipes you will find in her cookbook include:

Blueberry Muffins (with variations)
Baked Eggs with Smoked Bacon, Spinach, and Goat Cheese
Haricots Verts Amandine
Strawberry Shortcake Ice Cream
Skillet Blueberry and Peach Cobbler
Fudge Mint Brownies

There is an interactive table of contents making navigation easy.

Recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Recipes!, February 12, 2014
I love Kelsey and her recipes! This cookbook is full of recipes I will actually use in my kitchen. The photos and layout of the book are very user friendly. Kelsey gives great tips and serves up lots of approachable good recipes! Can't wait to cook my way through the whole book.

5.0 out of 5 stars love it!, March 17, 2014
I never write reviews but had to with this purchase! I love her show and have followed her from the start (I even met her at the housewares show!) I was nervous to purchase this as I was afraid it would be recipes for new cooks. I am no beginner and enjoy cooking classic recipes with a modern twist. it does have great basic recipes but many of them are with a twist to modernize it. there is a roll recipe, potato salad, tuna melt, cook a basic turkey and chicken, cake (which I consider all these classics) but with her take on them. its great that all of those recipes are all in one place. I've made several already and they are all great! I am excited to master making rolls, a cake, etc. there are certain types of recipes I am scared to really tackle (like those with dough) and this book helps me to try and master those. thanks Kelsey!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, February 21, 2014
I've been a fan of Kelsey's cooking show since its inception, and have been looking forward to a cookbook from her for a long time. This one doesn't disappoint at all. In fact, I think it's a must-have cookbook for experience and new cooks alike. I've cooked all of my life, yet still manage to find information and inspiration in this cookbook. I usually read such books more for the fun of getting new ideas than for actual recipes to use verbatim. This cookbook is chock full of recipes that I plan to actually prepare as presented. That's saying a lot for me, and I've owned well over 250 cookbooks over the years. If you like Kelsey Nixon (or have never heard of her), give this book a try. I like it so much that I'm going to purchase it for my Kindle, as well, so that the recipes will always be available to me on my iPhone or iPad.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!!, February 12, 2014
I've been a fan of the show for a while now and was so excited to get this book! It didn't disappoint. I got it today and used it for dinner tonight with 10 thumbs up from my family. I can't wait to try more of the recipes! They look very yummy! I appreciate the clear directions and it makes me feel like I can cook;)

4.0 out of 5 stars Go from Clueless in the Kitchen to a Cooking Diva with Kitchen Confidence, July 12, 2014
True Confession time: I hate cooking. Scratch that, I don't like cooking. Wait, that isn't quite right either. I think what I'm trying to say is that I can't cook. It's a little embarrassing to admit that, especially with everyone constantly Instagramming pics of their super-yummy looking (and I'm sure tasty) meals.

Enter Kelsey Nixon's book, Kitchen Confidence. Really, there is no false advertisement here at all. This book makes cooking easy. The recipes are delicious, well-presented and the instructions are simplified, even for an un-domestic goddess like me!Hands down the best recipes in this book are the Berries & Cream Stuffed French Toast, Grilled Veggie Panzanella, Stovetop Mac & Cheese, Grilled Fruit Skewers and Skillet Blueberry and Peach Cobbler (I'm a vegetarian so I skipped over the meat meals!). But honestly, everything is so well-presented and easy to follow that you can't mess any of them up.

Most of the recipes come with variations so you can change them up from time to time. I also really like how Nixon provides recipes for some staples like your basic rolls and quinoa pilaf. She also provides lots of useful how-to's as a great introduction to techniques such as braising, pickling, blanching and stir-frying just to name a few.

This book is perfect for a young person trying to navigate their way in the kitchen for the first time or anyone like me who is clueless when it comes to cooking. These meals are impressive and delicious.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a great book that will definitely get a good deal of use in my kitchen., March 25, 2014
I was so excited to get this book in the mail. I think Kelsey's recipes are so fun and fresh and she makes me feel a little more brave to go outside of the box and try new methods and flavor combos that I would not or felt like I could not try before. I can definitely see why she titled this "Kitchen Confidence". I loved all of the information on what supplies and ingredients I should have in my kitchen. One of the best as far as that goes that I have seen in my opinion. It is a great mix of recipes. I love that there are many traditional recipes but also many "fancier recipes" that will test my palate and expand my horizons. Her show and this book both make me braver than I have been in the past. The only thing I wish were different was there being pictures with all of the recipes. Not worth a star deduction in my opinion though. I am excited to use this and will update when I get a better feel for the recipe's. Trying the "Essential Crepe" recipe tonight with my niece as she is studying France and I thought it would be so fun to show her something they eat there.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice, solid cookbook., April 27, 2014
I am a big Kelsey Nixon fan, and her cookbook is every bit as cute as her show. Chock-full of recipes I want to try and all I've tried so far are well-written, well-organized and come with great tips and essential cooking techniques.

Tuna Noodle Casserole, A+
Banana Nut Sheet Cake, A+
Meatballs, A
Sweet Cornbread, A
Crab Cakes Croquettes, B+
Banana Bread, B (I like my banana bread with one fewer banana)
Chocolate Chip Cookies, C (nothing wrong with them, just cakier than I like)

I am going to try to make at least one recipes from each section. So far they have all been really well-organized and easy to follow.

Kitchen Confidence: Essential Recipes and Tips That Will Help You Cook Anything