5.0 out of 5 stars Got it! Love it!
Published on November 16, 2006 by April Jean

1.0 out of 5 stars Stopped worn down
I got this to make baby food when my son was about 6 months old, I've only been able to use it a handfull of times because the mechanism that pivots when you close the lid has worn down, so it no longer pushes the button into the motor to make it work. I see no way to fix this, so now I am stuck with a $50 piece of garbage.
Published on September 21, 2009 by B'ham Momma

5.0 out of 5 stars Got it! Love it!, November 16, 2006
This review is from: KitchenAid 3-Cup Chef's Chopper, Chrome (Kitchen)
I am so pleased with this chopper. It doesn't pulverize foods, it actually chops them. It totally speeds up chopping onions and you can make delicous salsas and chutneys in it. It also does great in the dishwasher. I use it so much I got one for my parents and now they're hooked too. My dad (Texan) makes this delicous salsa (it's so much cheaper, healthier and more delicous than store-bought)...just use the chopper to mince the jalapenos then chop the onions before adding remaining ingredients:

1 (15 oz) can whole peeled tomatoes
1/3 large sweet onion, diced
4 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 fresh jalapeno, seeded and diced
1/4 cup fresh cilantro
2 tsp apple cider vinegar
1 lime, juice only
salt and pepper to taste

However, if you are looking to make an investment, I kind of wish I'd gotten the 9 or 12-cup Kitchenaid Food Processor ($150-$200) b/c it comes with a 4-cup sized mini bowl that can do all the same stuff this 3-cup one does.

4.0 out of 5 stars Kitchen Essential, May 9, 2007
M. Gee (Tulsa, OK United States) - See all my reviews
I received this as a gift two years ago. It is great for small jobs where you really need items finely chopped. Not great if you want items cut in larger pieces. It will pulverize the stuff pretty quickly if you aren't paying attention. Anyway, it works great for my cooking style. Bought one for my mother-in-law last year. She loves hers too.

4.0 out of 5 stars Solution to Pulse Button Problem, December 30, 2013
This review is from: KitchenAid 3-Cup Chef's Chopper, Chrome (Kitchen)
I actually bought a slightly different model than this one, but I also ran in to the pulse button issue. You know you have this problem if you have the chopper plugged in and pushing the Pulse button doesn't do anything. I decided to investigate a little more invasively than I would have otherwise since the next step was to toss it. To investigate, I cut off the Pulse button cover to see if there was a problem with the button contact. That didn't really yield any results, but it did lead to me noticing something important.

Take your bowl in one hand, then rotate it around (while holding the handle) so that the handle is facing away from you. After doing that, lift it up and look at the bottom of the handle. You should see a little circular nob that's pulled back into the handle. Now attach the lid to the bowl and look again. You should see that nob poking out now. Now look at the base where the bowl attaches just above the Pulse button. You'll see a white circle. That depresses and is a safety to prevent the blade from running without the lid attached. When the bowl is in place properly and the lid snaps tight, the nob pushes out and depresses that circle.

So, to get this working properly, make sure you have the bowl attached so the handle faces directly out and that the lid is attached properly. If it still doesn't work, you may be able to get it working again by examining the lower part of the handle to see if that mechanism isn't working exactly right. For me, my problem was simply attaching the bowl incorrectly.

1.0 out of 5 stars Stopped worn down, September 21, 2009

4.0 out of 5 stars Quality KitchenAid.. just beware of size, January 8, 2008
Libertine Venus (New York, New York) - See all my reviews
This review is from: KitchenAid 3-Cup Chef's Chopper, Chrome (Kitchen)
For some reason, I thought this was a larger unit. It's rather small, but it wasn't a tragedy.. as I prefer having a small unit for small jobs.. and a larger one for larger jobs. As always, high quality from KitchenAid!

2.0 out of 5 stars Bad Button, January 18, 2012
This review is from: KitchenAid 3-Cup Chef's Chopper, Chrome (Kitchen)
It's really too bad that the button is so poorly made. We've had this processor for a couple of years and we just loved it until the button suddenly stopped working. It's a shame since the rest of it worked great. Talk about frustrating--filling the bowl only to find that it wouldn't do a darned thing. So now I'm back to chopping by hand, in search of a food processor that's more durable.

1.0 out of 5 stars Died after 1 year, February 13, 2011
This review is from: KitchenAid 3-Cup Chef's Chopper, Chrome (Kitchen)
We loved this chopper until it died after 1 year and a few days. It had a 1 yr warranty, so no remedy. We've had other choppers & seems like they tend to die early. We used it occasionally, mainly for onions. I had one that I loved for 20+years & I sure wish I could get another. Unfortunately, I don't recall the brand but it looked like this one.

1.0 out of 5 stars Grat price but not an investment, September 7, 2009
Kay Sea (chicago, IL) - See all my reviews
This review is from: KitchenAid 3-Cup Chef's Chopper, Chrome (Kitchen)
I bought this form Target. It worked as advertised. However, after chopping up some garlic, some of the small garlic bits got into the handle through multiple holes in the design where the cover and the work bowl locks into place with the motor.There is no way to clean off the bits stuck in the handle once it gets in there.

I'm planning on returning this unit.

2.0 out of 5 stars Workhorse until it stopped running, November 27, 2013
This review is from: KitchenAid 3-Cup Chef's Chopper, Chrome (Kitchen)
Like other reviewers, I really enjoyed my brief love affair with my Chef's Chopper. Mine lasted a little longer than other people's (4 years), but that was with extremely intermittent use. As in I used this less times per year than I had off of work for federal holidays.

I am also a big KitchenAid fan. I checked the circuits and it is dead, so my guess is that the sensor is somehow faulty. Most other reviewers mention that the pulse button stopped working, but my vote is that the safety sensor is the guilty party on this puppy.

1.0 out of 5 stars Useless if you want to make mayonnaise, January 17, 2014
This review is from: KitchenAid 3-Cup Chef's Chopper, Chrome (Kitchen)
Bought this Kitchenaid chopper to replace my Cuisinart mini-prep. Am returning it as it is impossible to make mayo in it. The blade sits too high in the bowl, it doesn't touch the egg yolk and there is no way to fit the blade so it sits lower in the bowl. The blade just spins over the egg yolk, is not touching it. I would call that a design flaw....

KitchenAid 3-Cup Chef's Chopper, Chrome