Automotive Deals Summer Reading Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro

on July 27, 2000
I love this juice extractor attachment. If you already own an 11 cup processor and you like fresh vegetable juices, than this product is great! I've always wanted to make my own carrot juice, but hated the juicers I've used at friends places. They are such a hassle to clean! I also didn't feel like having another machine in my kitchen. This juicer attachment only has three parts which you place in your processor and all are easy to clean and even dishwasher safe.
But most importantly - I didn't really expect it - it works! It's as fast as when you use a disc attachment. You push the vegetable in, the pulp is collected and the juice comes out. I highly recommend this attachment!
on March 31, 2003
I was skeptical of this attachment, but I am very happy with the results. I have had juicers before so I know what works and doesn't. This attachment was easy to use and was very effective. The pulp was dry so the juice yield was good. However, I would not recommend this for someone who wants to make juice in large quantities, as you need to clean the filter relatively frequently. Also, after making carrot juice the white parts of the attachment turn orange and do not clean easily, but I do not regard this as a major problem.
on May 6, 2003
This product is very useful and works as advertised, but has some flaws to be wary of.
Good points:
1. I juiced three pears in a little over a minute.
2. I don't have to find counter space for a separate juicer.
3. I can go from one fruit to the next quickly.
Bad points.
1. Pressing too hard on the intake tube causes it to brush up against the rotating shredder points on the bottom, causing it to shave off slight bits of plastic. I'm assuming this will be self correcting after using it a couple of times.
2. Pear peels tend to accumulate quickly and to thick levels on the mesh sides. I assume apple would too. It made it a bear to clean, even with a good soaking.
3. Cleaning means scraping your knuckles on the grater grid on the bottom.
on December 2, 2004
This was part of our wedding registry, and I am so glad that I got it to go with the food processer. It's so much better to have a switch-out ensemble instead of yet another appliance.

It's better than a stand alone juicer, and my juice always comes out cold and fresh.

Some advice for this item:

I did find that for cleaning, the thing that works the best is a bottle brush, the kind with the sponge at the end, and you clean going with the blades, so you don't shred your sponge. It also gets all the pulp out of the mesh.

I also found that feeding the items in slowly, and then letting it run for a couple of minutes gets out the max amount of juice. If you have any smaller add-in's like ginger, you have to put it through first so that the flavor doesn't get lost in the build up of pulp. A silicone spatula works really well for scooping out the stuff that's left behind as well.
on December 12, 2002
This is a great addition to my food processor! It gets more juice from fruits and vegetables faster than my old dedicate juicer, and since it works on my Kitchen Aid food processor, I have one less appliance on the counter now! Function is fast and flawless. As for the person below who thought it should do citrus. This is not a citrus juicer. You should use a reaming type device that is specifically made for citrus. In fact there is one available for the Kitchen Aid food processor also. My only small dislike is that the pulp takes a little bit more work to flush from the drum than my old one did. However it is in every other way superior to my previous Panasonic juice extractor. Buy this one with no fear.
on February 2, 2007
The juice extractor does FIT the 9 cup fp, as Kitchenaid says, however, it doesn't actually WORK with it. The attachment sits in the bowl just as it should, it spins around, but the food pusher does not reach down far enough to actually make juice out of your veggies. Whatever you drop in will simply go straight through without scraping the bottom, as Kitchenaid says it should, and then spin around like mad without making juice. I spoke with Kitchenaid a couple of times and I am sending it back. I even tried putting in larger chunks but it just won't hold them in place because the pusher and tube extender are not long enough. I also tried a wooden spoon for a pusher but it didn't help due to the shortness of the tube. Bottom line, no matter how bad you want this extractor, like I did, don't get it for a 9 cup processor.
on February 23, 2005
The KFP7JE will be compatible for larger food processors such as the 12 cup but is not yet available as of 23Feb05. The KFPJE is NOT compatible with the 12 cup food processor.
VINE VOICEon March 25, 2006
Let me start by saying I bought this almost a year ago and used it for the first time today. I could kick myself for waiting so long! I think this is a fabulous accessory. I can now enjoy my apple-carrot mix at a fraction of the cost I usually pay for a cup of juice.

This attachment is perfect for me a a great product overall if you are an occasional to moderate juice and/or are strapped for counter space. If you are a serious juicer, this may not have enough capacity or power for you. (Since everything sits in the workbowl, you only have so much space before the juice touches the pulp. I think you can get at least two, maybe three cups of liquid in before this happens.)

Also I was intrigued by a previous reviewer's comment about using the pulp for something else. Whenever I've used a real juicer, the pulp is so dry that it is absolutely flavorless useless. The pulp in this attachment is damp, so you're not getting all of the juice out of the items. However, with an attachment versus a juicer, you have to be willing to accept tradeoffs. What I did enjoy was the lower amount of froth in the juice with this product versus a juicer.

I found clean up really easy. I rinsed the pulp out, ran a bottle brush over it a few times and tossed it in the diswasher.
The only negative for me is that the appliance eventually started to walk across the counter. Since it was my first time using the attchment, I admit it could have been something I did wrong.
on November 29, 2007
I should qualify my 5 stars, because there's not a juice extractor on this planet that is perfect -- they all have pros and cons. But the price, quality and convenience of this one makes it a winner.

This juicer is similar to, and just as good as, the original Acme/Omega juicers. Sure, the yield on leafy greens isn't the best, but it does carrots, beets & celery as well an any other juicer -- and quickly, too. The yield is far better than the extractors that spit out the pulp right away.

I've been juicing on-and-off for the last decade, and I like that the parts for this juicer store easily while the food processor stays on my counter.

BTW, if the juicer starts to rattle or spin, adding another carrot firmly will usually solve the problem.
on February 28, 2003
This attachment vibrates so badly that it about bounces the food processor right off the counter. I love the food processor but I regret having bought the juice extractor.