Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEM

on March 2, 2015
While this may sound difficult, finding kitchen dish towels is very difficult for my family. For my husband and myself, the kitchen is likely the second most used room in our home since we both enjoy cooking. One of our big problems for years has been finding quality dish towels that are not only well made and look nice, but are 100% cotton. For us, cotton isn't the best choice just because it's a renewable resource, but because my husband has a polyester allergy. Like any family, we have learned all the different fabrics that are really 'synthetic' and many companies mix polyester with cotton in making kitchen dish towels to reduce the overall cost. It took me years to find the ones I have and they were mostly 'settling' since most 100% cotton dish towels are ugly. When I decided we were redoing our kitchen this year, I was actually dreading on buying new towels that would match because I knew it would be a pain since we picked all of our kitchen colors based on a piece of artwork in our kitchen. When I saw that Aunti Em's Kitchen had these towels and it included all the colors, I thought I would take the risk. Worst case scenario these kitchen dish towels would used to clean up dog messes.

Well, I am happy to say that Aunti Em's Kitchen may have created the first practical, high quality kitchen dish towels I have seen yet. Their vintage design collection is high absorbent, colorful, lint free, and soft enough I feel comfortable even dusting with these cloths. They are also hemmed on all four sides of the dish cloth, something I like since they look a bit nicer for displaying on my oven or hanging up (each towel has a little hanging loop). I am also so happy I bought all three colors since I now have a very nice collection of kitchen dish towels that everyone in the family can use and they are subtle enough I can use them with just about any color combination in the future. My only suggestion is that you may want to wash them before use since they are a bit stiff from packaging or whatever they use to keep them nice and flat for shipping. Now my hardest decision is trying to decide if I want to buy more of the green (my favorite color in the set). If you need inexpensive, cute kitchen dish towels for an apartment, college dorm, or your own kitchen, I highly recommend getting these dish towels!

Disclosure: I received this product for free (or a discounted price, whichever is applicable) in exchange for an honest, unbiased review.
review image review image review image
22 comments| 57 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 2, 2015
 Disclaimer: I received this product complimentary in exchange for my honest review. All opinions are my own.

I do a lot of embroidery on towels and also food preservation in my kitchen. Regular towels with their thick nap do not work for me, but these 100% cotton kitchen dish towels from Aunti Em's Kitchen are amazing! I can easily embroidery on them and the fact that the striping is on two sides, not four makes it even easier for me to choose the put the design in the plain white area or along the red border.
What I really love about these towels though is that cotton is a renewable resource. I feel like by using them I am helping the environment in a small way. I also love that they are lint-free. This is really important to me since when I blanch fruits or vegetables for freezing I need a clean, dry, absorbent place to lay them out on to dry. I can use these towels for this purpose.
They remind me of the towels my grandmother had in her kitchen. I love, love, love the vintage look. Be sure to wash them before you use them and dry them by hanging them on a clothesline or using the tumble dry cool setting on your dryer. Expect to iron them if you want a crisp, wrinkle-free look to your towels. They are, after all, cotton.
They are hemmed on all four sides and do have a hanging loop on one corner. They come six towels - all one color - to a set. I bought a set of red, a set of green and a set of blue. I truly love them!Kitchen Dish Towels with Vintage Design, Super Absorbent 100% Natural Cotton Kitchen Towels (Size: 25.5"x15.5") - 6 Pack Dish Towel Set - White with Red StripeKitchen Dish Towels with Vintage Design, Super Absorbent 100% Natural Cotton Kitchen Towels (Size: 25.5"x15.5") - 6 Pack Dish Towel Set - White with Green StripeKitchen Dish Towels with Vintage Design, Super Absorbent 100% Natural Cotton Kitchen Towels (Size: 25.5"x15.5") - 6 Pack Dish Towel Set - White with Blue Stripe
on March 3, 2015
I am thankful that the company selected me to review these towels in exchange for my honest opinion. I want to say that I'm happy to have found these as well. They remind me of the ones I use to use when I worked at a bar. And like most of my kitchen towels, when washed and dried, they wrinkle (as you can see in my picture attached). They wouldn't have as many wrinkles if I would have grabbed them right out of the dryer but instead these sat in the dryer over night. This isn't a big deal for me since they are going to be used for either drying hands in the kitchen or putting on the counter for drying dishes. I love that they have a built in hook so that I can hang them easy. Yes, they are thinner as some have stated in reviews, but then almost all of my kitchen towels are the same thickness and even around the same size. I personally think they are a great size and work well for my kitchen and house. My husband even made a comment saying that his mother had towels that were similar to these so they brought back memories. When I ordered this product, I ordered all 3 colors. Now I have 18 kitchen towels, which will mean that I should never run out of clean towels in the kitchen. I would say if you are looking for a more classic style kitchen towel that will bring back memories of childhood, I would look into these ones. I can't beat a great price for the amount and the shipping was super fast.
on July 17, 2014
These towels feel great in your hands, they are soft enough to clean dishes, glasses, and non-stick cookware, but textured enough to safely clean stuck-on messes from counters and cook tops without the need for more abrasive scrubbing pads. I also liked the way they shined up stainless steel appliances and scrubbed the kitchen sink.
on March 4, 2015
For years I have tried the fluffy dish towels that just annoyed me in the end. They never last. I would get another set almost every season it seemed and while they matched the season in some way, they didn't hold up in the kitchen. I longed for the kind I grew up with, the kind Grandma had. When I was given coupons for this kind of kitchen dish towel I jumped a the chance to try them. They are like grandmas! They are just the right thickness and so far they have not gotten pilly (those tiny little lint balls that end up happening to other dish towels).

These towels are a large 25.5 x 15.5 inch size with a hanging loop. They are 100% cotton and made in India. They don't have any chemical scent on arrival either. Wash cold, tumble dry. These couldn't be easier to take care of. I look forward to having these last as long as the ones my Grandma had lasted!

I was given complimentary products for my honest opinion!
on October 19, 2014
Very dissapointed in these towels, I had looked forward to receiving these towels as I am replacing all of my kitchen towels with vintage style.
I had read the reviews, but did not actually compare the measurements of these to my current towels. After washing,
these towels are so small as to be almost unusable. The shrink to 14x23.25, this is smaller than my dinner napkins, which are 18.5 x 19.5 inches, and who would use something smaller than a dinner napkin to dry a plate?
These hardly reach both sides when trying to dry a dish.
I will keep these, because they are not worth returning, but they will be used as wipes and bar mops.
If you are looking for a towel that will be useful for drying dishes, these certainly are not the ones.
on July 18, 2014
Been a great towel and something I'm very happy with. We bought all three colors to have the extra character in our kitchen but we really do love them. They absorb the water well when we're cleaning dishes, great for drying our hands or cleaning up a small mess. We'll be getting more once we need them.
on December 19, 2014
Like these a lot. I purchased them as napkins but also use them as dish cloths. They have to be washed a few times before they are really absorbent. They fold great and look super on the table as napkins. Great price - I shopped around. Ikea has the red striped ones for less but they don't come in blue.
on July 22, 2014
I am very happy with my purchase of these towels. I first bought the green and white ones, and then I bought the other two colors this company sells. These kitchen towels are very handy in the kitchen for whatever I need them for. They are also thin, so they fit very nicely in the kitchen drawer. They come six to a pack, so the price is very reasonable for these towels. These towels are so absorbent and strong. I just love them and will continue to buy my kitchen towels here as I need them. I highly recommend them.
on December 5, 2014
At first I thought these were a rip off because they didn't absorb any water. Turns out washing these with fabric softener is very bad. **Make sure you wash these without softener at least once before using.** Look nice and absorb an impressive amount of water despite their thinness. Great for drying dishes.