Back to Business Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia Bose SoundTouch 130 Amazon Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty Valentine's Day Cards Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now DOTD

Color: BlackChange

on February 8, 2012
For the price I paid for this set, I was expecting a better designed product. While I love the solid construction of the knives, if left with any water on them for any length of time (say you cook breakfast and don't do dishes until the evening) the knives will start to rust. The holder was created of cheap plastic and some of the sheaths are too small for the knives and cause them to stick inside - a big hazard if you are trying to pull one out. Someone could easily get cut in the process. The stand does have a sturdy bottom and the sheaths can be removed, but then your knives are being exposed to dust and other elements of the air while not in use - YUCK!

If you are looking for a cute novelty item in your kitchen that won't get much use, this is the item for you. If you do much cooking in your kitchen and want a good set of knives, look else where. This is not it!
22 comments31 of 32 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 29, 2011
I had this for a few years in college. It was quite the eye-catcher and everyone had a laugh at it, many people asked where they could get one. So yeah, it was cool, but the knives were of mediocre quality. They are very thick, rust easily, and don't hold an edge well. After a few years in the dorm I elected to give it away rather than keep it, the knives were not worth it. In retrospect, It was worth the 50 bucks I payed for it, because it was very, very cool.
0Comment25 of 27 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 18, 2011
I had this set in college. As aforementioned, the knives were a bit dull and weren't of the highest quality. Shame, because I really did like the design. Reflecting on it now, for the price, I would choose functionality over style.
on December 28, 2012
The stand is made out of cheap light weight plastic. The clear plastic sleeves that hold the knives in the back are ugly and cheaply assembled.

The knives themselves started rusting after one use.

This item looks cool in photos but does not live up to expectations.
11 comment11 of 12 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 17, 2012
I loved this product at first. But less than a year into having it I used one of the knifes to cut fudge yes fudge and the blade broke in half. I can't find any customer service to contact so I am going to have to throw the thing out since it looks dumb missing one blade.
22 comments10 of 11 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 9, 2011
the item arrived on time. i got this set as a birthday gift. it was liked very much. however, about 4 months later the knives started to rust even though it sais they are made of stainless steel.
0Comment18 of 22 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 27, 2011
Love this guy! Looks great on the counter. Green is bright exactly as shown. But the knives are quite dull!
on June 30, 2013
I really loved the idea and was completely stoked when I received this set. The problem is the quality, or lack of. They have to be washed and immediately dried to avoid any rusting. If you don't do this, then you will end up with the blades actually breaking in half. Considering the price of these sets, it is quite disturbing and saddening. :(
on March 28, 2014
The Ex Kitchen knife set by Raffaele Iannello was a great disappointment to me.
The quality of the knives is very poor. Every knife has started to rust. I would not recommend this product.
on February 1, 2012
I purchased this item because I wanted a white knife base. Who knew it would become such an eclectic attention grabber? The design is on a sturdy base with sleeves protecting the knives when inserted. Item is a bit taller because of the top knife's location and handle goes above base dimensions... so it's home is on the island vs on the counter slid under a cabinet.