Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon Ty Dolla Sign egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Get Ready for the Winter Gifts Under $50 Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer bf15 bf15 bf15 $30 Off Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Black Friday Deals Black Friday Video Game Deals Outdoors Gift Guide on DOTD

on November 14, 2014
I am SO glad I did enough research to decide on this blender! I was leaning heavily toward the Breville or the more expensive Vitamix but I found a video review that did a very honest comparison of 5 blenders including KitchenAid, Breville, Hamilton Beach Professional, Blendtec, and Vitamix and the KitchenAid outperformed them all. The pitcher is plastic but it is so substantial I don't feel this is in any way cheap and the 60 ounce capacity is really great. I do smoothies almost every day and I am just amazed to find out how unnecessarily hard I had been working. What literally took me 5 minutes to do is now done in about 30 seconds and I don't have to turn the blender off and move things around and my smoothies are very thick with minimal added liquid. Cleanup is easy since I just rinse it out and then fill halfway with warm water and a couple of drops of dishwashing liquid and cycle the blender for 10 seconds or so and rinse it out and dry it and I'm done. There are no cracks around the buttons for dirt or splash to get into, so the metal base is super easy to keep clean. When I first put the lid on the pitcher I thought it was a very loose fit, but then I figured out there is a technique to putting the lid on. I put the lid on touching the pour spout area first and then lower the rear of the lid and it fits snug. One of the things I noticed on some other blenders was difficulty in taking off the lid. This blender doesn't struggle with anything and doesn't make me struggle either. Seriously, if you are considering buying a KitchenAid I can't imagine you would be less than thrilled with its performance. Watch the popularmechanics video review and you will see what swayed me.
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 9, 2013
I bought this blender about 3 weeks ago after considerable online research. I saw videos comparing brands like Vitamix, Blendtec, Oster, Ninja, and KitchenAid. When our second cheapie blender stopped working after about a year of very light duty and the desire to start making healthier smoothies and such, I wanted a high quality blender but not sure I was ready to drop $500-$700 on the top of the line blenders. The reviews seemed to say the cheaper KitchenAid KSB560 had trouble with leaking canisters. I don't want to fuss with returns.

This blender is awesome. It crushes ice in about 4 seconds and makes two smoothies in in less than 15 seconds. These protein shakes are mainly fruit and ice and not vegetables (which are tougher) but I don't suspect it would take much longer to turn the ingredients into a no-chunk, very smooth mixture. The only question is durability. I don't think the higher-end blenders could have done better. Really.
88 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 7, 2014
This blender is absolute junk! The gear that connects to the base, the one at the bottom of the jar, is plastic. As others have mentioned, it disintegrates in time. It's just insane that a company would have a plastic gear in a place where it will be spinning at high rates of speed. At first I thought the blender was great... it blends so well until it falls apart! That's why this blender has a 1 year warranty where others have 5 to 7 year warranties.

This blender lasted me 5 days and I was trying to be careful because I had already read the reviews about the plastic gear. I thought if I was careful it would last, but it's just such a poor design. It's too bad because the blade design is great... really blends well until it breaks. Sure they would send me another jar, but as I read in another review, the gear will just disintegrate again.

I called customer support and said that they need to replace the gear with an all metal gear and they just acted annoyed and said that there's nothing wrong with it and that they would replace the jar. If they would replace the gear with a metal one, I would do it, but since they don't want to make a quality product, I'll just return it.

Please don't buy this blender... you will regret it if you do!
review image
1111 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 9, 2013
This is the best blender I have owned. It makes great smoothies - no lumpy bits! It's also very easy to clean.
on July 23, 2014
This blender is very good at blending. The best blender I have owned. My old one was an Oster, a cheap $30 glass-container blender. This one blends much much better of course. It can make ice cubes into snow for a perfect snow cone. However, and that's a MAJOR however, this blender has one big flaw. The inside bolt in the jug rusts easily. By easily this is what I mean:
I bought one KitchenAid Diamond Vortex blender. Whenever I used it, I rinsed it very well thoroughly with water and made sure no water was inside before leaving to dry. I left in upright position, which never caused me any problems with my older Oster blender. One month later, the bolt had rusted because a tiny amount of water was always there around it and it wouldn't fall off by shaking. I don't believe a blender should require drying with a towel after each use.
I decided to give it another chance. Replaced the first one with another one. This time I thoroughly rinsed and then shaked it after use leaving it upside down to prevent any water from lingering down there. It has been 12 days since the use of the replacement. The bolt has rusted again. I really like this blender and given all the care I give to it and its high price, I cannot understand how can the inside of the jug be so poorly made with materials obviously not meant to withstand moisture. I wonder whether to return it again and buy another one. If it wasn't for this I would give it 5 stars. I really like the design of the buttons which if spilled on will not get any liquid inside the blender due to the one part rubber-like design on top. But the rusting... My cheap Oster blender did not rust in 5-7 years of use. Oh well, things are never perfect.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 24, 2014
I've had 2. The first made a racket after only a month so I returned it. The second one made the same racket during a similar time frame but I thought maybe I was being picky so I kept it. Today, 2 1/2 months after purchase, it started smoking and there was melted plastic on the interconnect to the container on the base. Now I will search another blender but not from Amazon or KitchenAid.
review image review image
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 16, 2014
We upgraded to this blender and really have enjoyed it. It is very sturdy and blends everything we have put in it very well. Suggest that you unplug it before taking off the container. My husband accidentally hit the button while taking it off and it went everywhere, but it is a really nice blender.
on July 2, 2014
I purchased this blender in the Aqua Sky Blue (turquoise) color a few weeks ago. I had immediate buyers remorse - why did I just spend $150 on a blender, when I haven't used the one at my house for a year and a half? BUT it was totally worth the money. We have probably used it 20 times since we received it.

As far as how it works - I am very picky when it comes to blending ice - I do not like any ice chunks, which is the main reason I had stopped using our old blender (an Oster). I read a lot of reviews of this product (both on Amazon and on the web) the general consensus was it blends ice very well. And it does - smoothies, daiquiris, margaritas, all come out super smooth....Smoothie King smooth. I also used it to crush graham crackers to a flour-like consistency for a recipe, and used it to puree a butter-egg mixture for baking. I know that some people have complained about the plastic pitcher but I don't mind it at all. Its a lot lighter and don't have to worry as much if you slam it in to the sink or something.

Cleaning is easy, you can throw it in the dishwasher. I would caution washing it by hand because you can't remove the blades at the bottom, so there is risk of getting cut. But usually a good rinse does the trick.

The aestheics probably shouldn't be important, but I think if you going to buy something, it might as well be cute. I loved all the color choices - it was a hard decision to make, but I love the color I picked, and it matches what was shown on the website.

While I've never used a fancier blender such as a Vitamix, for the price and the excellent reviews this blender has received, I would definitely recommend it. Its the best I've used!
on March 5, 2014
Works almost as well as a the other 300 bucks and buy this instead..The reason I say almost is cause sometimes there are tiny pieces (and I mean tiny) of spinach floating around when I make a green shake, where vitamix would be 100% blended
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 20, 2014
YES! We bought the KitchenAid Diamond KSB1575 in summer 2013. Per other reviews, it's terrific bang for the buck at crushing ice, chopping ingredients for food prep and processing fibrous fruits and vegetables into impeccable smoothies. It's easy to clean inside and out, without a bunch of over-designed crevices that force you to use a toothpick. The pitcher is definitely plastic -- not glass.

NO! Six months later, the pitcher began leaking at the bottom. The rubber gasket on the exterior underside that fits into the blade assembly is disintegrating. The blender has a one-year warranty, although KitchenAid customer service advised the needed replacement pitcher is on 1-2 weeks back order. We'll try coating the gasket with a sealant to hold it together until then (fingers crossed).

HUH: This seems to be a problem with many blenders, including pricier ones. Reviews for earlier KitchenAid models also complain about the rubber seal, so it's too bad their engineers haven't fixed it yet. We'd still buy this again, though. Hard to beat for cost and efficacy.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse