Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Recess Monkey Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on March 13, 2015
I love this hand blender! You just have to be careful if you are trying to blend/chop up something in a bowl because there will be splash back. definitely use the mixing container it comes with. great for smoothies, and making baby food.
on January 30, 2016
This has changed my cooking life! I can now make soup without fear of splattering a mess all over my kitchen, and I only need to use one pot for the whole meal, rather than messing up several different dishes.
on October 9, 2013
This is a great hand blender. Since it's metal on the bottom you can also use it for hot soups on the stove, which is nice. It is strong enough to blend frozen fruit for a smoothie also. Trust me on this one, don't buy the cheapie plastic bottom. I've had 2 and this one has already outlast both of them & going strong.
on July 21, 2013
The blender is working fine so far. I got it mostly to use with soups. I have tried blending smoothies, and it has worked, but I'm a little concerned with the blending jar that came with it. I am thinking of ordering a separate stainless steel blending container - I think it may hold up better.
on September 30, 2008
I use at work every day, a Braun mixer. I like that one and it works for me. I needed another at home and chose the KitchenAid, based on its reviews. This is a serious GUY TOOL. It blends my mixes lickety split, small ice cubes and all; and the stem is easier to lick :-) Much more power than the Braun. One very minor downside, the stem disconnect (push two buttons) not as convenient as the Braun (twist stem). Overall, this product rocks!
on January 5, 2014
I had an immersion blender and ran it into the ground. I don't even know what brand, but I love to cook and use my appliances to their full potential. My husband bought this one for me as one of my christmas presents.

So far I've used it to make a big pot of refried beans which I make from scratch starting with dried beans. They came out so smooth and thick.
Then I boiled an entire head of cauliflower and carrots and onions which I used the blender to make a creamy base for a vegetable soup, not needing any added cream or fat.
Next I simmered quartered apples, picked out the seeds, added spices and sugar and apple cider vinegar and used the immersion blender to smooth the skins and fiberous core to a spicy velvet apple butter.
The most recent thing I attempted was a cashew cream, made by soaking raw cashews, adding cold clean water and using a high powered blender to process them to the silky smoothness of dairy cream (suitable for a sour cream topping or sauces, depending on the spices and herbs added in), which ThIS immersion blender accomplished with surprising ease.

I do see what people are saying about the way the stick connects to the motor. I have been careful to click it firmly into place and haven't had a problem I can't say that it won't loosen up over time, which is why i didn't give it 5 stars. That's not entirely fair because it HASNT given me a problem. If it holds up for 6 months, keeps blending everything perfectly and doesn't start slipping from the base, I'll come back and give it that 5th star.
on August 30, 2011
This was my first hand blender and I've been very pleased . . . for the most part. It's a fancy kitchen appliance that I actually use quite often. It's a whiz at blended soups. It is so much easier than getting out my old food processor and dealing with transferring hot liquids and the mess and clean-up. I have two minor complaints. The outer casing of the electrical cord on mine started to split at the base of the unit after about a year of use. Also, while they say the main attachment is dishwasher safe, the top part of it will take on water that you can hear sloshing around inside of it after you take it out of the dishwasher. It's possible to shake it out, but by the time you're done doing that, you might as well hand wash the attachment.
on November 16, 2015
I've owned this less than a week and I've used it two times. It worked great for blending the smoothie and the soup I made. This was a lot easier for blending the soup then using my blender due to the quantity. It will make good prepration for big family get together easier.
on December 20, 2013
It's KitchenAid. Need I say more. It's quite heavy yes, its because it is a KitchenAid. It's designed to last forever. The lighter ones will last few months. They're like toys. I couldn't believe the price on this KitchenAid so I got this to make my soups. I do plan to accumulate as much KitchenAid products as I can. They are very durable and will last forever. It is just worth every $. These are investment pieces to have. I have always used a KitchenAid mixer and I can't use anything less than a KitchenAid. I don't work for this company btw. I am just sharing my first hand experience to people who are thinking of purchasing kitchen 'gadgets.' I have done my research and I wish you the best in doing yours.
on April 6, 2014
I use this more often than any other gadget. It is great to whip up eggs for omelets, awesome for making my Sunday tomato gravy (sauce) even mixing up a quick smoothy. Soups, salad dressing, this thing is like a whisk on steroids!