5.0 out of 5 stars The best shears in your home and garden
I love these! I have only use knives for large tasks now (like slicing a pineapple). I find myself using these shears for making my little ones foods more than any other utensil. I cut fajita strips into bite size, slice hot dogs into bites, cut celery into tiny pieces.

Published on January 25, 2011 by jacquelinemary

3.0 out of 5 stars KitchenAid Kitchen Shears
Found these, but in purple, at a local discount store for around $5. They are fine and cut well. But I was dissapointed that they don't come apart at the joint for more through cleaning. I would have expected that from a company who brags high quality kitchen items. So they are fine unless you are a germaphobe.
Published on February 1, 2012 by Harold Mustin

5.0 out of 5 stars The best shears in your home and garden, January 25, 2011

I love them so much I got another pair for my garden and indoor greenhouse. I take them out into the garden with a colander and quickly pick green beans, peas, cut cilantro off the plant, snip off spinich and lettuce.

Important that you do not leave these wet or soaking in the sink, or dishwash. Hand wash and dry for a long life.

My husband even got a 3rd pair for the garage.

5.0 out of 5 stars best all-purpose scissors!!!, December 14, 2011
3Girls (Pennsylvania) - See all my reviews
I have 2 pairs of these. The first pair was initially bought to cut our babies' food up, once each girl started on table food. We are on our third baby, and these blades are still so precise and sharp and long! We quickly started using these for EVERY culinary need, not just our childrens'. We cut up homemade pizza, grilled chicken for salads, you name it. We even use them to open food packaging (and admittedly on Christmas morning and at birthday parties to get toys out of their ridiculous packaging); these babies slice through the toughest of plastic and thickest of cardboard. They are in the dishwasher almost everyday, and have remained perfect for over 4 years. No dulling, pitting or anything. And we've never done any maintanence on them. Also, I don't ever use the protective sheath because the scissors are in constant use.

I am also a crafter, and needed a sharp pair of scissors for ribbon cutting. So, I "borrowed" our beloved kitchenaid scissors for some projects. Let's just say that these are perfect for this job also! Such a clean cut, no rough edges on any material~ paper, ribbon, tulle, even silk. Even with all the constant kitchen wear and wash. And they don't hurt my hands at all, and that is a feat in itself because I have bony hands, and am at the beginning stages of arthritis. These scissors beat out any other crafting/sewing scissors I've ever used... This is why I ended up having to get a second pair to replace these for the kitchen:)

Something I noticed and was pleased by is, that even though there were a few years in between my scissors purchases, the quality remained the same for both pairs. Sometimes you get something you love, and by the time you replace it, the manufacturer changed something in production, making the item end up not as great as before. Not the case at all for these scissors.

If you need scissors for the kitchen~ get these! If you are a crafter and are looking for the perfect scissors~ get these!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great shears, many uses, but a warning, July 23, 2012
This review is from: KitchenAid Cooks All-Purpose Shears, Red (Kitchen)
These shears are so useful, you may want two pairs. I use them for those EVIL clamshell packages that deter theft but make life harder for the rest of us. And they are great for cutting up rotisserie chicken or baked whole chicken.

Warning: they don't come apart at the hinges for cleaning. So you should not put these in the dishwasher and you should wash them by hand. To get out the grease and grime that eventually gathers at the hinge point, a spare toothbrush makes short work of any stuff stuck in there (there is always one in my kitchen drawer next to the sink.)

The handle color is the cheery red often found on KitchenAid accessories. Gardeners appreciate these also for picking green beans, herbs, and okra.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome scissors, September 16, 2012
H. Wax (Lancaster, PA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: KitchenAid Cooks All-Purpose Shears, Red (Kitchen)
Wow - I read the reviews and wasn't sure if these would be good or bad, but I can say they are the best scissors I've ever owned in my life. They're really sturdy, sharp, strong, and yet easy to use and relatively light weight. Yet they work like serious heavy scissors. I've been putting them through their paces now for several weeks and they haven't shown any signs of wear and tear. Excellent product...I think I'm going to buy an extra pair because I find myself using these for a lot of things outside the kitchen as well.

3.0 out of 5 stars KitchenAid Kitchen Shears, February 1, 2012
Harold Mustin (Montgomery, AL, US) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent All-Purpose Shears, July 21, 2012
This review is from: KitchenAid Cooks All-Purpose Shears, Red (Kitchen)
A reasonably priced, well made pair of scissors. These do whatever is asked of them and seem to be made for the long haul. A pleasure to use.

5.0 out of 5 stars KitchenAid Cooks All-Purpose Shears, Red, July 12, 2012
This review is from: KitchenAid Cooks All-Purpose Shears, Red (Kitchen)
Great Product! My wife uses them to cut the fat from the chicken breasts and she loves them! You can always rely on KitchenAid products...

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Kitchen Scissors I Ever Owned!!, June 5, 2012
Sheila L Schmitz "Sheila" (Lincolnton, Georgia, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: KitchenAid Cooks All-Purpose Shears, Red (Kitchen)
I love these scissors and wished I had discovered them years ago. I use them to cut all my meats--especially trimming fat and ligaments off meat. It use to take me a long time to trim up meat, but now with these scissors it takes me no time at all. But you should beware of how sharp these scissors are. If you are not careful it is easy to cut yourself with them. The first time I used them I cut one of my fingers slightly so now I am more careful when using them. Besides using them to trim up meat I also use them to cut meats up--such as steak in strips for stir fry. I have 3 other pair of scissors that are not of this brand and only use them when this pair of scissors needs washing. And I do wash these scissors in my dishwasher with no problem. Some time in the future I will be ordering at least one more pair of these scissors so that I will always have one available when the other one is in the dishwasher to be washed.

These scissors would also make an excellent gift for people you know who cook a lot.

4.0 out of 5 stars Comfort and function., October 14, 2011
This review is from: KitchenAid Cooks All-Purpose Shears, Red (Kitchen)
These shears are great for my larger hands, but my wife finds they're perfect for hers too. They cut easily, making the chore of separating chicken wing sections go by quickly. I would rate 5 stars, but other shears come apart for easy cleaning. This is, however, the only drawback I've found. A no-brainer for a guy looking to find a pair of shears you can get your hands in.

2.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy at first, handle broke pretty fast, June 14, 2013
This review is from: KitchenAid Cooks All-Purpose Shears, Red (Kitchen)
Moved to the Land of Opportunity, needed utilities and felt like getting the brand my mom always held very high. Turns out KitchenAid is not even close to where they once were. Certainly not these scissors, the handle broke (cracked) after a few months of use. And it rusts. Bought quite a lot of things from this brand, but can't really recommend anything except their frying pans.

KitchenAid Cooks All-Purpose Shears, Red