4.0 out of 5 stars Not 100% mixer friendly
Published on March 22, 2010 by Dixie Darlin'

3.0 out of 5 stars KitchenAid Best-Loved Recipes
A little disappointed as I believed that all recipes were made to use of my stand mixer.
Published on July 19, 2010 by MissClaire

4.0 out of 5 stars Not 100% mixer friendly, March 22, 2010
This review is from: KitchenAid Best-Loved Recipes (Hardcover)
This is a beautifully illustrated and well done cookbook with many great recipes. However, many recipes are duplicated in the booklet that comes with the KitchenAid mixer and far too many are recipes that don't use a mixer at all. As a new KitchenAid customer, I was expecting far more ways to use my mixer in the cooking process. That being said, I don't think anyone would be unhappy with the book at this price.

4.0 out of 5 stars Uses your stand mixer every time!, April 26, 2010
Sharon Perkins (Cordele,, GA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: KitchenAid Best-Loved Recipes (Hardcover)
I bought the KitchenAid Artisan stand mixer. It sat on my counter for a month, not being used. So I bought The KitchenAid Best Loved cookbook. This cookbook has pictures for nearly every recipe, and the recipes are explained well. However, parts of the book are beyond my cooking needs. For instance, the Appetizer section: recipes are for high-brow types, not down home South Georgia types like me. The Cakes, Cookies, Candies and Desserts are more my speed, as I am familiar with these goodies.(What Southern cook isn't?) Only about 5 of the entrees were useful for my needs, but they sure are useful! I liked only a couple of salads, and side dishes. So, I probably won't get my moneys worth from this book. Someone who entertains a lot, would do well to buy this book.

3.0 out of 5 stars KitchenAid Best-Loved Recipes, July 19, 2010

1.0 out of 5 stars Misleading Title, January 28, 2011
This review is from: KitchenAid Best-Loved Recipes (Hardcover)
This book was a disappointment. You would expect a book entitled "KitchenAid Best-Loved Recipes" would actually contain KitchenAid Recipes. Yes, there are some of those recipes and a whole lot of others that don't go near a stand mixer. This should have been called "The KitchenAid and Food Processor Recipe Book." I was hoping to learn more about my new machine by following the directions for making bread, for example. If you're thinking that this might be a way of getting some experience with a KitchenAid machine, look elsewhere.

In addition, the recipes are not all that interesting and many do not have photographs.

3.0 out of 5 stars I felt it should have left out the KitchenAid title, April 1, 2011
I LOVE my new KitchenAid stand mixer so I bought this, THINKING it was going to be all mixer recipes ... I was WRONG. There are several recipes that can be used by your KitchenAid, but the majority were just everyday recipes ... not useable with your KitchenAid. Good recipes, but not useful with the mixer.

It's a good recipe book, but if like me, you're looking for a large number of mixer recipes ... not the best, in my opinion.

3.0 out of 5 stars It's ok, January 29, 2012
This review is from: KitchenAid Best-Loved Recipes (Hardcover)
Just got a new KitchenAid mixer blender for Christmas and wanted a cookbook with recipes using the mixer. Most of the recipes don't require the mixer. I browsed through it quickly and noticed that some recipes may be a bit too advanced for me...but that's me..I'm just a beginner. The book itself is colorful with nice vibrant pictures. Hopefully someday it will be useful.

5.0 out of 5 stars kitchenaid cookbook, August 18, 2011
I own a kitchenaid mixer and lost the book that came with it during a move. I found this book at amazon.com and am very happy to report it is great. It is not exactly like the one I lost but has some of the recipes that the other one had and am happy to report it contained the one I needed. It also has many more very good ones as well. It was listed as "used condition" but the one I received seems to have never been used.

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Presentation!, December 30, 2010
This review is from: KitchenAid Best-Loved Recipes (Hardcover)
This is a gorgeous cookbook. The glossy hard cover and amazing pictures make it a great addition to any cookbook shelf and a pleasure to page through. I've already bookmarked at least a dozen recipes to try. There's a great introduction, well-organized table-of-contents, and comprehensive glossaries and indexes. My only criticism is that not all the recipes need the help of the KitchenAid stand mixer, and those recipes seem out of place (sushi rolls, for example). Also, speaking as a vegetarian, there was a lot more meat in the recipes than expected from a cookbook that I thought would mostly include baked goods!

5.0 out of 5 stars Kitchenaid Best Loved Recipes, August 13, 2011
This review is from: KitchenAid Best-Loved Recipes (Hardcover)
Fabulous book . I have already made a few dishes and they are great . The recipes are easy to follow using a lot of the items I already had at home .

2.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected, March 7, 2011
I was looking for a cookbook full of recipes to use my KitchenAid mixer. The recipes are OK but are not strictly for KitchenAid mixers.

KitchenAid Best-Loved Recipes
KitchenAid Best-Loved Recipes by Editors of Publications International (Hardcover - August 15, 2008)
$12.98 $7.99