4.0 out of 5 stars Works very well
After years of not having a food processor, finally broke down and bought this one. I'd made do with a stand mixer, blender, mortar and pestle, and knives. Not sure why I waited so long to buy one, but am very glad I did.

The 750 works as advertised. It has a powerful motor, the various cutting blades perform well.

The reasons for giving the...
Published on January 12, 2005 by D. Wolf

Published on February 18, 2007 by FMG

4.0 out of 5 stars Works very well, January 12, 2005

The reasons for giving the product 4 stars instead of 5 are:

1. The lid does not seal very tightly so when processing liquids, there's a fair amount of leakage.

2. The mini-bowl is very handy and handles small amounts better than if they were put in the larger bowl; but, there is frequently some leakage into the main bowl.

These are minor issues and shouldn't discourage anyone from buying this machine. However, the new 760 model seems to have many more features for just a little bit more money. Before buying the 750, you should check to see if the 760 better meets what you need.

4.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful machine, January 6, 2006
A more accurate rating for this food processor, in my opinion, would be 4 and a half stars. It is truly a great machine. Sadly, this is my third food processor in 4 years, as I had two horrible experiences with other brands, before I finally bit the bullet and spent the cash on this one. I wish I had done that in the first place! I have used this processor for several applications and so far I am VERY pleased. It shreds cheese like a pro, chops veggies with ease, pulverizes nuts, is adept at making batters and doughs etc. It is a very powerful machine and can handle just about any task you throw at it. The smaller mixing bowl and blade attachment is very handy, too, and a welcome addition for those smaller jobs. Nobody likes having to wash a big bulky bowl for a little task like chopping a couple tablespoons of parsley. And I love the accessories case it comes with! Everything is neatly stored in one (somewhat) compact case for easy retrieval. The only downfalls to this machine (and why I felt I had to give it one less star) are the following:

1)It's gigantic size. This may be a non-issue for some people, but I have an older kitchen with lower cabinets. The machine is way too tall to fit under my cabinets. And even if it could fit, it's sheer bulk would probably prevent me from keeping it on the counter because it takes up very valuable counter space, another thing at a premium in my smaller, older kitchen. I am therefore forced to store mine in a cabinet, which takes away some of its convenience. Having to lug it out is not always a welcome chore.
2)As far as performance, my only complaint so far is that there is a significant delay when you stop the machine and when the actual blade stops rotating. This is an issue when making delicate pie doughs for example, because it makes it much easier to overprocess the dough, thus compromising its quality. I am trying to learn to compensate for this when processing pie dough, pulsing it fewer times than I normally would. But,the performance of this machine would be perfect if only the blade stopped rotating the second you turned it off.

Other than that, I whole-heartedly recommend this product to anyone in the market for a food processor. It's extra roomy size (though a pain physically) is a wonderful feature when preparing larger batches of things. And at a lower price than before, this machine is a steal.

Editted to add (7/24/11): I have had this machine for several years now. I use it all the time and I love it. I have since moved to a different house and the size is no longer an issue for me. However, one other issue has creeped up and that's the cleanability. There are parts of the lid that are very difficult to clean with crevices and cracks that are virtually impossible to reach. So I have some build up in areas and I can't seem to get them clean. So a 4 star rating is still appropriate IMO.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great product with serious liquid limitations which make it a 4 cup food processor., February 18, 2007
This is a wondeerful food processor with a powerful and quiet motor. There is one odd feature that is not very clearly mentioned about the amount of limited liquid this unit can handle and should be well understood before one buys this device. First you will not be able to put much more than 2 inches of fluid, 4 cups(32 ounces)due to the short center shaft which is only 2 inches that holds the blade in the main cavity. This is a design limitation that could have been overcome with simple mechanical engineering by using the full height of the cavity which is 5 inches. Instead of using a longer center shaft designed to slide the small work bowl on,the Kitchenaid engineers used a short 2 inch shaft. This in turn severly limits the height of fluid in the main mixing cavity to 2 inches(4 cups), because fluid leaks out of the main cavity over the short 2 inch center shaft that holds the processor blade. Unfortunately, this essentially makes the 12 cup a 4 cup food processor for items with fluids envolved. This equates to a 67 percent capacity redution. There are other models out there that overcome this limitation by using a center shaft that has a height that is equal or slighty less than to the cavity height. Why Kitchenaid made this poor engineering decision is realy one of those engineering mysteries. Since everything else on this machine is highly engineered. Some things simply just don't make any sense and this most certainly is one of them.

Hopefully, Kitchenaid will redesign the main cavity with a taller center shaft and eliminate this serious liquid limitation.

5.0 out of 5 stars solid buy, December 21, 2004
Elizabeth Otwell (Clarkston, GA USA) - See all my reviews
I am so pleased with this purchase. I looked high and low for a food processor that does everything since I have a small kitchen and try to keep appliances to a minimum. So far, I have only used a 2 of the blades to grate and chop and I have made batches of cookie dough in it. It does dough so well that I do not plan on getting a stand mixer anymore. Everything comes apart simply and is a breeze to clean. Noise is at a minimum, doesn't shake at all. Simple to use, simple to clean. My only problem with it is that it's a quarter of an inch too tall to put on my countertop under my overhead cabinets.

5.0 out of 5 stars Whisper Quiet and powerful food processor, October 7, 2006
Craig (East Coast, USA) - See all my reviews
For years now, I have had my eye on KitchenAid products, namely their prominent stand mixers. So when the need for a GOOD food processor became a reality for me, I first looked at KitchenAid, and not much further. In comparison to other professional-styled food processor, the KitchenAid has a solid feel, the base is weighted nicely and the components fit together very well.

Starting at the top, the lid is made from a thick, clear plastic and has a generously-sized feed tube. It fits on the bowl very well and locks into place securely. However, I have noticed while processing, the occasional liquid sometimes leaks out from the seam, but I have found this to be true of most any food processor if you put in too much liquid (solution... just don't processes as much liquid items at once, and if you must, switch to a blender). When locking the lid, you must place the lid with the tab to the left of the handle and spin it to the right. This took me some time to get used to, for I kept thinking I could spin the lid on from either direction. Not a deal breaker, I just had to get used to that, and in fact, I think it promotes a stronger final product. The same is true for locking down the bowl.

The food pusher separates into 2 pieces. There is a red plastic insert that twists off and comes out of the larger, clear plastic food pusher. Removing this red insert creates a smaller feed tube in the larger pusher which is handy for feeding smaller (thinner) items such as carrots or the like when you want greater control of how the food hits the slicing blade. On the other side of the large, clear plastic food pusher is a measuring cup offering measurement scales in ml (up to 100), oz (up to 4), pts (up to .2), and cups (up to 1/2). This is handy for making quick measurements when all your other measuring cups are not right at hand. In addition, the red, removable insert has a small hole in the bottom of it. This makes it ideal for slowly dripping oils or other liquids into your mixture when it is reinserted into the larger, clear plastic food pusher.

The bowl is AMAZING in how solid it feels. It locks onto the base with a quick spin to the right. The handle lines up on the center of the base and the bowl will no longer continue to turn once it is locked into place. Again, same as the lid, the bowl only locks on from one direction. The handle is the key for the locking mechanism for the lid-to-bowl and the bowl-to-base. Once the bowl is in place on the base and the lid is locked down to the bowl, there is a locking pin in the handle that engages and the bowl cannot be removed. Unlocking the lid will release the locking mechanism of the bowl from the base. There is a liquid level indicator mark on the bowl which you should heed in order to avoid that liquid leak from the seam of the lid. When cleaning the bowl, water sometimes has a tendency to get into the handle. This is the ONLY detraction I have come across with this item. You have to work a bit with some shaking to get the water out.

The blade inserts are VERY sharp!!! Handle with caution in and out of the food processor and in cleaning. The mini-bowl is a great add-on option for this already fantastic item. Other reviewers have mentioned that food sometimes falls over into the main bowl, but in my experience, that is an indication that you are trying to process too much in the mini-bowl. I use this for only very small amounts and for everything else, I use the main bowl... problem solved.

The base is again, very solid and well weighted. The button pad is completely covered so there is no chance of food leaking into the buttons. There is an On, Off, and Pulse button. I use the pulse button frequently as the engine is so powerful, you won't need extended food processing times as you might with other food processors to accomplish the same goal. Large rubber pad are found at the corners of the base to prevent sliding and movement when that big 700 watt motor fires up. And speaking of which, the motor on this unit is incredible. It is so powerful, yet it is like a whisper in comparison to the noise emission of other food processors I have used. You can actually talk on the phone and finish getting that recipe from Mom while processing your food. It is a delight to operate!!!

The accessory kit is generous and has a nice case that holds all your items together.

To conclude, I won't bore you with all the items I have processed in this KitchenAid 12-cup GOLIATH food processor, however, I will say that any job I have thrown at it, it makes "minced meat" out of!!! Bravo to KitchenAid for scoring an A+ with such a simple, yet delightful and highly functional kitchen tool that is sure to please the most demanding chef in each of us. A bit on the pricey side, but worth every penny!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a great product that does what it says., May 23, 2006
I bought this a week or two with the idea of making my own nut butters. I haven't gotten around to the nut butters yet, but I have made a few things so far.

1) Pizza dough - It says to stick to around 3 cups. My recipe was slightly over that and not only did it handle it perfectly but it mixed it so throughly and quickly, I was amazed. Much faster than my Kitchenaid Mixer.

2) Salad dressings. This works very well, though I used the big bowl when I should have used the small. I didn't think I would use the small bowl much but it's great. One handy feature when making salad dressings is that you can pour oil into one side of the plunger and it will drizzle into the bowl slowly. Very handy!

3) Chop veggies. This thing slices vegetables fast. I hadn't even grabbed the plunger yet and my pepper was already done! The blades are very sharp. I cut myself when washing it, so be very careful.

Everything with this unit is heavy and well-made. The included storage case is nice, but I agree that it should have a hinged lid, but that is a small matter compared to the way in which this product delivers. We get used to being disappointed by so many products that we invest in, so it's good to see someone come through for a change. I wish I had bought one sooner!

5.0 out of 5 stars Gets Better each time I use it. (SEE COMMENT for update), November 12, 2006
Just made dinner rolls with it last night. Only thing I have to do is get use to how quickly I get through things. I am a big fan. This was a begged-for birthday present and I continue to thank my family for it after these past few months. Of course, they don't seem to mind the output.

Really, being a gear-head kind of guy, I really cannot get any play-time with this "toy" because it just does its job so well. Example being the dough for last night's dinner rolls was done in just about two seconds after wet was poured into the dry ingredients. (defined as dough ball, with nothing on side walls of big bowl).

I would HIGHLY recommend this very processor to anyone, and the accessory storage is very nice. Cleanup is a breeze.

Oh, and lastly, it is truly quiet (but, again, you don't have it running too very long to begin with)

5.0 out of 5 stars KitchenAid 750 Food Processor is FABULOUS!, February 25, 2005
We just got this food processor and have used it three times (juicing & chopping) in the three days we've had it. It's fantastic! The juicer attachment did not work as well as we would have liked. It only extracted some of the juice from our 6 lemons, so we had to use a manual reemer to complete the job. But since we will rarely use this processor for juicing, we don't mind. (We didn't buy it for the juicing attachment, but since it came with one, we decided to use it because we happened to be making lemon curd.) We chop a lot of broccoli for our dogs--one bunch a day. With our 11-yr-old Krups, we had to cut the broccoli into 1-inch pieces and could not chop the entire bunch at once. It took a couple of minutes to process. With the KitchenAid, we were able to cut 2-3-inch pieces and fit the entire bunch into the bowl all at once. Three pulses later, we had finely minced broccoli. This machine is POWERFUL.

It's also easy to clean. Can't wait to use it for slicing vebetables and grating cheeses.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good machine...enjoy the quietness, March 6, 2006
I've had this processor for about three months. On the first day, I decided to make bread, and the dough blade suddenly stuck to the machine. When I called customer service to help me figure out what I did wrong, they told me that occasionally, this processor's dough blade fuses to the machine. I couldn't even get the containers removed to pack up because everything was stuck together. Fortunately, the customer service rep was really nice and sent out a new one immediately. I received my second new processor, and tried to make cookies. This time, everything worked fine, and the machine is quiet. I can even talk on the phone when using this food processor. I'm just glad that they exchanged the first one so quickly!

5.0 out of 5 stars Does liquids well, April 3, 2007
I've only had mine for a little over a week, but I've already used it for chopping, slicing, and lots of pureeing.

The unit is sturdily built, heavy and powerful, just as others describe.

But I want to comment on liquid jobs. If you are considering this unit for liquids, don't be scared off by the negative reviews. The shaft does indeed only rise halfway up in the bowl (this allows the minibowl and blade to sit on top/inside of the main bowl), so you cannot fill the unit to the top with liquid and expect it to be completely leak-free.

On the other hand, I've made mayonnaise, pureed for thin soup and made baba ganoush, and I did not end up with liquid/food all over the counter. I had barely a leak, and when I did, it was because I was stil learning the position the blade had to be in for removal, and so when it pulled off, a little leaked through the bowl hole.

It *is* important to not fill liquids too high, though this is true of any mixer/processor. Imagine trying to mix cake batter with a spoon in a bowl that you had filled too high -- stuff will fly out! The same is true of a processor.

However, that does not reduce it to a 4-cup capacity as someone claimed. I made a thin pureed soup and got more than 7 cups out of it. The bowl hole is about halfway up, so you won't get much more than that unless it's thick (like my baba ganoush).

Anyway, use some common sense and this excellent product will treat you fine. But if you need to be able to process 8 or 10 or more cups of thin liquid at a time, you need to buy a larger unit than this one.

Rate and Discover Movies