5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Buy!
I just bought these and was so pleased when they arrived. I like the Kitchen Aid brand as it is, but these were a perfect purchase for me. The set filled out my missing utensils and are a handsome addition to my kitchen.

Published on June 19, 2012 by Linsey Song

3.0 out of 5 stars Kitchen utensils
This stuff works. It's not the world's greatest set, but you get what you pay for. If you want something blessed by the monks and forged in the fires of Mordor, maybe you should expect to pay more money...
Published 20 months ago by J.T.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Buy!, June 19, 2012
Linsey Song (Irvine, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: KitchenAid Classic 17-piece Tools and Gadget Set, Black (Kitchen)

They feel robust and well made and it is an excellent selection for a starter set or even as a later addition to your regular kitchen utensils.

For the price you get pretty much most of what you are going to need for every day cooking. Well worth the purchase!

5.0 out of 5 stars Strong and Sturdy, December 3, 2012
I couldn't be happier with all these Kitchenaid products. The spatulas, spoons, and thongs are very sturdy and don't bend easily when using. The can opener is easy to turn and the peeler has a nice big handle for an easy grip. This was a great bundle of quality to buy.

3.0 out of 5 stars Kitchen utensils, April 11, 2013

1.0 out of 5 stars Brand Name, Without the Quality, November 26, 2013
My can opener broke within a few months. Being a Kitchenaid I expected a lot more (decades of use), I was really let down by the quality. The metal on the teeth is cheap and wears down almost immediately. Kitchenaid mixers might be great(have one and love it), but their kitchen utensils are garbage with the Kitchenaid brand name slapped on. As someone else said the quality of each pieces is that of a dollar store, save yourself some money and go get them at the dollar store.

3.0 out of 5 stars Yeah, it does it all, but it just feels cheap. Good for a starter pack, but you'll want more., April 13, 2013
It's polished plastic, not rubber mould. It's okay in the sense that it does what I needed--to allow me to work in my new kitchen until I outfit it with quality stuff. That said, if you need a quick start--this will last you until you feel like splurging.

4.0 out of 5 stars Bang for the buck!, December 26, 2012
Lexander (Upper, MI, US) - See all my reviews
A great group of useful items and the price is also great! These are not the "Buy for lifetime" level of kitchen tools, but they are ones that hold up well under heavy abuse with our giant family and an "experimental" kitchen at points.

1.0 out of 5 stars KitchenAid says Wisk not spatula is part of kit., February 16, 2012
I bought this thinking it was cheaper than buying each item individually; but neither box had a spatula and one was missing the spoon. Very disappointed; I'd return it but didn't count the items as I put them in the dishwasher upon receipt...unless there's some vortex like 'missing sox in the dryer' I was simply short changed.

Decided after writing above to call kitchenaid; they were condescending and told me I should have looked at the box before ordering. Amazon's picture is, apparently, incorrect.

They will send the missing spoon and didn't seem surprised things were missing from the box. I can expect this within 30 business days (maybe before St. Patrick's Day?). No apologies, no respect from kitchenaid.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Set, May 8, 2012
Awesome set. These things have been great so far. Seems like high quality plastic. They are sturdy and aren't super flexible.I would purchase again.

3.0 out of 5 stars A good value but product performance & quality is outright lacking -- I would NOT recommend this product for most home usage, October 10, 2014
This KitchenAid tool set is not built to the quality-standards I have come to known and associate with the KitchenAid brand. Some of the tools included I find to be of outright unsatisfactory quality, and most of the tools I find are not well-suited for my frequent and heavier usage. Overall, the product quality is mediocre as this is a product that heavily favors value over quality. I would not recommend this KitchenAid product because much better-quality tools can be had for a similar price. Buying most of these tools separately allows the buyer to accumulate kitchen tools of notably better quality than the ones included here, and often for not much more money.

I agree with other Reviewers who feel that this product is "OK" or "So-so", but were disappointed with the quality because it fails to live up to the quality standards set by having that KitchenAid logo. This kit comes with a lot of must-have tools in very useful sizes, but the quality of these tools are not particularly great. If I could go back in time, I probably would not have purchased this set. This may be a useful kit for lighter or less-frequent usage, but if you are planning on frequent and harder usage, a different set (or purchasing the tools individually) may work better for your needs.

If I were to break it down, the specific tools I am the least happy with are the: can opener, tongs, whisk, spatula, grater, and spoons. Here's why...
---Can Opener - The can opener does not work very well - with some cans, it simply cannot maintain its grip and it frequently 'slips' off of the groove. This can be frustrating because I have spent a couple of minutes attempting to open a can that should have taken 10 seconds...it can also be wasteful if it knocks the can over when it slips off, not to mention that this can (unnecessarily) present a potentially dangerous situation. (I immediately replaced this with a AMCO can opener.)
---Tongs - The tongs are very limited in usage because of how the plastic flexes: they do not have any inner-traction to grab the food (so it often slips out of your grasp) and the handles flex making it impossible to apply sufficient pressure for heavier items. (I replaced this with the OXO Good Grips Stainless Tongs.)
---Spatula - The spatula is not very well-shaped to turn many kinds of foods and does not easily fit inside of saute pans with a higher wall. The overall design is extremely awkward. (I replaced this with a NorPro spatula.)
---Spoons - The spoons themselves are too flimsy to stir certain thicker foods. While great-sized and well-contoured, they start to bend pretty badly if attempting to stir something thick such as a batter. Heat causes them to become even more wobbly. (I replaced this product with Norpro and OXO spoons.)
---Grater - The grater itself has dulled pretty badly over just two years of light usage. (I replaced this product with a NorPro stainless grater.)

So more or less, I eventually wound up replacing more than 3/4 of this kit by buying higher-quality items separately. I wish I would have done this to begin with because the price of buying these separately isn't all that much more expensive than this kit. So your personal experience and results may vary, but based on my usage this is not a product I cannot recommend.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great variety, quality ok, April 7, 2012
This is a great one-stop way to get 90% of what you need for your kitchen, and I do recommend them.

A few of the pieces that have the kitchenaid logo on silver, have that handle area a bit roughed and looks wierd, but it's not a problem for their use, and it's just a small annoyance. None of the all-plastic pieces have this problem.

KitchenAid Classic 17-piece Tools and Gadget Set, Black
$59.99 $43.78
In stock. Usually ships within 4 to 5 days.