Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $15.91 shipping
KitchenAid Beautiful Red 2-Speed Immersion Blender
|Price:||$55.50 & FREE Shipping|
Usually ships within 3 to 4 days.
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Blends, purees, and crushes
- 5' long power cord
- 3-cup BPA-free blending jar with lid and non-slip base included
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Color: Emp Red
Top Customer Reviews
The problem is the seal on the bottom of the mixing shaft under the blade. There is a rubber gasket or sealer that does not seal, but traps blended food under it. After a through washing and allowing it to stand and dry the food particles leak out and dry. I used mine daily, week days at work, to make a whole food/protein shake. Each day I washed it thoroughly and dried it. The next day I would take it to make my shake and note that particles of yesterdays shake had seeped out from under the rubber seal. I tried cleaning under the seal on the outside only to discover that the problem also appears to be in the center next to the shaft where it is impossible to clean. I could actually see food trapped half under the rubber seal and there is no way to clean it out. My shakes are green in color and I can see the green, gradually turn to brown, on the outer edge of the rubber seal and again whole food trapped under the center.
Amazon has been great about returning products that are defective and has assured me that they will get me a full refund for this product. My problem now is finding a quality hand blender equal to the top of the line Braun to replace this KA.Read more ›
This whips up a storm, its detachable head cleans perfectly in the dishwasher with no fuss. It has tremendous power and its design sucks the food into the blade and a circular motion is set up for efficient blending. It does not whip cream, you need a whisk or beater for that. Instead it would turn cream to butter. It is kind of heavy but stands up on its own without tipping over. The beaker is the perfect container. It is kind of tall and the cord has so much memory that it takes up too much space on the shelf over my sink where I keep it. There is no safety. At all. If it were plugged in and you accidently hit the switch while your finger were in the blade, they would be chopped up. Because of this, it should never be stored plugged in. But overall, I do like it and I use it often. If I had small children, I would not have this in the house. And if I were teaching a child to cook, I would never, ever use it.
Whether or not this is a worthwhile purchase for you really depends on your needs in your kitchen.
That being said, here are a few thoughts:
1. It's a little bit heard to clean the underside of the blade by hand. Probably the best way would be to immerse it in hot soapy water and blend. I personally prefer cleaning things like this immediately rather than putting it in the dishwasher, but it certainly is dishwasher-safe.
2. No ON switch, just pulse. But I find that preferable, as the pulse switch is located on the grip, and considering the sharpness of the blades, it's a good safety feature.
3. Power levels go up to 9, but I find the lower setting to generally be sufficient. When the setting is too high, the blades create a powerful suction with the bottom of the container. This can grow annoying at times.
4. This doesn't replace a blender nor does it replace a handmixer. If you make shakes or smoothies, soups, or other foods requiring puree, and find your blender for some of these to be cumbersome, this product may be something to consider.
5. The cup it comes with seemed really handy when I opened the box, but so far I've used it for nothing more than a holding container for the appliance on my counter top.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Excellent design. I like the removable cutter assembly which you can take to the sink without unplugging the motor. Read morePublished 2 months ago by Doc
This is too heavy for me and feels clumsy when using because of the weight and the placement of the button. Removing the rod from the shaft is difficult. This is just too bulky. Read morePublished 4 months ago by Isle Girl
I have various forms of blenders: a blender, a hand mixer, and now this stick blender. I love this one! Read morePublished 7 months ago by MW
Too expensive. The one's off the shelf are half this price. My wife bought this off my account for me and didn't know.Published 11 months ago by Shane
Retire your stationary blender and some uses for your food processor! This small tool is an absolute powerhouse of easy blending and even mincing and chopping capability. Read morePublished on December 26, 2013 by Joann Leonard
This is a great hand blender. Since it's metal on the bottom you can also use it for hot soups on the stove, which is nice. Read morePublished on October 9, 2013 by timswife