Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon Ed Sheeran egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty Deals Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer minions minions minions  Amazon Echo Starting at $84.99 Kindle Black Friday Deals BestoftheYear Shop Now HTL

on May 28, 2014
We purchased this model refrigerator in December 2012. There are a lot of great aspects of this refrigerator (space, lighting, ice and water) that we have enjoyed, however, I would not recommend this product. We began having issues with the cooling system the end of April 2014. The food in the freezer seemed a little "soft" and I thought perhaps that someone in the family had not closed the freezer drawer properly. I began to pay closer attention to the freezer drawer--it was shut properly and indeed our food had started to thaw. We realized the seriousness of the problem when our young daughter asked us why there were crumbs in her milk after finishing the glass. We called the Whirlpool Service plan people and they had a repair tech come out on May 1, 2014. I had taken all of our food out of the freezer compartment (because it was thawing) which in turn allowed the cooling system to "catch up" and return to an acceptable cooling range based on Whirlpool's guidelines. We were told by that repair tech that our system was fine and no repairs were recommended by Whirlpool as this point. Unacceptable. We were told to put food back into the freezer and refrigerator so that it could be tested under normal use. Unacceptable. A different repair service came out on May 2, 2014, investigated the problem in more detail, ran some tests and returned May10 to receive the test results. It was determined that indeed there was a leak in the cooling system. Over 10 days without a refrigerator at this point. Our claim had to go through an internal Whirlpool process to determine if our claim would be handled through the KitchenAid Repair Plan Plus One Service or if it was a manufacturers claim. It was determined that Whirlpool would replace our malfunctioning refrigerator (under the manufacturer's warranty) with an updated model of the same refrigerator. We were given an estimated delivery date of May 22, 2014 for our new refrigerator. The refrigerator never came and was then told May 29 as an estimated date of delivery because this model is on backorder. Now per a conversation today with a Kitchen Aid Product Review Board Representative the estimated date to receive a refrigerator is June 3. We will have gone over 34 days without a refrigerator! I am extremely disappointed and frustrated with Whirlpool's replacement process. I have had to initiate every contact with Whirlpool regarding the status of our claim. I have experienced long wait times to reach someone by phone (over 25 minutes today to speak with an actual person) and another 20 plus minutes to accelerate my call to a supervisor. We thought we were purchasing a high-end product from a reputable manufacturer. Over a month without a refrigerator and still waiting. Unacceptable. The replacement process, unacceptable. Long wait times to speak to someone at Whirlpool, unacceptable. Unacceptable.
on August 8, 2014
I bought this refrigerator on April 13, 2013. By October 2013, I had problems with the ice maker and condensation build up in refrigerator. I bought this product at BrandsMart, which by the way has atrocious customer service. The bouncing back and forth between departments is pathetic. I had continuous problems with the ice maker and condensation problems until April 2014. After April 2014, my extended warranty kicked in. Apparently, there is a problem with the ice maker and Whirlpool (which owns KitchenAid) has not been able to fix it. This is per technicians that have come to fix the unit numerous times. My freezer and refrigerator stopped working on Sunday, August 3, 2014. I called service repair from my extended warranty company. I was able to finally get a technician to come out on August 8, 2014, after fighting with BrandsMart about scheduling problems, in which they were at fault. My refrigerator has been non-functional for 6 days now. The technician had to order parts, which included a compressor. I was told parts might come in some time next week. So in a nutshell, I have had nothing but problems with this refrigerator beginning 6 months after purchase. The unit price was $2,399.88 plus tax. What a piece of junk. Taking time off from work to wait for repair on a faulty product is unacceptable and consumers should not put up with inconsiderate and disrespectful treatment. Would filing a Class Action Lawsuit be beneficial? Any suggestions on how to start one would be highly appreciated. I'm in Florida.
on December 3, 2013
This refrigerator is LOUD, there is condensation/frost buildup on the back wall and ice maker doesn't work! Do not buy this refrigerator! Purchased this in March 2013 and immediately noticed that it was VERY LOUD. KitchenAid refers to this noise as "normal sounds" and "sounds that are unfamiliar to you". Yes, I am unfamiliar with sounds so loud that I thought the thing was going to explode, even had to turn up the volume on the TV! (I've recorded it a few times and the repairman can't believe it.) The condensation and frost started almost immediately and the ice maker stopped working after the first repair. The repairman just left for the fourth time trying to fix the frost and condensation problem and we have a 5th visit scheduled to install the third ice maker.
44 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 3, 2014
ave had this fridge for almost a year. We have an issue where the freon lines freeze up and the freezer is not cold. Apparently this is a known issue according to the technician who finally came out today (waited a week for someone to show up to do warranty service). There is a kit we need to fix it, and he did not have one and would have to order it. He told us we will have to wait another week to get him to come back with the part to fix it. As you can imagine, going 2 weeks without a freezer is not acceptable to me. Warranty service from Kitchenaid is very poor, I have called several times trying to get service sooner and I all I have been told is sorry, not going to happen. Ice production is not very good, makes only about a pound of ice per day unless you turn on the "max ice" option (which probably doubles production). That option only stays on for 24 hours, so I am every day having to remember to turn the max ice on. In summary, its a very pretty, expensive, noisy and useless fridge.
on June 9, 2014
Worst frig I've ever owned, have had 3 repairs, 6 visits from repairman! And it's still not cooling properly and the fan is getting loud again! Will be calling for more repairs ... Stay clear, lemon!
on August 19, 2014
I feel everyone's pain, my fridge has been " repaired" 3 times to no avail. I asked for a replacement today. I mentioned I knew I was protected under California's lemon law. I hope that expedites the process. I WILL see this through, I'm seriously disappointed in this product.
on March 17, 2014
So disappointed. We searched for ever for the layout we wanted. Many fridges required a lot of effort to get to the ice bin, we loved that this ice bin was easily accessible inside the door, not doors to open or trays to be lifted out. We loved all the spacious easy to see area inside the fridge and the multiple drawers in the freezer.
Two months after ownership the upper fridge seam started to show ice build up. In their efforts the problem, this created a new problem where now the ice still builds up and the ice maker no longer works.
Kitchenaid has sent repair people to my house for 5 appointments now for the same problems. They are unable to repair it. Their techs say that the kitchenaid lab knows they have a problem but Kitchenaid refuses to replace or refund on my 4 month old fridge, even though I have been having them repair it since it was 2 months old. Kitchenaid states that as part of their warranty their only obligation is to continually make repairs, indefinitely. You will wait on hold forever to get them to answer to set up your repeated service calls. The staff is only trained to repeat the policy of unlimited repairs and schedule you another day to take off work to wait for someone to repair the fridge again. My entire kitchen is kitchenaid products, I am so sad that I ever selected a company with such poor warranty coverage. They do not stand behind their products. It's too bad because they seem to design amazing products and I am a Realtor, I get to recommend products to a lot of people but I wouldn't ever be able to recommend a company that guarantees their products so poorly
on August 2, 2014
Just to confirm all the issues brought up in other reviews about the fridge are all true. Condensation & frost around the ice makers and leaking of freon causing the freezer not reaching the required temperature. I also have additional problem with heavy water leaks initially when we use the water dispenser. Just realized it leaks when it tries to replenish ice. Does not help when the retailer kept telling me I am over reacting to these series of situations.
on June 9, 2014
Do not buy this product unless you are willing to gamble over $2000. First one died within months. Second one less than one month. Third one in a little over one year. All of them dripped water from ice maker and I was told I was crazy because nothing was wrong with fridge. Flash forward to the third one and finally a service update was issued to fix this problem, but it failed anyway. Failures were caused by various items, fans, controller board, and eventually ran out of coolant. We were lucky to have a small retailer with a good relationship with the Whirlpool/Kitchenaid sales rep to have it replaced even out of warranty. DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT. YOU WILL GET SCREWED.
on April 13, 2014
Everything you're reading is true. We purchased this refrigerator 60 days ago and have 5th service call tomorrow for the 3rd separate issue. It's leaked water from the top of the fresh good area, the ice maker has failed, and now the freezer is running at about 35 degrees. Steer clear. Terrible product and even worse customer service.