Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on October 28, 2011
saw someone use this on a youtube cooking clip from the UK, couldn't find them anywhere in the US. they're the best for french cutting fresh green beans in a flash! finally resorted to buying a vintage metal one that needed a lot of work and was really expensive! one week later i saw that these were back in stock and went ahead and bought it. sure glad i did, because its very easy to use and clean in comparison. the suction cup is really strong, so it stays put too. it seems that this company doesn't keep many in stock at a time, so if they have it i would snatch it up. if they don't, just keep checking back. if i'd have realized there would be more in stock i wouldn't have bought that old one and saved some money.
on August 9, 2013
it wont stick to the counter, some beans wont fit in the holes, basically a total failure. I called customer service about the suction issue thinking I was doing something wrong, but I knew more than they did which is never good.
on September 3, 2014
This bean slicer is modelled on one that my mother had years ago except that it has a suction pad and not a clamp to secure to the worktop. I am so pleased to have found it as runner beans are my favourite vegetable and it cuts down on all the stringing and slicing. It's easy to use and clean after use.
on October 11, 2012
This is a shredder not slicer. Ruined beans only good for soup. Wouldn't even give it 1 star but there wasn't a space for no star. I returned and gotTraditional Rotary Bean Slicer which is exceptional product. Witch is actually sold by same co.,whose customer service is excellent and bent over backward to help me. See my product review Traditional Rotary Bean Slicer before you buy anything but a hand held Krisk.
on May 19, 2016
This slicer is not at all what I expected. I grow green beans and and have an abundance. I wanted the cuts to be the length of the bean, what I call a French Slice. This one slices the beans but on an angle, so you have many small pieces of beans rather than several lengths of the bean. The mechanism itself worked well and was sturdy to the counter top.
on February 18, 2015
I bought this because I remember one my mother had when I was a child. This year we have had an oversupply of beans. I was very disappointed when I first used it. It does not slice the beans evenly, in fact in some cases is almost mushes them. Also it is very fiddly to clean after use. Mine has now been disposed of in the bin.
on September 2, 2013
Do not purchase this item. Look for one that has a metal housing which is what our old one has. You will get blisters with this one. The handle is poorly designed, the suction cup releases, the housing is so flimsy that you have to hold it down, the holes for the beans are small and only very small beans will fit through it. I asked for my money back and will continue looking for a better quality slicer like my old one which is almost worn out.
on January 30, 2013
I have not yet used the bean slicer - it was purchased for use in the summer when I grow my own beans.

That said, it looks as though it works well, but is lighter than I expected. I hope the suction pad will keep the slicer steady on the work surface when I'm using it.
on January 9, 2013
I liked tool when I used a friends in Holland and looked all over until we found it on Amazon, works great, well worth the money, liked it so much we bought 2 pcs,one for USA n one for our Singapore house.
on November 20, 2012
I had found an antique one and it worked good. So, I bought this new one. It does NOT stay stable, cut good, nor can it be taken apart to clean. Waste of my money.