Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: KitchenAid multi Slicer
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Adele Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

VINE VOICEon November 20, 2004
This is junk. The blades tore through the plastic with the first potato I tried to slice. The apple slicer broke on the 4th apple. The blades are not sharp, and takes considerable force to get it to slice anything. The Julianne attachment would not slice a block of chedder, though I do think any attachment would be able to slice Brie, and if not that, then perhaps jello. Worst purchase I ever made with the name Kitchenaid on it.
on February 7, 2005
This slicer seems easy enough and is easy to clean. Hard part is you have to press the blade over the food to be sliced. Potatoes and most foods used with this tool are oval shaped and do not stand up on end without slicing them. Once you have gotten the slicer over the food, you have to press it through the slicer sections manually. It is a better idea to get the box style cutter for about the same cost which is easier to use, has a shaped press to push the food through the blades and dishwasher safe too! I wish I had not found this item first.
VINE VOICEon December 9, 2006
We bought this thinking that it would make food prep easier, especially french fries and salsa. It's just not doing the trick effectively. Even my husband has a hard time getting the slicer to push down over a potato. It takes a lot of muscle and time, which is what it was meant to save. Delicate foods like tomatoes just get smashed, while hard foods are very difficult to push through.
on September 17, 2013
Worked fine for the first few apples, but then broke into pieces that stuck in the apple. BEWARE: The Amazon return period is only 30 days and I could not identify the manufacturer to contact them about a "one year warrantee against defective product".
review image review image
on July 18, 2013
out of the box, cleaned the fries one and it broke into pieces.
the took it back with no fuss though so points to them for customer service.

The part you grip was comfy, but the attachments are super cheap plastic and metal. The metal came out of the plastic and the metal bent out of shape and broke as well. so no plusses there.
on July 31, 2012
The apple slicer only lasted 2 months and then it completely broke apart going through an apple yesterday. I really liked it before that, but the quality is seriously lacking...can't even believe KitchenAid put their name on it.
on January 15, 2013
I bought this to make french fries with potatoes and sweet potatoes. I almost had to jump up and down on it to get the sweet potato in there, but then the slices are jammed in there. Potatoes are a little easier, still difficult to use.
on January 19, 2012
Too much work to be worth while. Tried to cut red potatoes with it and wound up with bruised knuckles & potato stuck in the holes. It's easier to slice them with a knife.
on January 19, 2015
Horrible product! What is the plastic base for? No instructions. The blade pops off when pushed against food. That blasted base doesn't fit. This is a piece of junk! I can't believe KitchenAid would have sponsored such a worthless product. What a waste of money. No stars whatsoever!
on September 18, 2008
The big impressive handle is fine. However this gadget did not earn my cupboard space.
However a closer look reveals dull nicked cutters that are attatched to hollow plastic holders or cutting dies.
I tried making french fries. The potato just gets stuck half way through and I really pushed my weight onto it.
Furthermore there is no chessboard like plastic pusher with grooves to mate with the cutter to finish pushing the potato through.
Food gets into the hollow areas making cutters both fun to wash and dry.
With only 1-3 grams of fat and some sodium, I'm buying frozen fries from the grocery store. I will continue to use my tube shaped apple corer with handle.