Automotive Deals Summer Reading Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Water Sports

on February 22, 2011
I am rather picky when it comes to anything to be used in the kitchen. I prefer commercial quality over consumer quality every time. I have enjoyed Cutco knives for some years now, but only had a paring knife, a steak knife, and a peeler. To purchase a whole set would easily be $600-$1000. However, as a Christmas gift I received the KitchenAid 18-Piece knife set with the built-in sharpener and I can say is "Wow". The balance and solid build of these knives is far more than I expected. They are also forged which will mean a longer wearing blade (less sharpening). I was concerned when I first received the set, as I know KitchenAid's quality has slipped a little since being purchased by Whirlpool (some kitchen items are also made by the Meyer company). I do not feel there are any cheap components used in this knife set. If handled properly, this knife set will last at least 20 years.
on March 19, 2013
What a great knife set..... the edges are sharp and fine... the knives are easy to hold and comfortable.. there's no need to force the edge thru any cut... just working the knife gently gets you where you want to be... I feel for around a $100 +.. this knife set is at the break point between a 'cheap' set of almost useless mediocre knives.. and an 'over the deck' set of the world's finest cutlery that folks will destroy anyway by not following care instructions....... Never dishwash a quality set of knives... and they'll last for 15 years or more... We are both satisfied!! (And that's saying something under our roof!)

PS: Has a sharpener built right in should the edge of any tool not be sharp enough... but so far we've not needed to go to the next level...Enjoy
on April 16, 2014
I looked at many cutlery sets before choosing this one. It has every piece that you really need, including eight steak knives (so you have enough for entertaining). The blades are plenty sharp and no issues with rust at all. The wood block is attractive but I could do without the glued-on "stainless steel" decorative strips on the sides. They are not glued on very well and keep trying to come loose.
on January 8, 2013
I got this set as a gift for the house/ for my bf.. no judging - his gift back was a carpet steamer! hahaha! Anyway, the handles are a lot nicer than the picture and everything is really sharp!! We have a small place, so the built in sharpener is a great feature. Normally I prefer serrated steak knives, but these are so sharp I don't see it being a problem
on May 15, 2013
This set replaced a very expensive German-made set. I have used this set for several months and have found it better than any set of knifes that I have used in 50 years. It is even better than the knives I used when helping out in my grandfather's butcher shop. Before I bought this set I never expected to ever find knives that kept an edge as well as my grandfather's, but this set is the best that I have ever used.
on April 28, 2013
Good quality, good selection of different pieces, also kind of nice that they label the slots, came real sharp out of box, holds well so far so good,
on March 16, 2013
All thought I love the knives they are very very sharp I know this because I cut myself with them on accident and had to have 3 stitches, these knives are not for beginners ( I am not a beginner) they are awesome knives just be careful using them
on May 20, 2013
Good product, sturdy, sharp, and feels good in your hand. Under $95. Not too shabby!
What else are you looking for?
on May 31, 2013
As a recent grad who likes to cook, I was in the market for a reasonably priced set that would last me a while. This set has fit that bill perfectly. I have been very pleased with the quality, the knives handle great and are comfortable to use, and the set is just the right size. I always have a knife for whatever slicing job there is, but the block isn't so big that it takes up too much counter space. It also looks great sitting out. I also wanted a block that had a built-in sharpener, which this does (although I haven't actually needed it yet the knives are so sharp). I'm VERY happy with this purchase, and look forward to using the set for quite a while.
on May 19, 2013
This is a great starter set for anyone who might have just gotten out of college and are in a new job. I have been completely satisfied with the sharpness and feel of the knives.