Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now DOTD

Size: Medium, Set of 6Change

on November 13, 2009
I ordered these to use for baking banana and pumpkin and apple spice breads to put in holiday gift packages. I purchased the small set of 25 (6x2x2.5). The dimensions are spot on, of course the bottom is smaller because it narrows down like most pans.

They held up to my thick bread batters and the hot oven just fine. Since they were gifts I only got to pull the bread out of a couple and it came out of the pan pretty well with a run of the knife around the edges before turning it over. Overall they do what they're intended to do, and at less than $1 each too. Will likely be purchasing again come Easter for carrot cakes.
11 comment75 of 76 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 20, 2010
These are the best loaf baking molds! I've used the aluminum toss-aways in the past and these are 100x better! I lowered the cooking temp by 10 degree and perfection! Customer service was very helpful when I called to get clarification on a suggestion they listed on the insert. Will use these for years to come!
11 comment40 of 42 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 4, 2011
Got these for my son's school farmers market. Used them to make banana bread. Exactly what I needed. Had no problems. I was careful with the cook times and how much I filled them from other comments I read here. You do need to fill them on a baking sheet and use the sheet to tranport them to and from the oven.
0Comment23 of 24 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 14, 2010
Excellent, arrived fast. Read directions as your food bakes quicker in these little pans.
0Comment27 of 29 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 18, 2011
These loaf pans are easy to use and make attractive packaging for gifts. Sweet breads or yeast breads work well and bake up nicely. The pans have a non-stick coating so there is no need to grease and flour them - a nice time saver if you are baking multiple loaves. The pan is long and narrow, a bit different shape than a typical loaf pan. A recipe for one standard size loaf of a quick bread will make two of these. I will use these instead of disposable aluminum pans from now on.
0Comment21 of 22 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 21, 2011
I've been a fan of these bread shells for a while, and this seems to be the best price for what I needed. Love the artisan look of them, bake real well, allowing bread to rise & brown. I made 50 quick breads for baby shower favors; simply wrapped a piece of parchment paper around the loaf & then with color cord grosgrain ribbon, secured with a simple knot. My alternative would of been the tin foil tins, which I don't like the look of & they don't allow the loaf to bake accurately.Bon appetite!
0Comment22 of 24 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 28, 2011
I've baked with 2 of these molds and have used each one twice - yes, I reused them. Both times, I made a 100% rye bread. I filled the large pans with about 850 grams of dough and let it rise until it reached close to the top of the pans. My initial thoughts:

* The molds deform. They really bulge out on the long sides. So instead of getting a a very tall vertical rise, the bread ends up squat and wide. This is with my whole rye dough, so I'm not sure how a white bread dough would behave.

* After one use at 410-425F, parts of the mold discolor - i.e. they get dark brown in spots. Don't expect to be giving a loaf in a pristine looking mold as a gift. For loaves I was giving as a gift, I actually put them in a new mold after they had baked and cooled. That way, they looked clean and elegant - especially when tied with straw-colored string.

* Since I used brand new molds to repackage the loaves for gifts, I had a couple of used molds left. I decided to try reusing them. They worked! But the loaves were even wider than during the first use - to the point that they didn't fit well into a new mold. These molds really don't keep their shape, more so after being used once. I might use them a third time and see how they fare.

VOLUME CAPACITY
I purchased the Large 9x2.75x2.5 size and filled it with water to measure its capacity. This is difficult to do since there are four small holes on the bottom of the molds, which allows water (and presumably thin batter) to leak out. The small sides of the molds also bulge out when they start to get full of water - I don't know if that'll happen with bread batter as well. And whatever glue holds thing thing together seems to be very water soluble, so after a minute, the molds starts to come apart. The one mold I used for this test is no longer usable and has been sacrificed for the greater good.

To the best of my ability, I determined that the Large pan holds about 1200mL of water, when filled to the brim. Give or take a 100ml because of the flimsiness of the thing. Hopefully you can use this info to scale your loaves.

Some notes included in the instructions:
- Max temperature is 430F and can also be frozen to -40F
- Fill molds approximately 1/3 to 1/2 full
- Baking time is usually shorter than usual. Watch closely to prevent over-baking. You may wish to reduce the temperature by 5-10%
review image review image review image review image
22 comments35 of 42 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 21, 2011
My girlfriend is considering a small mail order start up and we tried these out. They're absolutely perfect. Have done mostly Bannana bread. Just the right size for gifts or sale. Takes a time or two to adjust oven tempature to match baking vessel, but turns out beautiful. Buying more today.

JC
on January 16, 2012
These have been great. I like to use them when I make meals I plan to freeze for future use. By using these I am able to freeze meals in single/double portions. When freezing make sure you wrap it twice to prevent freezer burn.

Update: I made lasagna in these and froze it without cooking. When I defrosted it and cooked it the paper was mushy and burned. I still use these, but I think about water consistency with what I am cooking. I will have to go back to the metal ones for my lasagna.
55 comments20 of 25 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 9, 2012
I purchased these to bake gingerbread as gifts this holiday but there are four small holes in the bottom corners of every loaf pan which allows the batter to leak all of the place.

I will not buy these again.