4.0 out of 5 stars nice
Published on November 9, 2010 by Donald Ambroziak

1.0 out of 5 stars Not the Product advertised
Ordered this from the seller "Chef's Pal". The product I received is similar, but there is a slight difference at the handle connection but it is NOT the product pictured or described. I ordered this specifically because it was Made in the USA (as it was described to be) and the product I got was a cheap imitation from Taiwan!!
I feel like this was a bait...
Published 18 months ago by Jennifer P. Bell

4.0 out of 5 stars nice, November 9, 2010
OK, so for working with a pizza stone, one of these is a must. This one has been very sturdy and has helped me through probably like 25 pizzas so far. 4 stars for that. However, don't go and thinking just because you buy one of these getting your pizza in and out will be easy. I thought my pizza was going to slide on and off like a dream. nope. So here i thought just add more flour and my pizza was going to slide off like a dream. Yep, but now the bottom of my pizza was totally covered in flour. New trick though guys, parchment paper. If you are still having trouble getting your pizza from the peel to the stone, try that out.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well built and American Made, January 10, 2011
This review is from: Kitchen Supply 14-Inch x 16-Inch Aluminum Pizza Peel with Wood Handle (Kitchen)
I don't usually write reviews. I ordered the 14 x 16 inch aluminum pizza peel with wooden handle. It's realy well made and large enough and sturdy enough for a full size pizza. There are still some things made in America and this is one of them. It just barely fits in the cookie sheet cabinet under my counter. The handle makes it kind of long so don't be surprised. Delivery was very fast and packaging was great. Rub the edge with Scotchbright when you get it. Mine was a little too sharp. Otherwise, great!!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Ever Pizza Peel, February 18, 2011
This pizza peel is the best....It is large enough that you can make large 15in pizzas on and it is so thin, that pizzas slide off and on the peel easily...wooden peels have no comparison....

5.0 out of 5 stars No more burned arms., May 25, 2008
I do not know how I lived without this. Seriously. I used to take pizzas out of my oven with a long knife and any box, piece of cardboard or anything I could slide the pizza on to. Cant tell you HOW many burned arms and dropped pies I have under my belt.

This, used with my new "Old Stone Oven 14-Inch by 16-Inch Baking Stone" that I also bought here on Amazon, is the PERFECT (and only) way to cook pizza. Works when reheating a restaurant made pizza, cooking a pizza on your own from scratch or even making your own pizza with a store bought crust, it's the only way to go.

I laughed the first time I used it because it was so easy.

I also build my pies on this (with a little cornmeal between the crust and pizza peel), before putting them in the oven. When I'm done, I pull the pizza out of the oven and cut my pie right on the Peel. No more dirty cutting block. I can move and scrub the Peel better than I can my heavy cutting block too.

Just awesome.

4.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful for the task, just don't ask too much, December 13, 2007
Kar Dell "spiceumup" (North East United States) - See all my reviews
This is a really useful peel at a very good price. It is good for the task, sturdy enough for the job. HOWEVER: it is a light gauge of aluminum and it will bend if handle roughly. Also the edge can be rough. I used a little fine sand paper to smooth it out. I like it well enough that I am ordering a one more

5.0 out of 5 stars Pizza Saver, June 26, 2007
Amazon Customer (Richfield, UT USA) - See all my reviews
I love this paddle. It is large enough to assemble a 16" pizza on it, and is thin enough at the end to pick up a hot pizza easily from the pizza stone. I would definitely recommend this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars PEEL OUT !, August 29, 2007
I love this peel. I use it several times a week - every time I make pizza. To make my pizzas, I prefer to use the pan method rather than the pizza stone method The Art of Pizza Making: Trade Secrets and Recipes and it's real good at both. It doesn't push and fold the pizza to the rear of the oven as some inexpensive wooden blunt-nosed peels can. In the pan method, I use it to remove the hot pizza pan from the oven rack which would be difficult using only oven mitts. Just be sure to keep your gloved free hand ready to prevent the pan from sliding off as the aluminum has low friction. Cleanup is a snap and it looks as if it will last forever.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not the Product advertised, January 16, 2013
Jennifer P. Bell (Marina del Rey, CA United States) - See all my reviews
I feel like this was a bait and switch??

4.0 out of 5 stars great for putting that pizza on a hot stone in oven, January 3, 2011
This is something I wished I had long ago. I had no way of getting a large pizza in the oven onto my new very hot pizza stone without having burned hands or worse yet having it slide off a spatula onto the oven making a real mess. No problem with a big loaded pizza as it is quite strong and appears to be made for restaurants.

I am amazed at how lovely the crust of a pizza is when it is baked on a very hot pizza stone. The only thing I don't like is the sharp edges that are also rough. It appears to have been cut from the aluminum and not sanded smooth. However, it is minor and I just am careful when using it. A hole in the handle would have been nice so I could hang it up...it is rather big and will never fit in a drawer. Leaning it up is not advisable as the peel might warp or bend. I may be able to fashion a hook so I can hang it up. Afraid to drill a hole as my skill is not good and i might wind up splitting the handle.

I will buy it again if some thing happens to this one. I rated 4 stars instead of 5 because of the rough edge and no way to hang it...otherwise it is a 5 star!

5.0 out of 5 stars Pizza Blade, September 8, 2006
Very nice product to use for pizza, but I'm going to use mine to transfer wedding size cake pans from the oven to the cooling racks on my kitchen's island! The large handle makes lifting the heavy pans much easier and safer than reaching way into the interior of a hot oven with your arms.

Rate and Discover Movies