5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous Upgrade for a 4.5 qt Mixer as well
I have a 4.5 qt mixer and checked with kitchen aid to see if this 5qt bowl would
fit. They said it would and it arrived yesterday. I made my first cake in it and
was very pleased. The bowl is easy to put on and doesn't hit the pedestal.
I loved being able to see the ingredients through the bowl. The bowl
looks fabulously swanky on the stand mixer...
Published on August 14, 2010 by A. L. W.

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice bowl, but somewhat heavy - I prefer the original metal bowl
I was really looking forward to getting this bowl - both because the tighter fitting lid would keep clouds of flour from settling all over everything when I used the mixer, and because I wanted a bowl that was microwaveable (to soften butter, etc.).

But now that I have it, I rarely bother with it. I found the cover is just for refrigerating the bowl - can't be...
Published on April 3, 2011 by SJP

‹ Previous | 1 2 337 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Kitchen aid Glass Bowl, May 19, 2010
This review is from: KitchenAid 5-Quart Glass Bowl (Kitchen)
An excellent addition to the Kitchenaid mixer. Really sturdy and nice thick glass, I bought this so I could re-heat items in it in the microwave. I have used it to melt chocolate in and to warm up mashed potatoes after whipping them. The lid is really handy too.
A great item!

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally a glass mixing bowl for Kitchen Aid, June 30, 2010
This review is from: KitchenAid 5-Quart Glass Bowl (Kitchen)
A glass bowl for the kitchen aid has been long time in coming. The features of freezer to microwave are great. The only disadvantage is it is a bit heavy. It only fits the smaller mixers. I hope a 6 Qt model is in the works.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great Idea but flawed design, May 31, 2011
This review is from: KitchenAid 5-Quart Glass Bowl (Kitchen)
Loved this glass bowl but find the plastic screw adaptor on the bottom collects water and needs to be removed with each wash. Do NOT screw it on too tight or the glass will crumble rendering the heavy glass bowl unusable. Wish there was some type of better adapter for the bottom.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful addition to my KitchenAid mixer!, July 24, 2010
This review is from: KitchenAid 5-Quart Glass Bowl (Kitchen)
This was a brilliant idea by the folks from KitchenAid. It's larger than my original bowl, and the lid that's included keeps things from drying out while they're chilling. Although it seems a bit pricey, the quality is definitely right up there with all of my other KitchenAid items. If you're thinking about buying this piece, don't hesitate.

5.0 out of 5 stars THE BEST!, May 21, 2012
This review is from: KitchenAid 5-Quart Glass Bowl (Kitchen)
This glass bowl was made to fit The Classic K45 4.5qt(4.25L),KSM 4.5qt(4.25L) and the 5qt (4.73L), KitchenAid tilt-head stand mixers. I could not find this information anywhere when I was trying to purchase my new glass bowl. I had to go direct to KitchenAid. A nice feature is the Cups/Oz measurments on one side of the outside of the bowl, Milliliters/Liters on the outside of the other side of the bowl. This could of been improved by being on the inside of the bowl, and in a black color. It is difficult for those of us 60+ to bend over, and try to find a clear mark on a bowl with our bad eyesight and arthritis. It has a nice pour spout for any of your batters. Another nice feature for those of us working with decorating icings, and more, is the air tight cover. Dishwasher safe, 2 parts top shelf, the bowl, bottom shelf.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great addition the KitchenAid mixer!, February 26, 2011
This review is from: KitchenAid 5-Quart Glass Bowl (Kitchen)
I absolutely love my pink Artisan KitchenAid mixer and I thought baking life with it was as good as it gets. Then I found this bowl. I was thinking of buying another stainless steel bowl, and I am glad I held out for this one! This bowl seems to work better mixing certain ingredients, like honey. On my stainless steel bowl the honey would always stick to the bottom of the bowl, and I would have to stop the mixer to scrape it off the bottom, and sometimes repeat. This bowl doesn't have a problem it mixes everything evenly!

I made cream cheese frosting and was able to put the cover on and stick it in the fridge!

Great bowl, might even buy another one!

5.0 out of 5 stars At first it didn't fit!, December 25, 2012
This review is from: KitchenAid 5-Quart Glass Bowl (Kitchen)
I have an older 4 1/2 qt mixer but all the reviews said it would fit. When I locked the bowl on the metal base, the glass handle hit the mixer pedestal on the left hand side. Great I thought - now what do I do? By dumb luck & thanks to a fellow reviewer it now fits snug as a bug.

I removed the 3 screws holding the circular metal base to the mixer, turned the metal base 1 hole to the right, put the screws back in, made sure the plastic adapter on the bowl was nice & tight, set the glass bowl back on the mixer base, turned it to the left until it dropped into the base slots, continued to turn the bowl to the left till it stopped.

Tada. The bowl handle now stops short of the pedestal. Be sure you keep the plastic adapter on the bowl bottom snug.

Used this great bowl to make the America's Test Kitchen recipe for Whipping Potatoes & I couldn't be happier!

3.0 out of 5 stars Bowl unscrews from base and is BIG., March 24, 2011
This review is from: KitchenAid 5-Quart Glass Bowl (Kitchen)
My main hassle was that the plastic bit at the bottom kept coming off the glass, unscrewing and dislodging.
However my husband recently fixed this using plummers tape which has improved the usability out of sight.
I think I will start feeling better about the bowl if it continues to remain attached to the plastic thread which screws onto the mixer base.

It looks GREAT but was also surprisingly big, heavy and cumbersome to put in place . A medium size glass bowl - a size between the small bowl and this one would have been easier to manage and more practical. However it does contain everything,(& more without running out of space=very useful for bulk cooking), and it has a useful lid. However more often I end up using the smaller stainless steel bowl as it doesn't take up a quarter of the dishwasher or half a shelf in the fridge.

3.0 out of 5 stars Glass is breakable!, July 21, 2012
J.C. (United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: KitchenAid 5-Quart Glass Bowl (Kitchen)
This bowl is substantially heavier than the stainless steel bowl, which can be difficult for maneuvering. I like the look of the glass and the ability to see what's happening from all sides. Unfortunately our bowl cracked from top to bottom after about 3 years of very infrequent use.

4.0 out of 5 stars Such A Treat, July 1, 2013
This review is from: KitchenAid 5-Quart Glass Bowl (Kitchen)
This new glass bowl is my mixer's new best friend. The graduated measuring lines make it so you can perfectly plan how much ingredient is required, as well as a molded pouring spout to cut down on messes.

Everything about this glass bowl is A-One. When baking cakes, I now know how much is half the batter. I can figure out how much batter to put in each muffin or cupcake pan. The ingredients for a pie are measured, so I now understand how much is required so the pie filling is not too much or not enough. This makes the baking life so much easier!

The bowl and lid are very easy to clean. The bowl fell from my counter and did not splatter into little glass shreds. I have no idea if this is break free, but it did not crack or break. You can put this in your dishwasher, though I prefer to hand wash.

Not enough superlatives to exclaim about this new glass bowl'

Highly Recommended. prisrob 07-01-13